Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 31

Old 07-28-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

So glad you feel improvement Up. Hope your day is going well

I'm pretty beat......I was pretty much non stop for 27 hours except to get some sleep which wasn't great, woke up with what feels like strep throat & then camp breakfast & packing everything up. The residents enjoyed it & another year before we do it again......the campground we camped at is just on the outskirts of town & the area where we were had quite a few tweeters & homeless people. The couple next to us with a baby acted as if we were camping in their backyard & inconvenience to them.....I'm sorry they are homeless but it is a campground.

thinking I might pack up myself & go find a spot on the river. Have a good weekend all.

Good going on the Yoga & exercise Free. I've been so busy & haven't made any time for that & would really like to incorporate it into my life as I know the benefits would be good for me. I'll work on that
Old 07-28-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

13. Lucky for some. That's the 90 day barrier cleared.

Helped new neighbors with their 2000 dollar cows last week. They'd bolted and been missing for 2 days.

Today they gave us a bottle of red as thanks.

Life.

Hope all are well.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:25 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Up! Sorry to hear you still have pain to deal with but sounds like
You have a dr you trust... glad things are improving, anyway , and that you're back here

Mariah- hope you get some rest from the campout- feeling like u have strep can't be good. You said something to me recently that I keep hearing , "take care of yourself" ... I hope u take care of yourself, too!

Heard from an old friend today. within her Facebook message, she said , "I need you." Simple words but meant a lot to me. We were like sisters in college.

Painted my classroom today. Overwhelmed but looking forward to a life outside of these 4 walls ...

Nite, fools ❤
Old 07-28-2017, 09:38 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Izzy..... goodnight
Old 07-29-2017, 12:45 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I would imagine that taking and supervising a group of people camping is incredibly tiring - not much rest. It's a wonderful thing to have done though Mariah, it must have been a great experience for the residents.

I have a friend (I've not known very long) who is trying to quit smoking cannabis (and tobacco), he's pretty much lost everything through drinking in the past. He hasn't drunk for a long time, but can't seem to kick the weed habit. His life is totally upside down at the moment, and its heart breaking to see him suffering so badly. I saw him after I finished work yesterday, and his housing situation is now very precarious.
He doesn't want to seek help at the moment. He's still young, with his whole life in front of him, It's just such a sad situation.
These next few weeks will be critical for him.

There but for the grace of God go I.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

So glad to be home this am.....is going to be a scorcher here today so headed out to water the gardens. Some business to take care of in town then off to find a spot by the river......didn't go yesterday, stayed home & took a 4 hour nap then an early night & more sleep.

Hope everyone has a good day. Take care Fools
Old 07-29-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hope you had a relaxing time by the river, Mariah. It sounds so tranquil.
It's been miserable weather here these last few days, I think our summer might have come and gone!

Off to see my parents today. I'm craving time away from everyone. I just don't seem to have enough time on my own at the moment. It's difficult to "be in the now" when "the now" feels so demanding. I want my own private "now", one that I can just peep out from every so often

I'm looking forward to my trip to London to see Eckhart. Perhaps I'll learn how to integrate my "now" with everyone else's! Or, alternatively perhaps he'll recommend a good hermitage in the Himalayas?

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I hope you get some time to yourself Free& visit with your parents was good. had the beach to myself for an hour & again at the end of the day yesterday. Everyone having a good time on the river. I didn't really think about the drinking when everyone was drinking down there yesterday but I reflect on what it's like to wake up after a day drinking on the river & am thankful for my sober life & cream soda

I hope everyone had a good weekend too.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:36 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

Back on deck after a break - hope everyone is doing ok

D
Old 07-30-2017, 11:20 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Welcome back Dee !

Just popping in for a second to catch up . Woke up unexpectedly ,...

Mariah ,... my hat's off to you and your activities director to pull off the camping trip like y'all did .

Freein, ... I'm finding it tricky to balance enough personal time recently also ,... even with this "new and improved " work schedule coming !?
Realized Friday it's just too demanding ,...creating some physical stress on my Dad to take any more trips out on the river in his rather frail condition .

It's a challenging and rather futile exercise on my end too !

Headed back to bed ,... determined to get my sleep pattern back to in more natural rhythm , ...
Old 07-31-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Dee, I hope you had a restful break, it's good to take time out every now and then. Did you have time to do something for yourself?

Tops, it is a dilemma isn't it? On the one hand you want to help make your parents last few years as enjoyable as possible, but on the other hand you also need time to enjoy your own life. It's wonderful that you've included your Dad on trips out, it is a little bit funny that it's been a bit too much for him - it's usually the other way round....."My children can't be bothered to visit me..." I can imagine your Dad hiding behind the sofa, saying "Its too much, I need a break....."

I think it was probably a mistake on my part, visiting my parents every Sunday. It's now something that's expected, and just part of my dad's routine, rather than something for him to look forward to. My brother was visiting last week, and my dad found that much more exciting (probably because they can sit and talk about carburettors for hours).

Your dad is so lucky to have you as a son. I'm sure he realises it too.
There's no doubt that it's important to balance that role with personal time too.
It's a challenge for sure. I've definitely not got it right - I'd quite like to run away to be honest..but I know that won't actually help.

Perhaps I'll find a way to have a mini-run- away
Old 08-01-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I hope everyone's having a good week!

It's still raining here, but on the plus side the runner beans are prolific.
Who couldn't love the English summers

Just finished my morning workout, and need to get ready for work.

Have a great day all.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:21 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post

Have a great day all.
Thanks Free .....you too !

Glad to hear your garden is getting plenty of rain water .

This summer has been the wettest I can remember. The last three days without rain seems like a record . Our forecast is calling for stormy weather starting Thursday as far as it goes ,...till next Wed .

Slept most of the day away Tues. This new schedule may take a little while to adapt to,...but looking forward to the transition.

Wrapping my head around spending some time on the old off road beater on the wet roads and trails .
Old 08-02-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Headed out early to appt with Rhumetologist this am. Started making my camping list last night & so looking forward to some time on the river at the end of next week. 108 yesterday & predicting 115 today.....yuck.

Have a good day all
Old 08-02-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Tops, I think the weather fronts often get to you first, then seem to meander over to us. Could you let me know when you start getting some dry weather, so that I can get some washing done in readiness for hanging out on the line?

Enjoy the trails if you do decide to brave the elements..

Mariah, hope all went well at rheumatology today. It's good to keep a check on things. Camping by the river is a lovely way to spend time. Sleeping in a tent while listening to the river flow must be even better than listening to rain falling on the canvas (which is generally what I fall asleep to when camping, and of course the gentle drip, drip of water seeping through the tent seams and finding their way in to my sleeping bag is really what it's all about .......ah, those were the days....)

I think I've been what's known in camping circles as "the over enthusiastic amateur" probably not someone you'd like to go river rafting on the rapids with!

You're both sounding so energetic and outdoorsy, while I'm being a bit grumpy watching life pass me by. Time for me to step up a bit and get out my skipping rope!
Old 08-02-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Free ,
,,,........although this has absolutely nothing with you,... "stepping up "

...I found a few of the musicians accounts a fascinating glimpse into their total musical immersion as children . Etta Baker playing with her older sister Cora ,....my goodness .

And Moses Rascoe sharing new verses with his friend Thomas Burt toward the end .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd6EIqiLRlA
Old 08-02-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Mariah
great doco Tops

Hi Freein - and everyone else reading
D
Old 08-02-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good evening all........heat wave & no relief in sight. Grateful for air conditioning.

Rhumetologist prescribed a treatment I will start after my time on the river. Doctor said my feet look terrible....actually said that. Quite a bit of inflammation. They can sure hurt so hoping this will work before the rain comes. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. have a good Thursday
Old 08-03-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Just watched "step it up and go" ! Goodness, it's fascinating stuff. It's odd that the blues can make me smile so much, how does it do that?

"They work me like a dog six days a week, but on the seventh I live like a king" what a quote.

Thanks for that Tops, a great bit of history.

Friday tomorrow, I'm in for the Bargain.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

14 weeks.

I'm in for the bargain.

Hi everyone hope you're all well.