Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 11

Old 08-25-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Kenton - thats dreadful.

D
Old 08-25-2017, 08:54 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Arg! Kenton I'm sorry but it's just ludicrous enough to laugh a little. I did. Because who would be that overblown and unclassy? Your neighbors that's who. I'm just sorry it's costing you anything. But please continue to keep your rhythm and not let them ruin your outlook

More on the tattoo and me and all that when I check in again. At this point I'm exhausted and I need sleep. 12 hour shift at the OTHER job
Old 08-26-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. My neighbours truly are the oddest people I've ever met. And I know I sometimes come across on here as a bit emotionally volatile but that's because this is the only place I talk about my addiction and what's going on inside my head. In the real world, I'm extremely friendly and kind and avoid conflict. However, I will stand up for myself and others if I think it's necessary. The problems with the neighbours started as soon as they moved in and started making my other neighbours live's hell. Our other neighbours are elderly and one has Alzheimers and the abuse they were getting was really awful. One day I got home and witnessed neighbours from hell laughing and shouting at the lady with Alzheimers and I lost my temper. I told them they should be ashamed of themselves and I helped the elderly lady back into her house. Since then I've been called every awful name imaginable and we've had to install cctv because they kept coming over and yelling at me.

I'm learning to rise above all the abuse but it is difficult and like Poppy says, I don't understand why people have to be so nasty and unkind. I understand we don't all have to be friends but why do they go out of their way to hurl abuse? I read somewhere that everyone you meet in this life is sent to teach you a lesson. Maybe it's my destiny to meet these people during my first year of recovery so I can have regular little tests to see whether I can handle the abuse without comforting myself with wine. I'm also aware of Dee's new signature quote and have to remind myself that I don't know what's going on in their lives. Doesn't stop me imagining what I'd like to say and do though!! .... hope everyone is ok. Lots of love xxxxx
Old 08-26-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Oh gosh Kenton, that is stressful, home should be were you can relax and not have to document negative activities. How is your puppy?

Tattoos, I have actually been thinking about getting one, a small one, perhaps on my inner wrist, I am leaning towards either a dog paw or a bear claw, or both. The bear is kind of my spirit symbol, my worry stone is jade with a bear claw etching on it and I have several other bear charms attached to it. Dogs to me, represent love and loyalty, make me smile and give me peace. I just have to find the right pattern and someone to do it.

My h*ll week is almost over, 10 more hours, I have tried to post here about a gazillion times this week but each time I had to X out because of Sgts and Lt's coming around and my evenings are spent zoning out and sleeping. So I will try again. After looking through several days worth of film the Lt, was unable to find visual proof that the inmate spit in my food, so he cannot be charged with anything. Which sucks as while everyone knows, even the Deputy Chef admitted to me that she knows he did, nothing can be done without proof. However because of his actions, we found out he, along with his mother, (yes dear mom) was smuggling marijuana into the jail. So he is facing felony charges for contraband and mommy dearest is also going to be facing several charges of her own.

oops here comes the Sgt, better post or lose it.

Love ya

Badge
Old 08-27-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

That's so infuriating that he wasn't caught on film Badger. What a disgusting human. At least he's now going to be facing extra charges for the contraband. I've been wondering lately what it is about certain people that tip them over the edge of common decency. I know we don't all spend our days skipping through fields of rainbows doing good deeds and speaking words of comfort with every breath but spitting in someone's food?? Or saying you hope someone gets cancer?? What makes people even think about doing/saying these disgusting things??

I've been googling narcissism lately and wondering whether there's been some kind of accelerated outbreak the world needs to be aware of. There seems to be a hell of a lot of them all of a sudden. It might be because after each episode of verbal abuse from my neighbours I get a bit angsty for a few days. I expect people to start shouting abuse at me in the supermarket or when I'm walking my dog. Slowly over time things calm down again until the next incident. I need to remind myself repeatedly that the vast majority of mankind are decent people. I can't let the minority make me wary of everyone.

I've thought about getting a tattoo on the inside of my wrist too. I was thinking of somehow incorporating the first letter of each of my kids names to form a pattern. But seeing as I have the artistic ability of a floorboard my attempts just look like 4 capital letters in a line!!

I hope you enjoy your well deserved weekend Badger. Hope everyone is doing well. Plenny, how did the tattooing of R go? Nands, how are you feeling now? Kev, are you in Greece yet? Steely, how is the new home? Poppy, hope you've had a lovely weekend snuggling with your gorgeous dogs and watching real crime. Hello Dee, hope all's good with you.

Be back later. Love you all xxxx
Old 08-27-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Morning all,
In a bit of a funk today. I'm antsy and in a 'mood' and have no clue as to why.
I feel stuck. If that makes sense. Restless.
Think I need a holiday.
No doubt my mood will improve later on but it still baffles me why I get like this for seemingly no good reason.
Anyways, I'm not drinking so that is a massive plus
Old 08-27-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Hey all

I've been feeling pretty good about things lately... Seems like R and I are both progressing in life. He's still maintaining, but I am nervous about the inevitable rock bottom. I hope he doesn't have to hit it.... I feel like he already did once in his life! But for now, things are really nice and we are being kind and very in love.

Here's a picture of the tattoo I gave him. And my kitty here just being her sweet self
Old 08-27-2017, 05:08 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

I suppose I can't post any pictures.... Hmmmm
Old 08-27-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Well anyway, I am sure y'all might be annoyed by my spouting about new found vegetarianism but I am really enjoying having a new obsession that actually makes me feel good!
Tonight I made some basmati rice, and I sauteed some mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, garlic and ginger in olive oil and sesame oil, and then I added some miso, a little sugar and some soy sauce. It's surprising that I don't miss meat

Ok that's a bit of a lie but my body doesn't
Old 08-27-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not annoyed by you talking about vegetarianism in the slightest Plenny - I was vegetarian myself for ten years or so.

Not sure why you can't post a pic? Are you uploading it from your device?

D
Old 08-27-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Administrator

so where is everyone?

D
Old 08-27-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Hi Dee! Whew thanks I feel like I am coming off as preachy but I am just blissfully distracted.

I am trying to post a pic from my desktop
Old 08-27-2017, 08:22 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Administrator

you should be able to attach it - go into full post reply rather than quick reply - and scroll down to 'manage attachments' - you can upload from there

D
Old 08-28-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

So my mood didn't improve. Maybe I just don't like Mondays. No doubt I will be skipping out the door tomorrow all jolly and merry.
Hope everyone is having a better day than me
Old 08-28-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Administrator

best of luck with that tomorrow Poppy

D
Old 08-28-2017, 01:09 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Poppy, sorry you're feeling like this. It happens to me too sometimes. Not sure where these low moods come from and what purpose they serve. Maybe it's life's way of telling us we need to slow down a bit and take notice of ourselves. I believe the universe tries to talk to us all the time but we're all so busy, we ignore it over and over again. Maybe every so often it demands our attention. You've been worried about your mum's health lately. Maybe that's affected you more than you realised and you need to process your feelings and take extra care of yourself? I hope you are feeling better now Poppy. As you say, these moods never last. Thinking of you xx

Plenny, your meal sounds delicious and I hope you can upload a photo of the tattoo soon, I'd love to see it.

Hope everyone is doing ok. It's bank holiday Monday in the UK and supposed to be a scorcher. It may be the last sunny day of the year so I suspect everyone in the UK will be outside all day soaking up every last drop of vitamin D whilst we can!

Love to everyone xxx
Old 08-28-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Did it work??
Old 08-28-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

This is my first post just so I can get myself going....

I'm fine just a bit sore. somehow I've talked myself into thinking I've been gone too long and I will no longer fit in as I can't catch up and will probably say something really wrong!

I know that is BS, but it feels very real right now.

I was able to get the hospital to keep mom out of my room after the surgery until 3 hours after I woke up. They would have done it for longer, but I didn't want her to feel bad.

I joked with the dr and nurses about tht I hoped they had a good nights sleep and didn't drink too much coffee that morning (we all had a good laugh about that!). The surgery room looked like a frigin' "ground control" room from the Apollo flights only modernized so the computer screens (6 or 8) were as big as my TV. Each screen showed different information and pictures.

Unfortunately the told me I have COPD, and my diabetis is out of control ... so more stuff to whine about when I get tired of whining about the surgery

I really hope you are all ok
Old 08-28-2017, 12:46 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Welcome back Nands please don't feel like you don't fit in here because you have been away in hospital.
What is COPD? If you don't mind me asking of course?
Kenton, you make perfect sense... subconscious is trying to tell me something but I sometimes have a hard time hearing her. Low and behold, my mood is better than it was yesterday. Yay!!
Plenny the pic didn't work, I just see a little empty box but your getting closer the previous times I didn't see anything. I will have a crack at uploading a pic at my desktop at work and if I figure it out I will send through step by step instructions. I write training manuals at work so am pretty good at instructions if I do say so myself. Lol.
Steely, thinking of you. Check in soon yeah.
Badge, that is great the **** is being charged and will spend much more time in the clink.
Hope you are having a nice bank holiday Kenton and enjoy the sun. I am looking forward to summer here in Australia although it can get really hot and humid for days, weeks on end. But we got some gorgeous beaches so can find a way to cool down god I miss the ocean.
Love to all and I will check in a wee bit later
Xoxo
Old 08-28-2017, 02:21 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

COPD is the new modern name for what use to be called emphysema. It basically means you have trouble breathing and don't get enough oxygen...could be why I'm tired all the time. I'm trying to see if I can psych myself into just diving in and quit smoking, diet, and exercise all at once.... Not ready to jump into it yet...