Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 31

Old 08-12-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Tops, thank you for your vote of confidence! My thoughts exactly

Have you had a bad experience with steroid injections before? I know they can be a bit brutal. I hope you're not in any pain.

Obo, that's great news, you sound so in control of things, being proactive and doing what needs to be done. Great work

Mariah, Izzy how's things going?
Old 08-12-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

That sounds great Obo !

How was your first week Izzy ?

Free, .... the few cortisone injections I've had in the past with my knee were great ,.....but they're only designed as a temporary thing,....as far as the info I received.

I just have a rather firm bias against any kind of "work" being done on my back. Apparently, my confidence in the field of orthopedic medicine is not quite as high as it could be !?

May be getting to the end of this crazy summer cold that snuck up out of nowhere last week .
Old 08-12-2017, 11:52 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

hey yall-

can't sleep! Teachers started working last Monday, orientation was before that- students come this wed...

ready to meet the kiddos

in for the bargain!
Old 08-13-2017, 12:02 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good work Izzy
Hiya Tops

D
Old 08-13-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Summer colds are the pits! Hope it's out of your system now, Tops. I think my green smoothies have helped to keep the bugs away - (nothing to do with protecting my immune system, you understand, it's just the bugs take one look at the green slime and say "I'm out of here" )

I'm still using the frozen banana tip, it's working really well.

Izzy, hope all goes well when the children arrive. That's going to be full on isn't it? You'll need to supercharge your own reserves some how.

Visited my Mum today, she's not opening her eyes at all now, but oddly still seems to take the odd drink and some food with her eyes shut! Quite a revelation for the carer who feeds her. She also has a nasty cough, but I don't think is an actual chest infection. They're keeping an eye on it.

It's a good care home, the staff are very compassionate and caring. We are lucky to have found it for her.

August is speeding by,
Hope everyone's had a good weekend, and ready for the week ahead...
Old 08-13-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Darn good. timing Izzy, , ...... long term sobriety will surely be enhancing the days, weeks and months ahead this new school year !

Free, ...your folks are so, so fortunate to have your compassion and honesty during this time in their lives . No words can explain some things ,...so abstract.

Oh,...was wondering what turns the smoothie green ?
The only thing I have on board is some kale,....well,...probably need to steam collard greens a bit before trying to blend those babies ?

My smoothies lately are a local peach with frozen bananas . Found the bananas cut into smaller pieces before freezing makes them easier to continue adding for thickening to almost ice cream . Not sure it really qualifies as a * smoothie*, ,....with a bowl and spoon and all .
Old 08-14-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Mmmm, peach and banana ice cream/smoothie sounds scrummy.

I tend to use spinach as my greens - I can hardly taste it in a smoothie. My favorite one at the moment is simply spinach, banana, cocoa powder, with almond or soya milk and sweetened with just one date. It's brown rather than green, but it's so simple and tasty.
I have used kale and collards but in much smaller quantities than spinach because they're a lot stronger flavour. I've found they're fine without needing to soften, using my nutri ninja (just chop off the tough stems down the centre of the collard leaves).

It's been raining all day again here! I think I'll have to start taking some vitamin D tablets.
I have a day off on Wednesday, but the forcast isn't brilliant then either - never mind, at least I'll have time to do another job search.

There's not many opportunities around at the moment in Cornwall, but I feel I can't really move away while my parents are needing so much support. It's all a bit tricky here at the moment.

At least my frontal lobes are intact, and I can think clearly about things, thank heavens for sobriety!
Old 08-14-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

That sounds like a tasty recipe !!

,.....Will keep an eye out for some dates .

It's almost impossible to overstate the intangibles of sobriety like thinking "clearly " , huh ?

I suspect it's possible we may be far more fortunate than we could've imagined ?!
Old 08-14-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Only 48 hours until your students show Izzy !!!!
Old 08-15-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

A bit of good news today - I've been offered an interview for the job I applied for a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the interview date is 27th September, and I'll still be on holiday in Croatia! I fly home on the 28th.

I'll contact them tomorrow to see if they are able to move my interview to the 29th. It can't hurt to ask, but I know they'll have other candidates to consider.

I'm pleased to be offered an interview though. It's a good start to my jobhunting game plan

Good luck with the kiddos tomorrow Izzy!

Hope everyone's week is going well.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Congrats Free !!!

Sounds like the game plan is moving forward nicely . Maybe they'll move it up to a day before you take off on holiday ?

Our local marine store is moving next month and they send me emails periodically about clearance items. Last month the manager gave me a great * scratch and dent * price on a boat fender ,.....and when it was inflated I noticed a slight blemish . No big deal ,...but it got me to thinkin' I could probably show it to them and just "ask" if they could give the same discount on a second one .

Usually wear stained work clothes and a raggedy ole' hat I found in the middle of the road for this sort of thing .

Pulling in the parking lot,.... kept reminding myself ,.....

" what's it hurt to ask ? " ,

......it worked out great today !
Old 08-15-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got an interview Freein - hopefully they can work out the timing

D
Old 08-15-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

I'll contact them today, and see what they say, fingers crossed.

Tops, so you managed to get a discount on a second fender? That's great. Old hats found in the middle of the road are worth their weight in gold aren't they?
(Perhaps I'll keep a look out - see if I can find one to wear at my interview )

Dee, hope your having a lucky day too!
Old 08-16-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited! They've happily changed my interview date for the 29th Sept - my first day back from holiday!

I've also booked a meeting in a couple of weeks time to meet some of the team I'll (possibly) be working with!

Now I've told someone (i.e you all), I can stop jumping up and down!

Calm, stay calm, caaaaalm......
Old 08-16-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Old 08-16-2017, 05:00 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats great news Freein - fingers crossed for you

D
Old 08-16-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello everyone.
Still putting along here. Mom has been in the hospital again since the 7th, finally came home this afternoon. She has been extremely anxious since she's been home. I think she is feeling overwhelmed with the new breathing treatments and is worried about being a burden.

Good luck with the interview free, you will knock em dead.
Hope you keep on the mend tops.
You can get through the anger obo, working through those issues will really help with sobriety.
Good luck with the kids izzy.
How are things Mariah and Dee?
Old 08-16-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Administrator

Battling on Up

Best wishes to your Mom - I hope she'll feel less anxiety in familiar surrounds.

D
Old 08-16-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Nice work on the interview Free! I'm glad your Mom is comfortable & knows she's loved.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

UP, I hope your Mum settles back at home quickly. It sounds like she's been through a tough time over the last few weeks.

Mariah, I'm glad to see you're safely back from your river bank camping trip! It's been raining here for most of August - I hope your weather has been a bit more friendly.

My cousin is visiting tomorrow night and staying over. It'll be lovely to see her. I'm hoping the weather will be good enough to get out for a walk on Saturday before she flies back home up to Scotland. There's a lovely old manor house, close by, owned by the National Trust, which will be quite nice to potter around, (if she's remembered to bring her walking boots). It'll be good to get outside to blow the weeks cobwebs away.

Hope everyone's week is going well.