Notices

Class of March 2016 part 56

Old 08-15-2017, 10:48 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

PhoenixJ - glad all's well, it had just seemed to me you hadn't been here as much as is your wont, but obviously you have been very busy
Old 08-16-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Caramel- yes... a tenancy after 30 years of home mortgaging. A lot has changed- getting up to speed with technomolology Also the childish goings on of neighbours- no nice big yards and suburban middle class niceties. Raw- hurt and damaged people regressing back to emotional anger. Horrible language, theft, manipulating others- relapses. Oh well- I know I am okay. Takes a little getting used to. Also the peak of winter's cold touch has caused bits of me to hurt rather a lot- which is to be expected- but it is very tiring.
My beard is coping with this with remarkable indifference.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Last year I saved these words of wisdom from Dee ~ thought it may be a nice time to repost:

To all those struggling all I can do is suggest you think about who you want to be, then accept the fact that you will have to give up drinking to become that person.

Think about what you drink for, or over, and think about other healthier ways to get whatever it is you need.

I wrote in the opening post of weekender thread this week about turning that stubbornness that keeps us drinking against all odds, into a stubbornness for recovery.

This is your lives you're fighting for guys - people die from this crap.

Go back to the basics and revise that recovery plan
Old 08-16-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thanks for reposting that Purpl. Dee's wise words, his perspective, have helped us all. Umm, he should write a book on recovery or something. Hint, hint.

I want to dig up three seedlings today to take back to PA: tuliptree, sassafras, gingko. Favorite trees of my youth here in Cincy.

I planted the gingko in 9th grade, about a million years ago. It's slow-growing but look at it now! Notoriously, its seeds smell exactly like dog s***. Small price to pay for a lovely tree.

Have a lovely day one and all. Some days are better than others, but a sober day is always best.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I'm up bright and early getting ready to take my oldest son to one last doctor check up before he leaves for college Saturday. Sniff sniff. My other 2 kids started high school today. Gotta stick close, the next few days are gonna be really emotional. I don't do well with emotions. Have a great day everyone!

Day 2.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Thirteenth: I really love what you wrote about not giving up!!! I will continue to fight the Beast!

Dee: Thanks for saying "no one is beyond hope!" Needed to hear it!

Phoenix: You're right...NONE OF US SUCK because we are still trying. And did you say it's winter there???

Caramel: Hi there!

Purp: I love what Dee wrote.
"To all those struggling all I can do is suggest you think about who you want to be, then accept the fact that you will have to give up drinking to become that person.

Think about what you drink for, or over, and think about other healthier ways to get whatever it is you need.

I wrote in the opening post of weekender thread this week about turning that stubbornness that keeps us drinking against all odds, into a stubbornness for recovery.

This is your lives you're fighting for guys - people die from this crap.

Go back to the basics and revise that recovery plan"

Pelagic: Did you say you are in Cincinnati???

Everyone have a great day!
Old 08-16-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 7. Back to one week after today.

Up early. Already did some sobriety-y-ish things.

Off work for my normal Wednesday. Gonna go trade in some more books in a bit. Dinner with the family this evening. Sorta looking forward to that. Sorta not. I've talked before about my current love/hate relationship with them and their viewpoints.

That's the basic plan for today. Well, that and not drinking.

Very quiet in here this morning. How's everyone doing?
Old 08-16-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Mornin' friends. Another gloomy and dreary day in my little corner of the world. It's 8:42 and the street lights are still on!

Thank goodness for startin' fluid.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Good to see folks here this morning. Officially 1 month for me today, but trying to treat it no differently than Day 1.

That for reposting that, Purps. I think if Dee just printed out every post he's ever had, it would be a pretty good book!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-16-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Morning!

Had a good night at my son's last night. Grandbabies are so fun!

Dee could very well have written and published a book and we wouldn't know would we?

PHX - crap you have a lot going on. I picked up on the salted caramel thing. Good one.

13th - keep doing you. You're better than you were a year ago.

MITA - hope all is well in the desert. (pretty sure you are traveling though)

Casey - Is it feeling good getting rid of the books or does it feel like your arm is being ripped off? Stay away from the current events while at your parents'.

Kiki - A lot going on in your world. Remember to pause and take care of Kiki every now and then.

BBG - hope that sun breaks through.

Purple - thanks for the share. "This is your lives you're fighting for guys - people die from this crap." Yep. This sh*ts for real.

Pelagic - Enjoy your tree planting.

Have a great day, People!
Old 08-16-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

August 16, 2017
– NATIONAL TELL A JOKE DAY
- NATIONAL AIRBORNE DAY
- NATIONAL ROLLER COASTER DAY
Old 08-16-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Morning, friends!

Day 8. Off to Amish country to ride a real train ... littlest bug loves trains right now. Wishing you all a great day. Will check back in later. Love you all.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I think you are supposed to hug a paratrooper BBG.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
I think you are supposed to hug a paratrooper BBG.
A paratrooper? Well ok. Gotta' love our military. As long as the paratrooper ain't no plumber!!!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Enjoy the eclipse, Bobbieka. You should be very close to totality where you are! Wishing you clear skies!

My bro-in-law is taking my niece to Hopkinsville, KY to see it. I guess that's like ground zero for eclipse watchers. He had to reserve a parking spot. Hopkinsville's "solar eclipse event consultant" is expecting 100k+ from 16 countries. Yikes.

My sister, who knows stuff about astronomy, says it gets so dark the stars come out. How cool is that!

Yup, Kiki, I'm in Cincinnati for a few days, helping out. Gotta say, I do not miss this humidity.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:22 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Yeah, P, we're supposed to have totality for 2 minutes. It's becoming a really big deal here. Kind of fun.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I wanted to share with you all - Nathan is 2 months clean and sober today. Thanks for all your prayers. I know it's only the beginning - but man, he's come a long way in 2 months.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:00 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Old 08-16-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post

Casey - Is it feeling good getting rid of the books or does it feel like your arm is being ripped off? Stay away from the current events while at your parents'.
Feels great so far!

Congrats to Nathan!
Old 08-16-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Casey!