Notices

Class of March 2016 part 56

Old 08-08-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I'm so gad to see the class back in action again! It was getting way too quiet in here.....

We missed you, Kiki!

Good to see you Pelagic and FallingLeaves

Late check in for me....I was painting rocks earlier.....seriously! Our morning show was talking about how it's been this fad lately....kinda like a replacement for pokemon I guess.....but you can decorate these rocks with paint or whatever & our morning host suggested that it be done with their show logo. So I attempted a couple & tweeted a picture to him. It took like four hours but it was pretty therapeutic. Only I'm not going to go out and place them somewhere for someone else to find. I'm keepin' em!

I guess I should try and get some sleep! Thanks everyone....day 3 is done for me!
Old 08-08-2017, 10:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Night Purp! Good to see you! I'd love to see a photo of those rocks. I heard that's kinda becoming a popular thing...painting rocks with messages and hiding them for others to find. Sounds therapeutic. I've been coloring in an adult coloring book off and on over the past week. VERY therapeutic & I have really awesome markers from an art store. $75 for 25 markers! Yikes! I spoiled myself a little... ;-)

Night!
Old 08-09-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Wednesday morning roll call anyone?!?

Maybe Phoenix will have us over to his new pad ~ we'll bring our crafts & have an "Arty Party!"

Clearly I was up pretty late from all the painting excitement.....on my 2nd cup o' startin' fluid already.....

Last night I checked into the 24 hr thread & almost thought I was in here for a second - lots of Marchers in there! Awesome!
Old 08-09-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Morning all!!

Off today!! Woot!! No Yoga in the Park though. I guess all the rain has made the ground too soggy. They do move it into their studio but it's just not the same to me. So I am contemplating a lazy, do-nothing kind of day. We shall see. Lol.

Nice to see our group getting so active again. Welcome back to everyone who was away - Kiki, Pelagic, Thirteenth....you were all missed

Purplrks - love the painting rocks idea! Like LOVE it!! Might have to try it!

Well off to find some startin' fluid.

Love you guys
Old 08-09-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I will HAVE to look the part for and art party so I am not apart, partly because art imparts parts of the soul- which is artful.
Just back from a 'spiritual' meeting. Very crowded. Good to go- I learn a great deal just by being there.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey all.

That's funny, Purple. I thought the same thing. Good to see so many of us checking in for 24 hours. Painting rocks and hiding them sounds like fun. Sounds like something my daughter would get into. I'll have to tell her.

Pelagic - glad you're back. Sounds like you had a great trip.

PHX - happy you found a mtg that didn't produce a lot of drama. I'm ready to do my part for the art party at your apartment.

Kiki - the thread woke up when you jumped in.

BBG - hey!

13th - Have a great day!

Sam - enjoy the day off. I bet you can't stay lazy for more than an hour. Just saying.

Mish - sweet dreams.

Falling Leaves - Hope you are having an awesome day!

You too, CristinaN!

Need a few check ins - MITA, Casey to begin with. LB, AK. Crap, I'm going to do a roll call. Good idea Purple.

Be right back.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

AppleKat
Beerbgone
Bobbieka
Caramel
Casey
Clearlyheaded
Dee
Falling Leaves
Immri
Jemma44
Kayak
Keets
KiKi
Ladybug
LillianGish
ManInTheArena
Mish
PeacefulRain
Pelagic
Phoenix
Purplrks
Samantha
Thirteenth
Upstairs
Old 08-09-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

What an awesome group of alcoholics.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Mornin' all. Just a quick check-in. Busy, busy, busy! l8r
Old 08-09-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening all. Yes, checking in really helps to keep us moving in the right direction!

I found a painted rock on a hike in the Sierras last week. A round river stone painted blue, with a pink bird surrounded by red hearts. It made me smile and wish I had one to leave as well. I'll try to post a pic later.

Busy day for me. Having been gone so long is great for stress but it's all just waiting for you when you get back. My BP is like a turtle right now (I assume here that turtles have low BP). I'd like to keep it that way, get all Zen or something, although I'm no good at that sort of thing.

Have a great day everyone! Check in, relax, and remember it's just better this way.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well I guess I should say hello. I didn't realize y'all could see me reading this thread

I've actually been sober since January but I have kept up with this thread since it began so hi to everyone.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post

Busy day for me. Having been gone so long is great for stress but it's all just waiting for you when you get back. My BP is like a turtle right now (I assume here that turtles have low BP). I'd like to keep it that way, get all Zen or something, although I'm no good at that sort of thing.
You build those muscles just like all the others. You can do a 5 minute guided meditation. Start with that. That's easy.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

August 9, 2017
– NATIONAL BOOK LOVERS DAY
– NATIONAL VEEP DAY
– NATIONAL RICE PUDDING DAY
Old 08-09-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post
Well I guess I should say hello. I didn't realize y'all could see me reading this thread

I've actually been sober since January but I have kept up with this thread since it began so hi to everyone.
Many times I've almost said home say hi Cristina N but didn't want to scare you off. 😂 Welcome to our group officially!

Good morning all. It's swim class day then Costco. Hopefully we can get it done before it hits 1000 degrees out. School started around here today so maybe we should blow off Costco and head straight to our empty swimming pools. The homeschoolers regain their parks, pools and libraries today 😝

I had a non-drinking dream last night, that's a first! It was New Year's Eve and my siblings were here and I wasn't drinking and I had absolutely no desire to at all.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Morning all!!

Off today!! Woot!! No Yoga in the Park though. I guess all the rain has made the ground too soggy. They do move it into their studio but it's just not the same to me. So I am contemplating a lazy, do-nothing kind of day. We shall see. Lol.

Nice to see our group getting so active again. Welcome back to everyone who was away - Kiki, Pelagic, Thirteenth....you were all missed

Love you guys
Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Maybe Phoenix will have us over to his new pad ~ we'll bring our crafts & have an "Arty Party!"

Clearly I was up pretty late from all the painting excitement.....on my 2nd cup o' startin' fluid already.....

Last night I checked into the 24 hr thread & almost thought I was in here for a second - lots of Marchers in there! Awesome!
An arts and crafts party sounds AWESOME! hahaha
Old 08-09-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Morning all!!

Love you guys
Hey Sam, missed you! I am glad to be back too. I wish I could come up and do yoga in the park with you sometime. It sounds really fun! have a great day!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Kiki - the thread woke up when you jumped in.
That's because I am AMAZING!!!! hahaha

I wish I really thought that about myself. Maybe someday.... :-(
Old 08-09-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Good morning/evening all. Yes, checking in really helps to keep us moving in the right direction!

I found a painted rock on a hike in the Sierras last week. A round river stone painted blue, with a pink bird surrounded by red hearts. It made me smile and wish I had one to leave as well. I'll try to post a pic later.

Have a great day everyone! Check in, relax, and remember it's just better this way.
Hey Pelagic. Hiking in the Sierras sounds amazing! I am jealous! I think I am going to find some rocks and start painting them. Sounds relaxing! What kind of paint do you use?
Old 08-09-2017, 10:58 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Mornin' all. Just a quick check-in. Busy, busy, busy! l8r
Morning BBG!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post

Hi Cristina!