Notices

Class of August 2017 Part One

Old 08-01-2017, 12:30 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, so nice to meet all my new classmates! Almost 8.30pm here in Scotland. I had a great day at work (it's amazing how much you can actually achieve when you're not hungover!) then met with my sister, daughter and my beautiful wee grandson for coffee. Tired tonight but in a good way. Tomorrow starts my second week and I am excited for that. Hope you all have a good day/evening/night wherever you are.

ps thanks for that app tip PC, and doodles, it was drinking too much on my birthday making me so ill that brought me here in the first place! Hope you have a great sober birthday when it comes.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lilymaz View Post
Hi everyone, so nice to meet all my new classmates! Almost 8.30pm here in Scotland. I had a great day at work (it's amazing how much you can actually achieve when you're not hungover!) then met with my sister, daughter and my beautiful wee grandson for coffee. Tired tonight but in a good way. Tomorrow starts my second week and I am excited for that. Hope you all have a good day/evening/night wherever you are.

ps thanks for that app tip PC, and doodles, it was drinking too much on my birthday making me so ill that brought me here in the first place! Hope you have a great sober birthday when it comes.
Hi Lilymaz - just waving as I'm in Scotland too
Old 08-01-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Welcome fgo and determined
Old 08-01-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you! Glad to be here!
Old 08-01-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! ☺️
Been sober for 10days now! First week was terrible, really struggled and felt so ill but over the last couple of days I've felt great! Alot more energy and enthusiasm to be productive. SR has been my rock lately, looking forward to joining August's class and meeting everyone!
Im also from Scotland! 🙋x
Old 08-01-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Just popping onto this thread to say Hello and welcome to all the newbies. I am a Julyer (2017) but I will keep checking in now and again as I love to hear people's stories and will offer support where I can because I know I need it at times X
Old 08-01-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks Susie.

Ready at last - the ride was great - and I'm now properly tired which I hope will help with sleep - have spent the last few days lethargically hanging around, which means I'm not tired at bedtime.

Wow - that's a lot of Scots in tonight - this thread is jumping.

Now to work on that sleep plan
Old 08-01-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

hey ral, legolady! Mon the Scots! well done on your 10 days lego, that's awesome!
Old 08-01-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Legolady -sending a wave to you too

Night all-hope everyone gets a great sleep tonight Happy sober sleeping.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Off to bed, see you all tomorrow!
Old 08-01-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well I've now got 24 hours so that counts as a successful Day 1 for me... On to Day 2...
Old 08-01-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi everyone *waves*

I'm approaching the end of day 5. I was bingeing rather than daily drinking so days 1-3 werent too bad as I often go 2-3 days without a drink. Days 4 and 5 have been hellish. I want a drink so badly. I have eaten a LOT of crap today to try and silence AV.

I have also had some stresses at work which have been giving me a 'reason' to drink. Both me and my husband have a day off tomorrow and normally I would use that as a reason to get wasted tonight as I can sleep in and he could help with the little one. Instead I am focussing on getting up clearheaded and spending the day productively. I am in bed (its 10.15pm here in the UK) have put fresh sheets on and had a hot shower so i feel clean and fresh.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Have a great night and enjoy the sober sleep! Me, protein drink in hand and feelin good.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Meow

You guys are getting to bed and I just got home from work!

I think the one thing I will always miss is the beer or glass of wine after a long day at work. If only they didn't turn into eight beers or a bottle of wine. Sigh.

Oh well. I am enjoying my sparking watermelon-lime water and an absolutely beautiful Michigan summer evening.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Eslsp, surrender2win, Michelle, fgo, legolady susiegirl and determined

Sincere apologies for any one I may have missed in my shout out.

lets do this thing

D
Old 08-01-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Popping in from August 2014 to wish all the best!

I absolutely believe each of you who have- and will- join, can transition to an alcohol-free life.

Congratulations on joining the class.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I just got off work too, and now I'm enjoying my sparkling lemon/lime water. I, too, will miss the beer and wine after work. If only I could stop at one. Hubby is outside drinking right now. That's one of my problems, but I have to get over that. As long as he keeps it away from me for the first few weeks, I'll be fine.

The work day seemed to never end today. Everything was in slow motion. I hate that. Fog is lifting, so that's good, but I'm just so tired... early to bed for me I'm afraid. Hopefully, I'll sleep.

Hope everyone has a great night. See ya tomorrow!
Old 08-01-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleCat View Post
I am enjoying my sparking watermelon-lime water and an absolutely beautiful Michigan summer evening.
Sparkling watermelon-lime water sounds good! I'll have to look for that.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by Surrender2win View Post
I just got off work too, and now I'm enjoying my sparkling lemon/lime water. I, too, will miss the beer and wine after work. If only I could stop at one. Hubby is outside drinking right now. That's one of my problems, but I have to get over that. As long as he keeps it away from me for the first few weeks, I'll be fine.

The work day seemed to never end today. Everything was in slow motion. I hate that. Fog is lifting, so that's good, but I'm just so tired... early to bed for me I'm afraid. Hopefully, I'll sleep.

Hope everyone has a great night. See ya tomorrow!
I have the same situation. My husband won't stop, and I won't cut him out of my life. He has stage four cancer. I made it four and a half months earlier this year. Started again mostly because I felt bad that he missed his drinking buddy. Well, that and I wanted to drink while camping. But being his drinking buddy just isn't working for me.

The watermelon-lime is by Ice Mountain.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, I've been in and out of these forums for I think about four years now. But having a monthly class has always helped me very much.

Day 2 again