24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 275

Old 07-26-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

I'll take 24 more too!
Old 07-26-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Goat here...

A lot of personal growth for me in the past few weeks. I spent a lot of time only doing the easy things in my program, and not really looking too closely at myself. I wondered why people thought it was hard.

Well, now I know. This is pretty hard. I am having to really look at myself.

My metric is: If I am working on something or thinking about something, and it's completely logical and sensible, but my mind resists and fights and starts making me upset or angry... then that is definitely something I need to continue working on and thinking about.

The payoff is pretty immediate, actually. I have already let go of a lot of the garbage that was cluttering my head. There's plenty more in there, though. But I've made my decision. I am doing this, 100%. I'm done with being reactive. I'm done with feeling like a victim. I'm done with being in my own way.

Anyway, that's where I am. My AV is hiding somewhere in the corner not making a sound. Right now I'd sooner drink bleach than alcohol... But I am not letting myself get comfortable again.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Well another successful 24 hours in the bag.....a bit of time spent with my beautiful babies and then to another meeting.

PLEASE ANOTHER 24!!!

(Also start on the acamprosate in the morning cannot wait!!!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Goat here...

A lot of personal growth for me in the past few weeks. I spent a lot of time only doing the easy things in my program, and not really looking too closely at myself. I wondered why people thought it was hard.

Well, now I know. This is pretty hard. I am having to really look at myself.

My metric is: If I am working on something or thinking about something, and it's completely logical and sensible, but my mind resists and fights and starts making me upset or angry... then that is definitely something I need to continue working on and thinking about.

The payoff is pretty immediate, actually. I have already let go of a lot of the garbage that was cluttering my head. There's plenty more in there, though. But I've made my decision. I am doing this, 100%. I'm done with being reactive. I'm done with feeling like a victim. I'm done with being in my own way.

Anyway, that's where I am. My AV is hiding somewhere in the corner not making a sound. Right now I'd sooner drink bleach than alcohol... But I am not letting myself get comfortable again.
Wow thank you for sharing speak volumes

And spoke to me specially "I'm done with feeling like a victim.im done with being in my own way.
You_Rock_
Old 07-26-2017, 03:53 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Isn't it great life is open-ended!

—Brigitte Frase

Elizabeth Lawton, known as "Grandma Layton," is an American artist who never drew a picture until she was sixty-eight years old. She spent all the years before that time trying to cope with depression. She had gone through therapy, medications, and shock treatment and continued to be severely depressed. But then she signed up for an art class and the act of drawing cured her depression. She continues to make fabulous pictures.

What does she think about the critical acclaim her artwork has received? She says she wants others to know about her art so it may give hope to those who have also "suffered from feelings."

Many of us have suffered from feelings. We must remember that we can each turn to our creativity - at any age - as a source for our well-being. All we need to do is have faith in the potential goodness within ourselves and those we love.

What creative activity can I look to for comfort today?

24 more for this alcoholic that is living life at life terms one moment at the time.

So grateful today.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
Weev in for 24 more at 5:43pm.

Having a weird day. Finding it quite hard to post. Think I just spent too long on my own with a bottle

Thinking of you all.
Weird is fine went is sober.love and hugs.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Ef- I discovered art about 1 year ago. I use it as a visual journal of my recovery- what was and is and why. I paint or draw (or write) whenever- happy, sad...bored. It is a very cathartic way to express, learn and grow. AND it is cheaper than booze.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Awful Pip. I'm putting a brave face on for the girls but inside I'm crying. To have someone who knew everything about me (and trust me I've got a lot of skeletons) and accept it and support me getting sober then to betray me is devastating.
I feel silly moaning about it because no one is ill or dying but I'm not emotionally equipped to cope with this.
My whole family is visiting at the weekend and I've not told them. Probably just in case it works out stupid me.
Thanks for asking sweetheart.
I hope you feel better soon too. I'm thinking we have to work on ourselves for a long long time.......take care ❤❤❤
I understand exactly how you are feeling was there on dec. 2012, but after I found sobriety them the love of my kids them the love of my grandkids.
putting a braves is good for you kids . And don't worry about moaning , we do it here I do it, and it helps me. Love and hugs.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Ef- I discovered art about 1 year ago. I use it as a visual journal of my recovery- what was and is and why. I paint or draw (or write) whenever- happy, sad...bored. It is a very cathartic way to express, learn and grow. AND it is cheaper than booze.
Good for you. me still try to find my hobby ....
Would love to see them....
Old 07-26-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Gregknight and pipporossi and I'm here thinking that I was the only one spending to much time in my head like dori say " went life want to get you down....
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming
Old 07-26-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles666 View Post
Xxxx Lonely no more mate. You now have us lot. From every corner of the globe. 24/7. Xxxx
That's right you are lonely any more you got friends all over the world that care love you and wish you the best with all ours imperfections....
Old 07-26-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Checking in. Hope everyone is well. All calm and quiet here. I meditated on patience and the disadvantages of anger. Super helpful. There simply isnt any benefit to anger (anger includes irritation, annoyance, judgemental, etc) to myself or to others !

Keep up the great work milestoenrs !

I will catch up on this thread soon. One week away seems like a lifetime on this thread !

Another 24 hours of gratitude, patience and sobriety pls ! Its 9:28am here !
Old 07-26-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

EF- If you meant you would like to see my attempts-a lot are in the gallery bit with my profile, at SR.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
Haven't been posting on here for a little while as I kept failing on day 3. I have just completed another 24 hours (I'm in bed in p.j's so I class that as the day is over) and I've just completed Day 4. It's been a very testing day but I made it.
Sending you love dearest Susie.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

24 more please.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Lots of deep cleaning at work and home. Busy, busy, busy. 24 more!!!
Old 07-26-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

9:55 and a late check in from NY. Leaving the hospital tonight was difficult, my mom is doing better, but still has a ways to go to recover, and I am flying out tomorrow so I am home in time for a few meetings Friday, and for my son's birthday Saturday. I love my life in California, I love my family, job, house.., however, I miss being near my mom and my NY family/friends. Anyone else live far from home and dread the goodbye portion of trips?

I have lived in California for 19 years, and I still say I'm going home when I fly to NY, and also when flying back to CA. I guess I am lucky to have two places to call home.

Lots of prayers continue for all in our community struggling with health issues, or any other dilemma.

Congrats to all Milestoners.

Love to everyone!

❤️Delilah
Old 07-26-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last 24 hours:
10 EDT ~ 9.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Allyson1986xxx
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Bobbieka
BringingBackB
Canadian Koala
ChickChick