Old 08-19-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aca508

D
Old 08-19-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hey classmates! Welcome aca508!

Starting Day #6. Beautiful Saturday morning here. I made it through last night. The anxiety was eased with chocolate. The absolute cure-all for me. Might be a problem if I continue though. I better get back to the gym.

Purplecat... I have to give you credit staying sober in a camper with a drinking hubby. That would be hard. Stay strong.

Kiki... good luck today. Let us know how you're dong.

Everyone... I hope you all have a safe and sober day. Stay strong!!
Old 08-19-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
Hey Readyatlast. The site I went on is r20.com. It costs $18 to join for a month. The r stands for recovery and its run by Tommy Rosen. He's really into yoga and meditation. The site has 17 yoga's so far. It may not suit you but I figured I would try it out for $18. I have done 3 off it as well as listen to some talks from him. Very relaxing.
sweetichick - Thanks for the recommendation. I saw a couple of video talks by Tommy Rosen and was impressed by him. I will check this out. I do have easy access to yoga classes locally but this might really help for those mornings or evenings when I just don't want to leave the house.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Good morning!!

Morning of day 7! Feeling good this morning! No hangover. Up and at em! Had coffee, going to breakfast with my hubby, going to the driving range, then to the store. Later we have dinner plans with our neighbors. I have to hold onto this feeling I have, the gladness of not waking up hungover and being able to do things today. Things have been a bit tense with my husband. My changing changes our routine and I don't think he likes it. He went out on his own last night but I stayed in. I felt a bit bad but I needed to stay in. Hope u all have a great day! Stay focused and keep all of the benefits of staying sober in your thoughts!
Old 08-19-2017, 08:04 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Keep it up everyone!
Old 08-19-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Welcome aca508 and everyone new

Have a good day at work Purplrks

Good luck with the move KiKi

Day 8
This last week went by pretty fast and physically I am feeling better. The nights can be kind of a struggle but the mornings are so much better waking up sober, not to mention I am a better employee not coming to work hungover.

My mom just got out of the hospital a couple of weeks ago because she has a blockage one of her tumors is causing and last night she was admitted into the ICU with Sepsis. It's not really a good situation and they aren't sure she will make it, but she looked better when we left last night so I am hopeful. I will be spending the day at the hospital, once I get done here. I'm kind of surprised, but thankful, that I don't have a desire to drink.

I hope everyone has a happy and sober weekend
Old 08-19-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

I have been so lazy today, but I am ok with that and have made some decisions I needed to make about upcoming events.

Rah, hang in there. Your husband may not like all the changes, but you are present and that is important. Respect to you and all the others with a drinker still in the house. Stay strong.

Emme, I am pleased you made this change in time to spend quality time with your mum.

Surrender, I wonder if supplies of chocolate are running low everywhere with all of us packing in booze this month. It does seem to do the trick, doesn't it.

Welcome Aca, you're in the right place. Lots of support here.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:23 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I've been visiting these forums occasionally for a few months and am glad to finally register.

I'm on day 1 - day 1 of many day 1's these past 8 months or so...

But I'm feeling determined this time. Or I feel ready at least. Maybe I've just grown tired of the tedious rollercoaster of quitting then drinking again then beating myself up about it then quitting again... It's so tiring and I have been in denial about the true strength of my AV and kidding myself thinking that I could just drink 'normally' (whatever that is!) I then find that the few drinks on a weekend turn in to a couple on a weekday, to one or two everyday to, well, same old story...

So here I am, tired and strung-out yet strangely upbeat and looking forward to the future..
Old 08-19-2017, 09:47 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Emme - my prayers are with your mom

Nightheron - welcome! Being truly ready is the best place to be. Hold onto that resolve. Be kind to yourself today, you deserve it. Eat well if you can and rest up. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I am on day 2 and so happy to have woken up with a clear head.

rah - I adore your avatar. Congrats on 1 week! I hope your husband comes around. It could just be growing pains. Change is hard but with time he might come to appreciate the positive changes in you sans the poison.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
My mom just got out of the hospital a couple of weeks ago because she has a blockage one of her tumors is causing and last night she was admitted into the ICU with Sepsis. It's not really a good situation and they aren't sure she will make it, but she looked better when we left last night so I am hopeful. I will be spending the day at the hospital, once I get done here. I'm kind of surprised, but thankful, that I don't have a desire to drink.

I hope everyone has a happy and sober weekend
I hope things go well for her. It's colon cancer, right? That's what my husband has. He got septic after one operation. It was touch and go for a while - he almost dird a couple times. He pulled through, though, but he did spent almost three months in the hospital. Hopefully your mom will pull through too.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DarkestHour View Post
eremite, I had the same thing happen to me when I was at Target yesterday. I passed the beer section, looked over, saw a couple of familiar drinks, and for a second I thought, "Well, maybe just tonight...." But I shook that off fast. Instead of day 1 again I'm on day 4. Instead of waking up with shame and regret, I'm waking up fresh and hopeful. This is not going to be another wasted day.
Yeah, it might never really go away, for me at least. It's kinda crazy; I had one brand that just hit the proverbial spot. I would get out of work and look forward to having it. If the store didn't have it, I'd be pretty irritated. One of my motivations to quit was to avoid the disappointment!
Old 08-19-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back RAL

D
Thank you Dee. Hope all is well with you
Old 08-19-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Evening everyone. Welcome aca508 and night heron. Good to see you posting here. Thinking about you and your Mum emme, hop everything goes ok for her. x

Hope everyone is doing okay. I read through some of the AVRT threads earlier, interesting stuff and I'm going to look into it more. Saturday night here, I'm avoiding the usual weekend drinking madness on facebook, I saw a video on there last weekend where a guy had dropped the last bottle of wine and was on the floor on his hands and knees with a straw. It was supposed to be funny.

So glad it's not me! I love Sunday mornings now. Enjoying the taste of my coffee, (and holding the cup with unshaky hands!) the quiet before everyone wakes up. Feeling good after a nice refreshing sleep. Yes, I love Sundays mornings, never thought I'd say that!

Have a lovely what's left of Saturday guys, stay strong and safe. Peace to all xxx
Old 08-19-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Day 3. I'm feeling much better today. Glad to have no hangover. Yesterday was a bit boring but I ended up reading my fiction book about "Dexter" which helped pass the time. I like the tv series better.
Welcome to the newbies joining.
Luna I am sorry to hear you are so down. I feel like that sometimes.
Thomas Let us know how the teaparty went with your daughter.
Lyddie Tommy Rosen is on Facebook. The online community group he runs is called recovery 2.0. I have found him to be good.
Rah I hope your husband will soon be happy with the new you.
Emme Really sorry to hear about your mum. I can't imagine what you must be going through.
No real plans for today. I need to make some asap so there's no time for drinking.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Good morning Lyddie. Hears to a great Sunday.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Mid day check in

Just checking in...mid way through day 7! So far so good. Breakfast w the hubby, hit some balls at the driving range, went shopping for some office supplies and football jerseys and a nap. I'll check in later! Hope everyone is doing well today!'
Old 08-19-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 7!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Checking in I'm sooo exhausted; I had a really hard shift today... When it's that busy, usually we can have a free 'shift drink' at the end of the night. I would typically go for a bottle of beer, and then drink ten more when I get home...but today for the first time I asked for a soft drink. And it was so nice and refreshing! I'm home now, going to sleep soon. Today feels like a victory.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I hope all is well with everyone ~ just wanted to check in before I collapse....I am pooped! But I'll take exhausted over passing-out-sloppy-drunk any day!

HUGS to the class of August!
Old 08-19-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Thanks sweetichick

Emme, I am thinking of you and your mom. I'm glad you are here and sober.

I am feeling a little better. I had a bad migraine and that put a huge damper on my day for awhile but it lightened up a bit and I was able to enjoy some time with my son. So it ended up being a good day I made a huge salad for dinner and ate the whole thing.

I was thinking about a glass of wine all day though for some stupid reason. But I knew it because of HALT and I was all of those things. I fixed the hunger part, vented to a friend, enjoyed the company of my son as much as I can though he is only two and that can be hard at times as I crave adult companionship and well, he's in his terrible twos. And I'm going to bed soon. So I think I did pretty well at getting rid of HALT and playing the tape through to an even worse headache tomorrow because who is the AV trying to fool? A glass of wine? We all know it would be the whole damn bottle plus more.

Thanks everyone. I couldn't post earlier (or call anyone!) when I was craving because I was out of service area but I am posting now, and the craving has passed, and I am so thankful.