Notices

One Year & Over Part 52

Old 07-25-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lol, PJ!

Enjoy yourself, Dee!
Old 07-25-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

FBL- that is great news about Fran! I hope she is able to get more rest in the new unit.

Saskia- yummmm cheesecake! sounds amazing. I love to bake but I haven't made a cheesecake yet.

Enjoy your time off Dee!

My brother is in New York now on the Appalachian Trail. I think he has 750 miles to go. He has went over 1400 miles. He almost stepped on a rattlesnake a few days ago. People were saying there isn't many rattlesnakes in New York...so I think he let his guard down a little bit. I can't wait until he finishes. I haven't seen him since March.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Happy vacation Dee!

I'm glad Fran is out of ICU FBL. It will surely be a long road towards recovery for her but she seems to be making amazing progress.

Saskia, I trust that your Home has a gym and a pool to work off all of those new desserts that you must try? I still gladly give into sweet desserts as my treat for giving up boozing. I don't want to live a life of a total denial.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-25-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good afternoon Overs.

Have a good break Dee.

Mrs Terrific is doing well. She now has the experience to be able to fight the nausea at this stage. The second week is harder, almost like withdrawal symptoms .

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fbl, pleased Fran is out and getting better by the day!

Andy, say hi to Mrs Terrific, and you and the girls of course!

Nice and sunny here this evening. Take care x
Old 07-25-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee and have a great few days
Old 07-25-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

SG, yep - we have a gym, fitness classes and a lovely pool :-)
Old 07-25-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey guys,
just a quick flyby. Andy, I had to look those up:
https://www.bing.com/search?q=wheatb...ZI&form=MOZLBR

Grats FBL,

Hey Toots, PJ, Mags, FG, Dee, Mid, Gil, IP, Sassy, Star and the rest of the gang

Landscaping done, Storm damage roof repaired today. It leaked from two really bad storms. Insurance doesn't cover but we have the money so one more $1400.00 write off. The gazebo deck sold and is gone, the place looks so much better. I thought I wanted it in the backyard but the landscape foreman offered a big break from the landscape cost, but he had both the equipment and the labor to move it in one piece.

The Culvert and concrete headers I did last summer before my back surgery is working far better than expected. No drainage issues at all! The 5th wheel RV is buffed out and shines like new and goes up for sale tomorrow.

The overs are a good bunch. Aside from being a good example for all those folks struggling as hard as we all did, we've restored our family and friends belief in what what we can do.

Sassy,
I'm spoiled in the same way food-wise. My SH is a wonderful gourmet cook in her own right. Tonight one of my favorites modified with seasonal bounty. My buddy with too many tomato plants brought by 10 giant green tomatoes for frying, and 20giant bell peppers. He is my friend who likes my company on overnight Boar hunts. So tonight we are stuffing peppers with rice and Boar sausage that tastes like it has honey smoked bacon in it. Yum!

My twice canceled Lasik surgery will be next Monday. I've been concerned because of a known side effect of dry eyes. Mine already gave me grief and I had no idea what the deal was. It turns out I'm not alone and they have docs devoting their practice to relieving dry eyes.

I just thought I had cataracts or something and it was film from dry eyes and bacteria in my tear ducts. I've been on Restasis drops BID and it is much better.

If you always have to blink to focus see an Eye doc. I wish I had twenty years ago. Real difference in vision.

Have a great week and be there for friends and family. We'll be here for y'all.

Dee,
You enjoy your recharge and conditioning.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

So a pretty good week, itch.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, hope you're all ok!

Sounds great itchy and I'm pleased your back is working good after surgery.

Sassy, admit it, you're not in an OFH , you're in a luxury hotelcomehome. Wow.

, I'm at the docs today, get chloresterol results, they want to see me! And my ear is funny, it sounds as if I've got the sea and wind in there! think I've got 'Imapainintheneckittis '

Hope it's a good day for everyone
Old 07-25-2017, 10:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have found out the horrible truth, that biscuits at meetings and white bread MAKE you put on weight. Sigh. Preburns I was 126kg. Post burns I was 74kg. Now about 96 kg. Swinging, so now to make it a focus.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:49 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Mags - Mrs Terrific says 'Hi' and that she feels pretty terrific today.

Sassy - I'm very envious, I'm starting to turn green like this guy ->

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Andy, happy to hear Mrs Terrific feels good today! Give her a big hug for me.

Itchy, happy to hear your eyes are getting better. You're lucky your SH is a gourmet cook :-)

PJ, congrats on 1 + 6mo

Mags, sometimes I stop and ask myself "how did I get to be so lucky?" I have a very small apartment to keep expenses down and there isn't that much more I need to spend beyond that.

Hi IP, how goes the new job?

Happy Hump Day to all!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sassy, it's amazing how much different the "old folks" homes are nowadays from when we were young. I tell my Mom that if I could afford it, I'd move in to her place today and I'm "only" 51!

Looks like the only real humid day of the week today. Good day to stay inside and get some more work done.

Have a Happy (camel-less) Hump-Day, overs!
Old 07-26-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Itchy- I love fried green tomatoes. You really have got a lot accomplished.

Saskia- The pool does sound lovely. I would be in it all the time!

I hope everyone has a great wednesday. I am looking forward to the weekend. Next Tuesday my mom has a procedure done at the hospital so I will drive the 4 hours to be with her.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm pleased that Mrs. T. is feeling great today, Andy!

I hope all goes well with your mom, Midwest. You're a fine daughter.

Congratulations on your milestone, PJ!
Old 07-26-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad to see everyone doing so well!

The Overs are such an inspiring bunch of people. You folks show me that there is still so much to do in life post drinking.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-26-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning and/or good night Overs! A lovely morning here in Vancouver. Got up early, did yoga, walked the dog and now going to pick some things in the garden.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Magsie

Inpar, you'll be eating for months out of your garden! Yummy.

Sassy, the 'old peoples home' as they seem to be called around here, aren't as nice, I'm sad to say. There are some, I've heard of a place in Waltham , Uk, which has its own private apartments , no pool though! I hope the idea catches on here, I'd like to think there's some good OFH's about.

Think I'm gonna have to cut down on the ice cream....and cake! My chloresterol has come down but the bad chloresterol has gone up! Sigh. They've give me a stronger dose of statins.grrr., boo..hiss...
Old 07-26-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hello again everyone!

I have been sober since Feb 2013, but I've been away traveling for the past 6 months in areas with poor internet.

I've found that without my regular check in here on SR, my focus on sobriety started to shift - and I've read too many relapse posts to know where this train will lead. No issues yet - happy that I caught myself & realized that I had firmly slipped into the territory of taking sobriety for granted w/o realizing it!

I haven't posted on this thread for years, but it is so nice to see so many familiar names. Hope you all are doing well!

I am back in the US now after traveling for over 2 years, unpacking, & settling into my new life with my fiance. Right now I'm just doing set up errands - the sorting, cleaning, and doing things like trying on a million pairs of jeans to find "the one" that fits

Turns out my feet got wider b/c I didn't wear shoes for 2 years, only flipflops & now all my shoes are too small! Ha!

I hear you guys on cutting down on the food. I'm in the same boat (especially ahead of my wedding!) But it is summer time & Summer time the fruit is SOOO GOOD!!!!! Right now I'm eating peaches left and right