Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 07-25-2017, 12:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

just to let you guys know - taking a little vacation.
see you in a few days

D
Old 07-25-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I screwed up last night, even at my parents. (I was sneaky).

I made up for that by just now scheduling my treatment evaluation. No more promising and putting off. I'm going to do this thing.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Friday 11:30am
Old 07-25-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi morning/afternoon check in. 7 days. I'm hanging in there. My tendons feel like piano wires all over my body. That's from not drinking, certainly. I'm going to have 10 days for Saturday a.m. when I meet my coach. No sense in being anything but dead serious about this.

V
Old 07-25-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Let's do this, Vipe. Not for anybody else, for ourselves.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I've read a few "ran into an old drinking buddy who is also now not drinking" stories on here. Well, today it happened to me. It was a brief share and kind of in passing, but basically a guy I know through work (and the old hangout) did it due to health concerns.

It was validating, because outside of here, I'm still surrounded by a lot of drinkers.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Funny you shouId say that Rascal. I had a similar thing happen.
I spoke to an old friend today. A couple of months ago I had told her that I had quit drinking in the beginning of Feb, and how much better I feel. She seemed interested, so I sent her the link for Rational Recovery/AVRT.
Today she told me that she quit after she read it, and has not had a drink for 2 months!
Old 07-26-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Just got a confirmation call - treatment evaluation Friday at 11:30am!
Old 07-26-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good work, Axeman!
Old 07-26-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

AVRT worked great for me. It was like the first time I saw someone tie their shoe and then successfully tied my own. But I do wonder how it feels to those who may lead more with their emotions. Even the name Rational Recovery kind of leaves no room for anything but logic. If one is wired to lead with their heart, does AVRT even work?
Old 07-27-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is the big day! Wish me luck.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Great to hear, Axe. Good luck!
Old 07-28-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I made it through to the big day tomorrow when I go to my new life coach. I'm leaving for Boston as soon as I pack. Most likely I'm going to hang out with my long time friend. I guess there's an amazing healthy restaurant up there she wants to take me to.

Here's a little thing I found on the web. I had a similar transformation in 5 months, dropped 35lbs.

14 stunning photos taken before and after people stopped drinking
Old 07-28-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Meow

Hi guys. Glad to see some good things happening, but sad to see struggling as well. I'm glad you are still trying, though!

When camping season started Memorial Day weekend, I decided that I could drink while camping. DH was really missing his drinking buddy. It worked just fine the first few times, then the drinking extended to non/camping weekends. Then from Thursday - Sunday, then every day. You all know the story.

So I am going back to the VA. I have an appointment the week after next. In the interim, I have refilled my Campral prescription and should get it by Monday.

I miss how good I felt when I wasn't drinking at all. It's hard to not be a drinking buddy to my husband (who is so scared he will die from the cancer in the next six months or so - and he just might), but I just can't do this. I can't be a casual drinker. That ship has sailed, if it were ever in port to start with.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you ,PC. I am sorry for all you are going through and wish you and your husband all the best.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by RetiredGuy View Post
Good to hear from you ,PC. I am sorry for all you are going through and wish you and your husband all the best.
Thanks, RetiredGuy. So glad to see you are going well.

We're heading off to the Alleghenies next week for a family reunion at camp. Cabin with running water. You'd probably like the place.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

How did it go today Vipe?
Old 07-30-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

My Coach is unbelievable. Beyond excellent. This is exactly what I needed. Organization and goals from a compassionate, clear minded, 'go getter.' She has so much energy I think she recharged my batteries with long hug. 2 and half hours of intense workshopping. The payment is a formality, $50 for the 2.5 hours. It might as well be free. These people charge whatever they want. $450 an HOUR would be normal for this level of Coach.

So, great, great, great. I held it together to not drink which was the decision I made when I got the appointment, so tomorrow will be 2 weeks. There's finally a lift in the brutal symptoms I was having.

The crazy thing is this Coach has gone through the same medical condition as I have and got better. She knows everything about it, and has taken the drugs and done the diet. She's as much as an expert as I am. CRAZY.

It's all about 'existing in the vision.' Not the past, or present, but I'm to think as if my goals are already here. That opens up the highway for me to move forward. It gives the strength to move, and The Vision is the pulling force out of where I am. It's imperative to be pulled, not pushed. There's a lot of things to complete every day, from now on, but the vision drives it all.

She also told me I need to assert my individuality and personhood with my family and everyone else. Stop seeking approval.

For instance the vision is affirmed daily with 'I am healthy and strong,' 'I have conquered my health issues,' 'I am working in my dream career,' etc. I put myself there, and pull myself to that place. Its fascinating.

Vipe
Old 07-30-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

PurpleCat, I was thinking about you and I'm glad to see you here! Keep at it. If it was easy we wouldn't be here.

Viper
Old 07-30-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Vipe, it sounds like a positive experience. I'm curious to see how it works out -- keep us posted.

Hi PurpleCat!