Notices

Class of August 2017 Part Two

Old 08-14-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DarkestHour View Post
Hello everyone. Sorry for the gloomy post yesterday. I'm sure you could tell I had been drinking. Everyone here is right -- the AV wants us to believe we are lost causes. I'm going move forward. Keep up the good work, all.
Great to hear Darkest. It's only the alcohol telling you that you are a lost cause. It does the same to me.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

It's day 4 for me. It's nice to wake up and see all the posts from you lovely people. Today is house cleaning and more painting. I did 2 hours of painting yesterday. At least I will get it finished soon with no alcohol. Still having trouble remembering who is who on this thread. Lily I agree with TC. Get rid of that bottle.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hello, friends! So good to see all the posts from everyone

Old 08-14-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today - whatever day it is

Originally Posted by Surrender2win View Post
Embarrassed to admit that today is another Day #1 for me. My AV feeds off of my husband's drinking. I must find a way to deal with that. I have a sober app on my phone that tells me to join a F2F recovery group. It even provides a map to the closest meeting... I'm not too sure about that, but I am beginning to think that might be the only way to knock out the AV for good.

In the meantime, I am sticking close to SR and reading/posting often. Wishing everyone a safe and sober day.
I think adding to your recovery plan would be an awesome thing to do Surrender - welcome back - and welcome to you too Wrandi

D
Old 08-14-2017, 10:02 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Day 3. I woke up this morning feeling much better than I did yesterday. I felt pretty good throughout the day too. Not drinking definitely gives me a better outlook on life in general. Last Friday I called in sick and stayed in bed until 5pm because I just couldn't face the day. That was also the last day I drank. I don't want to go back there again.

After work I stopped and got some Sparkling ICE drinks and 15 calorie limeade. I will make some iced tea tomorrow. I drink water too but I like to have options

I have to get up at 7am tomorrow to meet my parents at the hospital at 9:15am for my mom's chemo appointment, and I have to drop my dog off at daycare before that so I need to go to bed as soon. I don't usually even get to work until 10am so 7am is going to come quickly.

Wishing everyone a happy, sober day
Old 08-14-2017, 10:14 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning All,

Bright and sunny here, of course as I have to work - never mind - I will forest bathe as I walk in.
I'm with you on the choices Emme - what I've realised this time is that a lot of the non-alcoholic choices available are just really sweet, unless you are drinking tea or coffee.
I may try and make some less sweet iced tea later. I have time - agree with you too Sweetie, I have time to get things finished now.
Onwards to another day
Old 08-14-2017, 11:00 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Quick morning check in, it's 6.15 am here and I have a busy day ahead. Sweeti, when you're done painting there can you come over and do my kitchen please?

Forwards, great to hear from you. I am sorry you are still in the hospital but it sounds like you are being well taken care of and that could really set you up for success. You've been through the mill but good can come of it friend.

Tea I hear you about getting rid if the bottle and I will. I am feeling strong and not tempted by it at all but there's no point in even having it in the boot of my car so I'll drop it off after work today.

Day 21 for me today. three whole weeks. I could not do this without this site or without you guys.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:40 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Ok will do Lily. What plane do I catch. lol
Old 08-14-2017, 11:48 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great going all you guys

D
Old 08-14-2017, 11:50 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi all , checking in fresh looking forward to the day ahead with nothing planned so far . The fridge is running a bit low so probably go for some groceries . I fancy a rib eye steak with all some new potatoes and fresh veg for dinner , I aint eve had breakfast ,yikes .
I hope those who are struggling find strength today .
Old 08-15-2017, 02:39 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning! Happy Tuesday! Routine day ahead today, a work trip and presentation was cancelled for today, yay!

Sounds Like everyone is doing well, how about a quick check in today if you haven't already, just stop in and say hi!

Starting to tweak my plan for vacation next week. Funny, the most challenging time in a weird way is sitting at restaurants on vacation. That feeling of, life is good, let's try and make it better with a few beers! I have to play that tape forward, that never ends well for sure...

Make it a super fabulous day guys!
Old 08-15-2017, 03:41 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Just wanted to check in and say hello! I'll be back later to catch up on the posts. :-)
Old 08-15-2017, 04:04 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Just read this. Thought I would share...

“Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. Commencing to drink after a period of sobriety, we are in a short time as bad as ever. If we have admitted we are alcoholics, we must have no reservations of any kind, nor any lurking notion that some day we will be immune to alcohol. What sort of thinking dominates an alcoholic who repeats time after time the desperate experiment of the first drink? Parallel with sound reasoning, there inevitably runs some insanely trivial excuse for taking the first drink. There is little thought of what the terrific consequences may be.” Have I given up all excuses for taking a drink?
Old 08-15-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

That feeling of, life is good, let's try and make it better with a few beers! I have to play that tape forward, that never ends well for sure...

Such a profound statement and so very very true in my case .This is how I seem to get caught out .
Old 08-15-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 3

Start of day 3 here. I've been feeling so bad about myself. My emotions are a bit out of control right now. My first challenge came up yesterday...my husband and I were watching tv. A story on the news came on that said moderate drinking is good for your health and reduces stress. My husband says "see that's what I want to be able to do w you...to be able to go out and have a few drinks w u and relax." The thing is, I don't think I can do that. I've been trying to do that for yet last 8 years and it doesn't work for me. I do ok for a bit but then inevitably I overdo it and my cycle starts again. I think the only way to ensure I won't overdo it is to not do it at all. I need to keep this in focus and realize that he can have a few drinks and relax and I can just relax. I'm just so tired of the cycle and what my life has become operating at less than full capacity, feeling like **** because I'm hungover. I want something better.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me too. Not quite awake yet but looking forward to today.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

hi ya again well i did my detox and that but ended up having dam drink sunday so on day 2 again. saw my alcohol dr and she has adjusted my meds a bit so hoping that its going to help more. I know meds will not cut out all of the AV but it does help a bit more and she asking me to plan a bit more activity instead of taking myself to bed. So still trying to keep up about things.

Good to see everyone still going for it. x will try and keep up daily here again instead of going quiet and falling in a trap xx
Old 08-15-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Day 16

I'm supposed to be going for a pub lunch on Thursday with my teacher colleagues to celebrate (hopefully) students' GCE results that come out that day (18 year olds for those not familiar with UK exam system). Not feeling it at the moment so at the risk of being thought of as anti-social, and I am socially awkward in situations such as this without alcohol, I'm going to use the advice I've seen BB give out. I am going to say "I can't make it" and accept that is a full sentence.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me, and I feel where you're coming from, rah555. Emotions are running riot. I wish I had some words of wisdom, but I don't know how to deal constructively with these things. I guess I'd better figure it out.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'm starting Day #2 and feeling a little better than yesterday. Not so much of a pity-party today. It's awesome to see so many posting in this class. Onward together.

My plan today is to get through the work day, grocery store after work, and then all of the cleaning tonight at home that I should have done over the weekend. Baby steps...

I just read this on another thread:
"On this road called life you have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes. People change. Things go wrong. But just remember, the ride goes on."

Wishing everyone a safe and sober day. Much love to all.