Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 283

Old 08-17-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Not great Pebbles feel sick to my stomach anxious and thinking all the time...Thanks for asking
Oh Neoo. Wish I could take all,the crap away.
Dig deep for all your coping mechanisms.
Music...a great film....a huge stuffed crust pizza..
Anything....apart from a drink. We're all here for you mush. Xxxx 😊
Old 08-17-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I know, wearing our heart on our sleeve does leave us open to getting hurt, but it also leaves us open to finding love, joy, beauty and magic.

I was going to wait, but it feels like the right time:

Nick and I are getting married on September 23. Yes, really.

When Nick proposed to me (on here, for those of you who may not know ), we said VERY SERIOUSLY that you are all invited to our wedding. Well, you are.

I appreciate that Columbus is not everyone's backyard, but, if you feel like a little drive or flight, (OK, not so little from Australia, UK, Europe), we would love you to come.

We are getting married on Scioto River (outside), small simple ceremony in the afternoon of Saturday 23rd. Not sure of more details yet, but it's booked.

May I say gulp.

Gulp.

We are very happy....only a slightly nervous jittery Suze....it's a lot to do on my own, as in without any female friends right here with me. I am going to need help. (Girls , help please!!!) s ♥

Woohoo, Woohoo, Woohoo!! My favorite love story, about a goat and a cat!!!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scylla View Post
Well I failed and am starting again today for another (new) 24. Feel I've let you all down but am just grateful you're there.

Talk about bringing the mood down!
Hello again lovely. You haven't failed. You're back here ready to start again .That is brave...and honest.
Every single person here has good days and bad.Tears as well as giggles. That's what friends do.
Read ...post...make a plan...come out fighting.
Lots of love. Xxx P.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles666 View Post
Oh Neoo. Wish I could take all,the crap away.
Dig deep for all your coping mechanisms.
Music...a great film....a huge stuffed crust pizza..
Anything....apart from a drink. We're all here for you mush. Xxxx ��
I know when it come to thinks like this I just fall off the deep end and I only met her, two times during we where talking and outside was very grey and she had said it is very bipolar weather I picked up she had said the same thing on the phone a few days ago..I might be thinking to much into things but that is never a statement I have heard before...
Old 08-17-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scylla View Post
Well I failed and am starting again today for another (new) 24. Feel I've let you all down but am just grateful you're there.

Talk about bringing the mood down!
Stay close so we can lift you up. We do this together!!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Prayers for those in Barcelona.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:58 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Prayers for those in Barcelona.
Totally. Watching it unfold on the news., so terrible.
Love will always win over hatred.,
😢😢 xx
Old 08-17-2017, 11:00 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I am in for another 24.

Suze, thanks for the invite. I'm coming.
I may have to cancel last minute because I'm generally broke but I so want to come.

Hope everyone is well, I do not know what happened in Barcelona.

we are not a failure if we never give up. Never stop trying. No matter what it is, no matter what sets you back, it's nothing but part of your journey.
Eyes on the prize, not the problem.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

^^^ Yey Del!!!

But OMG, what happened in Barcelona.....off to look.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post

All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me.... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” —Walt Disney

24 more for this alcoholic that is grateful.
I got to accept that I will live the rest of my life alone.
That's exactly how I feel right this moment. Bleak.

Off to a meeting we go !!!

Weev in at 7:18pm
Old 08-17-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

(((Weev1l))) ♥

(((erfra))) ♥

(((((everyone))))) ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 08-17-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

I know that drinking wont solve anything at the moment, but I had loads of pills in my bedside locker for anxiety and ocd an last night it did cross my mind to take them all. not the answer either but just sharing with you guys. It is not just yesterday but life is starting to seem like to much hard work all the time...
Old 08-17-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Good. Things are really good in my world right now. Just enjoying it. I could say it a thousand times and it's always true. It started right here. Love you guys so much.
(((Bobbie))) lovely to hear you so happy ❤❤❤
Old 08-17-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I know that drinking wont solve anything at the moment, but I had loads of pills in my bedside locker for anxiety and ocd an last night it did cross my mind to take them all. not the answer either but just sharing with you guys. It is not just yesterday but life is starting to seem like to much hard work all the time...
Neoo do you think a trip to the GP might be due sweetheart?
I feel a little like how I'd imagime I'd feel if someone has treated one of my daughter's that way. I'm really sorry you put yourself out there and have been burned Neoo. For people like us it's such a risk and you were so excited too......I'm sending you a big virtual mummy-hug (I'm good at those).
Please don't isolate yourself it's no good. We all care about you loads ❤❤❤
Old 08-17-2017, 11:56 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

^^^ This.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Thanks Jo I spent the day in bed today and do not like the idea of showing my face tomorrow as I told family and friends this was happening and going to feel like a right fool...I dont get it I think staying single might be the best option at least I am not putting myself out there to get hurt...Sorry for rambling on all day guys
Old 08-17-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Nothing worth having comes easy Neoo love....yes, life can be hard work sometimes. Gosh, I know I felt that way for quite a while and it made me despondent as well. But hard work pays off dear one, and you get to reap the rewards of that work. It just doesn't always happen exactly when we want it to....but it DOES happen.

Your life will reflect how hard you are working now....you will keep bringing into it amazing people who care for you, and things will continue to improve for you.

I promise. ♥
Old 08-17-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Thanks venus I won't be giving up just yet but with all the crappy things that are going on and you think something good is about to happen the bang that does not work either...Anyway I have talked enough wrecking heads at this stage...
Old 08-17-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Thanks Jo I spent the day in bed today and do not like the idea of showing my face tomorrow as I told family and friends this was happening and going to feel like a right fool...I dont get it I think staying single might be the best option at least I am not putting myself out there to get hurt...Sorry for rambling on all day guys
Neoo...it is not you that will be viewed as a fool...it is her.. we don't even know you ...yet we know you are one of the special guys. To describe things as bipolar this and bipolar that ..is indeed strange on her behalf. And I'm a psychiatric nurse...so should know .
I know life is ****** at the moment...but just focus on the next hour...the next day. You know the routine.
Rock bottom DOES have a basement. I used to live there ...even flippin wallpapered it..
Retreat...regroup ....come out fighting. I have that tattooed on my back with a Phoenix.
Stay with us ...who else is going to tell such awful jokes to make me smile through the tears ?? 😢 xx
Old 08-17-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

lol thanks Pebbles you made me smile I will stay with you guys I talked to a friend and he found the whole situation strange and also spoke to my mother who said something does not sound right. She did also say to me every boyfriend she has had has finished with her in a few months.. I did really like her but when she text me last night I text back and said I wish you all the best but please remove my number and cut contact..I wish her well but I am not going to lose my self respect and emotional well-being as it is rocky anyway.. I will get back signing in tomorrow and maybe a joke if you guys are lucky lol