Notices

Class of March 2016 part 57

Old 09-03-2017, 12:55 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Up at three AM. Oh well, I had a grandmother who was up at 4 every day of her life. No alarm clock needed.

Thanks for the reminder, Kiki. It's important to remember how it ends if we don't stop. I was diagnosed with ascites already, not bad but even a layman like me can tell it's no ordinary beer gut. Almost two months of sobriety and it's still hanging around, like I swallowed a water balloon.

Harvey, what's left of it, passed through and left us with half an inch of rain. I looked at the rain gauge and tried to visualize 50+ inches instead. It's hard to imagine.

Have a great day everyone. Stay calm, stay sober. We can do this and it's entirely worth the effort.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:33 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Thanks Kiki for sharing that.....how horrible....I can't imagine going through that ~ and the poor girl! (I'm glad you got through your rough patch yesterday! Good work!)

Startin' fluid time....I woke up not knowing what day it is......it's Sunday, right? These holiday weekends always throw me off, 'cause I'll be off from one job tomorrow but working the other. Mindful crap!
Old 09-03-2017, 02:22 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Morning! Up and showered and ready to face the day...well sort of...some startin' fluid would help that's for sure

Work today and it will be a busy one. It's university move in weekend here and we are home to not one but two large schools. Anyways makes me even more appreciative than normal to be sober and able to work through today clear headed.

Well it's time for some go-juice. Happy Sunday!
Old 09-03-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Guess what? My oldest son is coming home to visit from college tonight and tomorrow! I pick him up at 1:00 today. I'm glad I didn't drink last night b/c I'd be hungover. I'm tired of alcohol dominating my life and plans. I'm glad I fought it off yesterday!

Have a great day everyone. I'll check back in later.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Up at three AM. Oh well, I had a grandmother who was up at 4 every day of her life. No alarm clock needed.

Thanks for the reminder, Kiki. It's important to remember how it ends if we don't stop. I was diagnosed with ascites already, not bad but even a layman like me can tell it's no ordinary beer gut. Almost two months of sobriety and it's still hanging around, like I swallowed a water balloon.

Harvey, what's left of it, passed through and left us with half an inch of rain. I looked at the rain gauge and tried to visualize 50+ inches instead. It's hard to imagine.

Have a great day everyone. Stay calm, stay sober. We can do this and it's entirely worth the effort.

You're doing great Pelagic! 2 months is truly amazing and I have no doubt you will keep going!
Old 09-03-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Thanks Kiki for sharing that.....how horrible....I can't imagine going through that ~ and the poor girl! (I'm glad you got through your rough patch yesterday! Good work!)

Startin' fluid time....I woke up not knowing what day it is......it's Sunday, right? These holiday weekends always throw me off, 'cause I'll be off from one job tomorrow but working the other. Mindful crap!
I've seen several women pass away from alcoholism in the past 10 years who were mothers and it was soooo sad. They all had young children and it was the saddest thing watching them lose their moms. The kids will wonder for the rest of their lives why their moms didn't love them enough to quit. :-( I don't want that to be me.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Morning! Up and showered and ready to face the day...well sort of...some startin' fluid would help that's for sure

Work today and it will be a busy one. It's university move in weekend here and we are home to not one but two large schools. Anyways makes me even more appreciative than normal to be sober and able to work through today clear headed.

Well it's time for some go-juice. Happy Sunday!

Have a great day at work Sam! Hopefully you have a smooth day...
Old 09-03-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday everybody. Half way through the long weekend! Startin' fluid time!!!
Old 09-03-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Wowsers that weekend went quick!! Back to work in the morning. Goodnite lovelies. Stay sober....it's the only way xxxx
Old 09-03-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Enjoy time with your son Kiki!

Hey Mish and BBG!!

Heading home from work. Decent day. No plans for the evening...which is alright by me. I work tomorrow so an early night is probably in the cards.

It's quiet in here. How's everyone?
Old 09-03-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I work tomorrow too, Sam.....f/t job is closed, but I'm scheduled to do another shift at my weekend job. Can't complain!

I'm home for the evening so I'll be around....you all have been warned!
Old 09-03-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Smile

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post

I'm home for the evening so I'll be around....you all have been warned!
Appreciate the warning but all I can think is...."YAY! Purp is fun!"

Old 09-03-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Prayers to all in pain.
A weird full of weird feelings and people who triggered my weirdness. Like a newie recovery lady in my patch- who thinks cancer can be a good thing- because one has time to reflect on death. Non-father's day added to this mix. I am okay, but a very, very emotional time.
Sigh- back to surviving and growing. No thoughts of doing anything silly..why? A pointless exercise. Like hiding from a policeman at the front door with bad news hoping they- and the reason for the visit- will magically go away. Best just to face the thoughts/feelings/emotions, ride them out and move on.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nothing good about cancer in my book.
Hope the week ahead is better PJ.

D
Old 09-03-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Huge hugs PJ. I really liked your analogy about the police officer at the door. So true. And so simple. Yet so hard. ❤️

LG - that emoji totally reminds me of Purplrks!! Lol

Well settled in for the night. Pjs are on and soon I will make some tea. Shocking, I know. I truly love the feelings of peace that sobriety brings. Gotta hold on to that.

Night!
Old 09-03-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Just put my littlest bug to bed and wanted to check in real quick while I can. It's been a good and sober weekend. Will be nice to wake up to Day 10 tomorrow ... again. Sam, I agree with what you said about loving the peace that comes with sobriety. So true, yet so easy to forget.

Hope everyone is doing well. Love you all xxx
Old 09-03-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Good night everyone! It was another sober day. Whew! I had a few thoughts around 4:00 (my usual time) but yelled at my AV to go to hell where it belongs! See you tomorrow. Love to all!
Old 09-04-2017, 01:03 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

LONG DAY- DRAINING HUMANS EVERYWHERE. Hope all are okay.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

My body does not feel like cooperating this morning! At least there's no hangover attached to it.....time for some startin' fluid.....hoping to finish out the work weekend with a smooth shift.

I'll check back in this afternoon! HUGS
Old 09-04-2017, 01:49 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

PJ, I'm glad you made it through a long day and hoping you have a good week ahead.

Not much new hereabouts. Made it through a favorite brew pub yesterday without ordering one of my favorite IPA's. Left without a growler. Not exciting, but sober. New normal. And it feels pretty good. Day 60.

Should be nice weather here again. September may be my favorite month: dry, still warm, lower humidity. Just about perfect. Time for some Fall plans. A weekend in NYC sounds about right.

Have a lovely day all. Stay serene and sober.