Notices

Class of August 2017 Part Two

Old 08-13-2017, 02:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey team late check in here. AV surprise thoughts earlier. Funny it was about vacation a week from now. Really odd how our minds work. I felt the voice and shut it down as I know where it would land if I keep entertaining it.

Welcome all the folks that just joined!

We can do this, a plan for events and situations is critical. Much love guys, let's keep going. Here's to Monday without a hangover and our old friends guilt and shame!
Old 08-13-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I need to be accountable and I'm on Day 2

It's been a long road trying to be sober. Since November last year, I've really recognized my alcoholism but I keep falling off. I binge drink once every two weeks. I am going through a terrible divorce and custody dispute. My ex hasn't let me see our very young children in almost 3 months. I'm miserably depressed. I'm living by myself with only a mattress and a skillet.

I've enrolled myself in an evening iop and have been meeting with a therapist and a psychiatrist. I know I need to be more accountable. I was supposed to have a video call with my girls this weekend and it never happened. I'm feeling so very low right now. He's now blocked me from calling so I have no idea why they never called.

I'd like to join the August 2017 group. Could really use some support not to drink right now.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
I've been gone because I've been drinking. Ughhhhh. Drinking alone I might add. I hate this so much. Day 1. I've been giving myself permission since I "have to" drink in October anyway for my bachelorette party and wedding. How insane am I? No one is going to force me to drink. And I've gained back the 10 pounds I lost for the event. I'm revoking my permission. Gotta put staying sober 1st.
Glad you're back Blackbird! I know how you feel! Ive had the same logic (or excuse) to drink. It's just our disease screwing with us. Ugh. Just take it one day at a time. Hang in there. We care!
Old 08-13-2017, 04:40 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Emzy20 View Post
Please can I join this group?

Welcome Emzy20! Glad you're here!

August 2017 Class!!!

PurpleCat
Forwards
Sober81
Lilymaz
teaorcoffee
Sath79
ReadyAtLast
Erratic
Doodles84
Michelle009
Eslsp
Surrender2win
determined99
fgo
Legolady
Awkwardkitty
Plenny
MNVikes4life
Jezzi
Flinders39
StartingOverNW
Islingtonite
Thomas59
Georgie123
DeniseLarkin
Evienne
LukeStanley
1StepUp
ghostgirl
courtneylove140
CaptainHaddock
Linners820
Poppy79
CJHolden
Susiegirl
Debbyjay
MovingForward1
Nic233
SoberNeveah
Atwitsend123
Pinky1
decchemist
snufkin
Purplrks3647
KIKI0615
Kgirl41
Thunderskies
Alock
DarkestHour
Horn95
LunaBlue
bblackbirdflyy
sweenzo
eremite
Lava256
Candie
BiskyRizness
Sunny06
GreatEscapade25
bllit
Jforce58
ChickChick
theVman31
Ekohe
emme99
Caramel
Areyoukittenme
Lyddie
Emzy20

*LET ME KNOW IF I FORGOT ANYONE! I am sure we will have more people join before the month is over.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

TeaorCoffee: Glad you made it through the day with out those stupid mimosas. I knew you would!
Old 08-13-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treesofgreen View Post
It's been a long road trying to be sober. Since November last year, I've really recognized my alcoholism but I keep falling off. I binge drink once every two weeks. I am going through a terrible divorce and custody dispute. My ex hasn't let me see our very young children in almost 3 months. I'm miserably depressed. I'm living by myself with only a mattress and a skillet.

I've enrolled myself in an evening iop and have been meeting with a therapist and a psychiatrist. I know I need to be more accountable. I was supposed to have a video call with my girls this weekend and it never happened. I'm feeling so very low right now. He's now blocked me from calling so I have no idea why they never called.

I'd like to join the August 2017 group. Could really use some support not to drink right now.
(((Treesofgreen))) I'm so sorry you are going through all of that! You will be in my prayers tonight. Glad you are here. Hugs!
Old 08-13-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Welcome Rah555, Sweetchick & Treesofgreen!!!

August 2017 Class!!!

PurpleCat
Forwards
Sober81
Lilymaz
teaorcoffee
Sath79
ReadyAtLast
Erratic
Doodles84
Michelle009
Eslsp
Surrender2win
determined99
fgo
Legolady
Awkwardkitty
Plenny
MNVikes4life
Jezzi
Flinders39
StartingOverNW
Islingtonite
Thomas59
Georgie123
DeniseLarkin
Evienne
LukeStanley
1StepUp
ghostgirl
courtneylove140
CaptainHaddock
Linners820
Poppy79
CJHolden
Susiegirl
Debbyjay
MovingForward1
Nic233
SoberNeveah
Atwitsend123
Pinky1
decchemist
snufkin
Purplrks3647
KIKI0615
Kgirl41
Thunderskies
Alock
DarkestHour
Horn95
LunaBlue
bblackbirdflyy
sweenzo
eremite
Lava256
Candie
BiskyRizness
Sunny06
GreatEscapade25
bllit
Jforce58
ChickChick
theVman31
Ekohe
emme99
Caramel
Areyoukittenme
Lyddie
Emzy20
Rah555
Sweetchick
Treesofgreen

*LET ME KNOW IF I FORGOT ANYONE! I am sure we will have more people join before the month is over.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Well....wrapping up day 6. I'm exhausted from shopping with my daughter all day. Good night class. Hugs to everyone struggling. Never give up!
Old 08-13-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Keep it going, all. I'm a lost case. Sorry.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:14 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcomes and kind words (a few pages back)!

Day 14 for me now. Had serious cravings on the evenings of 10-12, worse than the first week.

Today, I went to a family gathering and didn't drink a drop while everyone else did. No problem, really. I haven't told any of them that I am abstaining from booze. I think my sister and brother-in-law could tell that something was weird about me, but that's nothing new
Old 08-13-2017, 08:22 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DarkestHour View Post
No such thing as a lost case, friend.

You can always stop again, if that is what you think is best for you.

jus sayin
Old 08-13-2017, 09:48 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

You're not a lost case DarkestHour. We just have to keep trying and never give up.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:52 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

That's the alcohol talking. It wants you to believe you are a lost case. It wants you dead. F alcohol! You can do this! Try to get some rest tonight and check in tomorrow.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:07 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Morning All,

Back for a first proper day of work - it should be an ease in day, but we shall see.

DH - stay with us, I know it's hard right now, but once you get through the first bit, it will get better. Please, we want you to get better, plus we like having you around.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:08 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Well done Eremite and determined - way to go.

Welcome Rah and Trees
Old 08-13-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
I've been gone because I've been drinking. Ughhhhh. Drinking alone I might add. I hate this so much. Day 1. I've been giving myself permission since I "have to" drink in October anyway for my bachelorette party and wedding. How insane am I? No one is going to force me to drink. And I've gained back the 10 pounds I lost for the event. I'm revoking my permission. Gotta put staying sober 1st.
I should think your wedding should be a day when you especially DON'T want to drink, bbbf. Can you imagine risking messing up your own wedding by getting drunk or blacking out?!!! The same goes for the bachelorette party. Insane things often happen (I hear) and you may want to play Ms. Responsible and take care of yourself and look out for the other ladies. Just my opinion. Also, you may really not want to begin your married life drinking if you are an alcoholic. I'm sorry and feel for you. Try your hardest to stay sober.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:22 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Treesofgreen, I am sorry you are going through so much. Drinking will only make things worse. I'm glad you enrolled in an iop & are seeing a therapist & psychiatrist. I hope things get better soon
Old 08-13-2017, 10:24 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm soooo sorry, Treesofgreen. Stay close to SR. Good that you're seeing a therapist and psychiatrist. Have you tried AA?
Old 08-14-2017, 01:07 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome sweetichick areyoukittenme Emzy Rah StartingOver treesaregreen and Lyddie

Welcome back BBL I was pretty stubborn too - always trying to fit drinking into my life but not wanting to suffer any of the bad.

I couldn't do it. I'm sorry but I don't think you can do it either.

When you drink destructively you get devastation. Thats the bottom line.

I got sick of devastation.

DarkestHour - No ones a lost cause on my watch

The drive that got you to post here today will see you defeat this thing. Fan that flame

Thanks for posting Venecia!

Congrats to everyone racking up a milestone no matter what it is - apols if I missed anyone - braintired - long day

D
Old 08-14-2017, 02:18 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

OK, so I drank last night. The AV started on me when I was making lunch during the day but I managed to not give in at the time. Later in the evening, though, it was really strong. I went to my computer to log in here and, guess what, my internet was not working and I couldn't reach out. Perhaps if I had, I may not have drank. Anyway, I did not drink immediately; I first made myself tea, put my son in bed and then got to thinking, 'I can't spend another long night drinking tea!!!! I want this night to be fun. I want to drink. I'm going to drink...Oh, and I certainly will not log in to SR!'. So I made myself the first drink, and it was just what I needed. Only that (maybe it was because I hadn't had dinner yet but..) I was super high after that first one. But did that stop me from getting a second? Nope. After number 2, I was super super high. I won't say drunk because my husband didn't even notice. But I was struggling staying focused. The last thing I remember is getting myself a third drink (suicide), my husband asking if I wanted to watch one of my TV shows, me getting off my desk and going to the couch to watch TV. This was at around maybe 10:30 pm. Then I wake up, in bed, at 4:30 am and I'm wondering how I got into bed. I reach under my pillow to check for my phone and I find the TV remote. I almost laughed. I get out of bed and what is that on my nightstand, my unfinished glass of gin and tonic. I was a mix of emotions. I was thankful that at least I stopped at some point in my quest to kill myself and managed to get myself into bed. So I took the glass of gin to the kitchen, the remote back to the living room, drank a glass of milk and went back to bed. I was apprehensive that maybe I'd had a fight with my husband but, thankfully, he was cool in the morning. More likely, he left me 'watching TV' and I crawled in quietly. Phew! We/He can't handle another drunken fight.

So I'm back to day one but very happy about it, this time. I sure dodged a million bullets last night because, who knows, a million horrible things could've have happened to me while I was blacked out. I can't live like this anymore. I just can't. So, here's to day one.