Notices

Class of March 2016 part 57

Old 09-08-2017, 09:53 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

bleah.

So far today
- 2 guys arguing loudly for a long time just outside my unit (why mine- it just seems to happen) at about 0300
- a truck picking up a dumpster about 0200- half an hour or beeps and bangs, never happened b4.
- someone- of course just outside my gate- to my unit, had dumped abut 30 very heavily used sanitary napkins/tampons on the road. I have disposable surgical like gloves- always so picked it all up.
- I told staff, as I am encouraged to tell them weird stuff. I thought that such a deliberate- careful act (no rubbish bag- all dumped over 30 feet, not in a pile) may indicate some one in the recovery program was being hassled- whatever. So was asked by staff (one girl- a tirade of questions..'why do I assume? Why did I not call the police? What did you think that? I am only asking to find out- I am not having a go at you John'..plus about 10 more. Sheesh- this is why is did not tell them stuff in the first place. I felt like a child being told off for doing something wrong.
- New library card did not work. Worked 4 days ago. Go 3rd degree from the library guy- had to show photo ID, repeat my address..blah. He said 'Just so we all know we are on the same page' and 'No we can really go to town'.
- Then a new guy- from the other area I do not have access to demanded I let him in. I said- no, ask staff. Also my key did not work as I am in a different area. He just kept going on and on ' all you have to do is open it for me'..etc. Then walks off mid sentence.
And it is only 1430.
I think humans around here have been drinking weird juice.
Going to a meeting later- with a young lady- who I bought a coffee for, very sad, lonely - from overseas- no family- after explaining to her I do not 13 step or will not be a best friend or sponsor. She is driving. I avoid new people, but I have known her for about 4 months, is always at the meetings I run. Probably be the normal highlight of the day.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:53 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

my beard has been rather silent on the day.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:10 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Purpl take care of yourself. Take care of Moe and the drumstick, too. Wishing you the best. I understand about the AV. No work + waiting out a hurricane = AV at the door. Bar the door against both AV and Irma.

Sam, hope you got some sleep. My sleep comes and goes, not chronic insomnia, but I take some melatonin once in a while. Seems hit and miss but it might be worth a try.

Congrats, Lillian! I think we all (except for Bobbie??) missed that one-month milestone.

PJ, keep on keepin' on. It sounds like you have a very structured recovery program. What's the next step? Your story inspires us all, so thank you friend!!

Nothin' much for my weekend. I need to fix the wiring leading to my overhead study light (which hasn't worked IN YEARS, like so much around here). Can't find my voltage detector though. Who knows where I left it last? It's driving me nuts, but a good, sober kind of nuts. Picking out a new light as well, so that's slightly fun.

Have a good day one and all. Stay safe and sober.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:28 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Morning!! Those exclamation marks are phoney enthusiasm. Lol. Another night with little sleep. Sorry to be a whiner here again. Made an appointment for next with my my GP so that's a good step. Also need to make one with my therapist as my night terrors are back. Blech. Haven't had them in a while. Weird. Anyways I am on my way to work. I am off tomorrow so vigilance is key today.

Purplrks - you will be in my thoughts today ❤️

Pelagic - I have tried Melatonin. Doesn't help at all unfortunately. Good luck with the light

PJ - Sounds like a crazy sort of day. Maybe your beard needs to speak up more?? Hope your evening was/is more peaceful

Will check in later. Happy Saturday.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-58-a.html

D