SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of October 2014 Part 40 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/413256-class-october-2014-part-40-a.html)

phoebe64 08-02-2017 10:03 AM

Frustrating, Leigh! Try logging out and maybe restarting your device?

Dee74 08-02-2017 04:11 PM

Hope you can figure it out soon Leigh :)

Hi everyone :)

D

Conquest 08-02-2017 04:37 PM

"Stuck in the middle with you..." comes to mind, Briar. Its a spot I know very well. :hug:

It's so good to hear that you're doing well, Phoebe. Keep taking it slow and steady. Sounds like you're right on track!

Jr is off to church camp tomorrow for the first time on his own... He'll have a blast, I know. But we're checking and double checking to make sure he has what he needs tonight. I bought a journal for him and I'm hoping he takes to it.

Huge hugs all around :grouphug:

Arbor 08-02-2017 05:12 PM

Good for you knowing your limits, Briar. If I see a show now it's got to be someone I haven't seen before or convenient. I mean, I'm a musician so I love me a good show, but it becomes a pricey evening coordinating sitters and such. I've pretty much seen all the greats at this point anyhow minus Sir Paul.

Glad the healing is going well, Pheebs! Keep your head up.

Sorry your having trouble logging in, Leigh. That is weird.

Anyone know what's up with Suze? I even friended her on FB and no response. Hope she is ok.

Hi'ya, Dee! Hope you enjoyed your break.

Briar 08-02-2017 06:05 PM

Arbor - go check out the Cheers for Venuscat thread in the newcomers daily support section. That's where she posts.

Dee74 08-02-2017 06:14 PM

Thanks Arbor - it was good, thanks :)

Briar 08-02-2017 11:14 PM

Back from climbing with less finger skin than I walked in with. It'll grow back. Besides, it was great for my badass cred to tape it up and get back on the wall. I did really well on some walls I thought were too advanced for me. We'll see how typing goes at work tomorrow. :)

Conquest 08-03-2017 04:14 AM

Ouch! But good for you, Briar! Tough cookie :)

How's the caffeine cut-off going, Arbor? I'm doing the same thing, only having it about once a week now. I haven't noticed many physical symptoms. I mostly just miss the smell and morning routine.

have a fantastic day gang!

Arbor 08-03-2017 01:12 PM

I don't miss it, Conquest. Been about a week now. Honestly, I feel more calm and have no more headaches. I'm sure I'll have a cup or two here and there eventually, but the reality is I don't need it.

Briar 08-03-2017 11:30 PM

That's awesome, Arbor. Caffeine is a tough one to kick. I had to cut way back on it a few months ago because I started having really bad anxiety. Now I only have a little, and I do find my natural energy seems more stable throughout the day. Crazy how we get so hooked on that stuff.

Mark1014 08-04-2017 04:24 AM

Happy Friday gang.

Last weekend before 7th grade starts for my 'little one'(soon to be taller than her mom). I miss her being my little girl, what a quiet house this is now. Just part of the journey I guess.

Wishing each of you the best weekend. :)

Dee74 08-04-2017 04:12 PM

is 7th grade high school there Mark?

D

Mark1014 08-04-2017 07:00 PM

Hi Dee, happy Saturday.

6th, 7th and 8th are 'middle school' with 9-12 being high school.

venuscat 08-04-2017 07:07 PM

:grouphug:

Love and hello. ♥

Dee74 08-04-2017 08:11 PM

Thanks Mark - gotcha :)

D

Briar 08-05-2017 08:15 AM

Hi Suze! Great to see you here! You sure have been through a lot these past few months. You're one tough girl!

Jeez Mark, mine's starting 1st grade and it's blowing my mind. She's my only one, so I'm trying to take it all in while I can.

My weekend keep getting lighter. Tonight's plans with my friend were scratched when she won Green Day tickets. Swim teacher is out of town. My hair stylist cancelled today's appointment. So now all I've got is a play date with preschool friends. I'm glad for a light day.

My finger is healing well. I was instructed to let it breathe and dry out while stretching it. I was a little squealy and wimpy about it because ouch and gross, but when I woke up this morning, it was much better. Now I actually have hope of climbing tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm heading up to my mom's place for a few days. Looking forward to a nice little vacation. It's supposed to be nice weather. Fingers crossed for no fires!

venuscat 08-05-2017 08:39 AM

Oh.....so sorry that your finger was injured Briar love, and yes, I know I am way behind all. :grouphug:

Green Day tickets.....so jealous. I love them. I have seen them live once though, years ago. They are amazing.

Thank you for your kind words...gosh this has been so huge.
I need to catch up everyone including myself.

I think.....I think that just maybe life is really really good. :)

I made french toast for Nick this morning, and now we are about to hang the last(ish, I am incorrigible) piece of wall art in our apartment, and check out all of the new doonas and pillows I bought online.

I have found absolutely EVERYTHING now Australian that I want/ed. Really. You should see my pantry. :) But the bedding was a problem....I sent one doona over, and then started looking.....no way no how can you get Australian quilts here. And yes, they are really different.

So now I have 3 Tontene doonas and 1 Sheridan....Dee and PJ will know that's kind of cool. They are the best Aus has to offer, and now we will be right for years.

Sorry to go on....I must catch up today.

I'm sorry I was away for a bit....I don't think I could have worked out what I wanted and needed to do for my life right now any other way though....Nick was in jail for 10 days for a DUI, and although we spoke every day, I had some much-needed time to myself to think. And I used it very well.

I must see how phoebe is....and all of you of course.

I love you. ♥

Briar 08-05-2017 10:54 PM

Finally peace! My daughter has a touch of bronchitis, nothing major, but enough that between that and the antibiotics, she's not exactly at her best. She's been aiming for the gold medal in bitching and moaning. Now she's asleep. It's so peaceful.

I think with a heap of tape my finger should be useable. Grateful for that!

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Arbor 08-06-2017 04:55 AM

Good to see you, Suze! Thanks for checking in! Lots going on...

Beautiful morning here. Low humidity. Think it may be a pool day.

That bronchitis is no joke, Briar. Wife and I got it this past winter from one of the kids. Seriously took six weeks to go away. Hang in there!

SoberLeigh 08-06-2017 11:19 PM

Finally able to successfully login.

Hope to catch up tomorrow.

I have missed you.

Love!