Notices

Class of July 2017 Part 3

Old 08-01-2017, 11:00 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Gonna answer the questions and post more later. We are headed out to see Despicable Me 3, then off to soccer camp.
Loved reading about you all!

Screen Name: ChickChick
Age(ish):34
Family: Happily married, 4 kids ages 8-16, 1 girl 3 boys. They keep life interesting.
Drink of Choice: Beer (many but slowly / slowly but many)
Furbabies or pets: 1 lepord gecko, 1 cat and too many chickens to count (hence the screen name )
Drink(s) of Choice: beer, I hated getting totally wasted so it seemed the thing to drink, even though I didn't love the taste. I had a thing with tequila and wine in my 20's. Shudder.... Oh those hangovers were awful.
Dream Vacation: I'm a big kid so I love Disney vacations. If love to go to New Zealand for a grown up trip!
Something I hate: Cancer
Something I love: My family
Hobby: Knitting, reading, planning Disney trips, spinning yarn, watching movies.
Favorite indulgence: I'm on a keto diet right now so coffee, cheese, avocado's, eggs and bacon.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:38 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Oh Im sooo luving this little game! Here goes

Screen name: Stubbs16
Family : married 35 years, one son, four gkids
Doc: Ice cold Heineken, miller lites, and cigs
Pets: Rhodesian ridgeback and beagle
Dream vaca: Italy
Hate: Death
Love: Life
Hobbies: Hiking, photography, arts and crafts
Fav indulgence: Italian food
Old 08-01-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

How goes it today my sober classmates? Im doing ok. Still battling this cold/sinusitis thingie. May need a doc run to get some antibiotics. Trying to fight it out on my own.

Good to see alot of people checkin in.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Oh Stubbs - I do hope you get well soon X

Not been in a very good mood today. I think its because I didn't get off to sleep until early hours of this morning. Its 750pm in UK and I've already jumped into bed to catch up with you all and to read some of my book - hopefully will drop off to sleep earlier tonight (I certainly need some beauty sleep).

Still sober - so have now completed 10 days. I'm hoping the next couple of days will be a bit happier for me. I have been pretty good on the diet today - no crisps or chocolate. Hope I can keep this up for the rest of the week.

Chick Chick - it sounds like you're doing good on Day 10 too so well done X

Sean - What did you go to watch in the cinema and was it any good? X

If I don't speak later - will catch up with you all tomorrow X
Old 08-01-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
Oh Stubbs - I do hope you get well soon X

Not been in a very good mood today. I think its because I didn't get off to sleep until early hours of this morning. Its 750pm in UK and I've already jumped into bed to catch up with you all and to read some of my book - hopefully will drop off to sleep earlier tonight (I certainly need some beauty sleep).

Still sober - so have now completed 10 days. I'm hoping the next couple of days will be a bit happier for me. I have been pretty good on the diet today - no crisps or chocolate. Hope I can keep this up for the rest of the week.

Chick Chick - it sounds like you're doing good on Day 10 too so well done X

Sean - What did you go to watch in the cinema and was it any good? X

If I don't speak later - will catch up with you all tomorrow X
Hope you get some GREAT sleep tonight SG!
Old 08-01-2017, 12:36 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Day-31 Hello classmates. First day of August!

Just been having a little read of everyone's bios.

Okay, here goes. Suddenly nervous now.

Screen Name: jenuk
Family: Single, no kids
Furbabies or Pets: One cat that thinks he rules the world
Drink(s) of Choice: Vodka - and plenty of it
Dream Vacation: New York, California, Australia (if it was a bit closer and didn't have so many poisonous critters).
Something I love: Family (parents and grandmother)
Something I hate: The fact that I cant drink in moderation like other adults. Late trains. Spiders.
Hobbies: Glad to see I am not the only thrones fan! I also like The walking dead, Wentworth and others as well as watching movies (scary ones the most!) Also use the computer a lot.
Fav indulgence: Well not at the moment - hoping to replace it with something better!
Old 08-01-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wrigley119 View Post
Hope you get some GREAT sleep tonight SG!
Thanks Wrigley X
Old 08-01-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Thanks Susie. Have a good rest, hope tomorrow your mood is improved.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:21 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hey Susie, I watched Spider-Man, it was ok, I'm more of a DC fan but I loved Michael Keaton in it, he played the villain. Well done on day 10 (day 11 when you read this ). X

I'm off to sleep now so catch you all tomorrow. I haven't had any crazy dreams in a while so I hope I get some tonight.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Good evening folks. Checking in from my 16th floor hotel room in Chicago. Busy day traveling. Exploring the city tomorrow. Time to get some rest. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:13 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's no requirement for you or anyone else to count days FallingLeaves.

I'm glad to see you back tho - you too D'yerMaker - and a big welcome back to anyone I've missed
Old 08-02-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Day 11 today - had quite a good sleep last night so not feeling too bad this morning. Have a counsellor appointment in 1.5 hours so just about to jump in the shower. Haven't decided what to do later if anything at all - if the weather dries up a bit I at go for a little run.
Will check in later with you all X
Old 08-02-2017, 02:23 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Things are going well here, it's the calm before the storm of temptation. A few days in a row where I'm going to be out with the family at a few fun local community events. I'll try to resist the free beers I usually get offered by community leaders, but either way I'll be right back here checking in.

On to today's three stars I'd like to thank:

DyerMaker: Love that avatar! It makes me happy every time I see it. I'd had a feeling that we might have some things in common, so I wasn't surprised to read that you like craft beer and cheese. Cool to hear about all your pets too, I'm jealous!

Runestone: I really like your posting style, it's very open and honest, and always insteresting. You seem like someone I would turn to for advice.

StartAnew: Welcome back and please stick around! I was very interested to read about your son doing charity work in Uganda. I was a World Vision child sponsor for a long time until my little African girl grew into a woman and left her village. You seem to have a very gentle heart, please share it with us!
Old 08-02-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day 28 for me now.

It's very nice learning more about you guys. My AV was piping up a bit this morning but I think it's just the crappy weather getting to me. I'm fine now, I've had lunch and some tea and feel better again. Just watching Everybody Loves Raymond at the minute at my aunt's house. Had to pay more money out to get new tyres on my car earlier, wouldn't have been able to afford stuff like that if I was still drinking.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Well done on Day 28 Sean - You're nearly at 1 month.
I am in the same boat I need to get some new brake discs and so it looks like I'm going to be out of pocket of about £100. There is always something isn't it.

Been to see the counsellor this morning so had a good chat. It has been suggested to me about speaking to a family therapist to see if they can help with repairing mine and my daughters relationship. I just can't stand by and wait for her to change her mind. It's been about 2 months and it is killing me. I have tried everything that I can and its not getting me anywhere.

I always feel tired after speaking to the counsellor so am lying on the bed chilling at the moment. I will probably go for a little run later - just had lunch so can't go yet. X
Old 08-02-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Screen Name: Sunshine72
Age(ish): 44
Family: 16 year old son, second marriage
Furbabies or Pets: 2dogs, 2 cats, fish
Drink(s) of Choice: Beer then shots OR wine then Shots. Fireball, Jager, Tequila Rumplemintz
Dream Vacation: European Vacation
Something I Love: my son and my sobriety
Something I hate: LIARS and THIEFS and DEADBEATS
Favorite Indulgence (besides booze): Salty crunchy snacks at night like chips
Hobbies: LIVE MUSIC I cannot get enough!
Old 08-02-2017, 08:12 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Morning (or evening) everyone! Today is day 31. I'm just waking up drinking a cup of coffee and getting ready to go into a deposition to testify about a car accident that my family was involved in about a year and a half ago. I am SO nervous. I'm not going lie, I thought about having a shot or two before going in... Of course I'm not going to do that, but it crossed my mind. It's something I would have done a month ago.

Anyway, I feel like this has been weighing on my shoulders for the past month and I'm going to feel 100x better after this is over in the afternoon. I guess my biggest fear is that I'm going to have a panic attack during it, have to leave the room, and look like an idiot.

Anyway, my daughter is finally feeling better so that's a sigh of relief. I'm exhausted from late nights of being up with her, but like I said- this deposition was like the last HUGE stressful thing that I needed to deal with and had been putting off, so it'll feel good to just do it and take a deep breath this afternoon.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-02-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hey class,

Just catching up on the latest page. Good to hear from folks.

CP, Hope you enjoy your stay in the windy city!

Well done SF on 28 days. Woo hoo!

Susie, I think the family therapist idea is very good. I had an estranged relationship with my son over the years for brief periods, and I didnt get to see my gkids. That hurt tremendously. Im hopeful your situation will improve soon with your daughter.

hns, good luck at the depo, hope this lifts that worrisome feeling away from you. And huge congrats on 31! You rock! !

Ok, so Im still having these sinus issues. Fear it has gone into infection. Probably gonna have to bite the bullet,and get into docs. I just hate going to the doc,,plus my cost is outrageously high, thanks to the affordable care act.... not so affordable for me. Funny how I didnt mind spending cash on booze and cigs tho. Pathetic!

Have a great today friends.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about you infection Stubbs. That sucks about your healthcare situation too. I know what you mean, I remember I would spend my last pennies to get drunk or high without thinking of the important things I needed to spend it on, I guess that was the same for most of us.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.
Thanks Rubaduck for your kind words.
Congrats on 28 SeanFox87! 4 weeks! I'm on day 26 just behind you.
Sounds like that could be stressful hns0685. Good job on not grabbing a shot. Keep flexing those sober muscles!
Get well soon Stubbs.