Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 31

Old 10-11-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Congratulations free. That's great to hear.

Good to see all of you.

Don't give up obo.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:55 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone I'm still a little bit dumbfounded this morning.
It'll be a big change, and a new beginning of sorts for me.

Today I'll need to warn my manager that she'll be getting a call for references ......I don't think she'll be too delighted. I have to give 8 weeks notice, so I need to try to wrap up my current work in that time.

So much to to do, so little time!

Tops, how's things with you?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

So excited for you Freein! Well deserved!

Thank you for the offer, I will need your support & soon. My life is so busy but I know I must make this priority.....with you Obo, nothing major just discontent & unhappy. Love you all.....see you soon. I'm fighting a cold so taking tomorrow off & will try to post & talk a bit.

Congratulations Free....big smiles here for you!
Old 10-12-2017, 11:19 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you're fighting a cold, Mariah. It's good that you're having a rest day tomorrow. Are you so busy that you're getting generally run down do you think? I hope you're fighting fit soon.
Colds can be brutal, I don't deal well with them at all.

I know I was really lucky to have been offered the job. I didn't do brilliantly with the interview questions, but all the work I had prepared for my portfolio was appreciated, and I think that's what swung it for me. I'll wait until I get the formal job offer in writing before I get too excited (well, actually that's a big fib, I'm too excited already!)

Friday morning here, the weekend starts tonight.....I'm in for the Bargain!

Take care all.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:43 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Administrator

me 2

D
Old 10-13-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

In for the bargain too.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:19 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Have things calmed down at home yet UP?

I've started back on my early morning exercise routine today - upper body strength training. It doesn't take long for my arms to weaken, I'll be aching later, but it feels good to get back in to it again.

I've let a lot of things lapse over the last few weeks, while I've been focusing on work, so this weekend I'll try to straighten the house out a bit, and maybe get out in the garden.

Hope everyone has a great start to the weekend.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Congrats free !!!

I'll bet they are equally excited to have you coming on board !

Decided the day after work to head up to Tenn. for several days before travelling to Florida for the wedding . We rented a small two BR house ( Air B&B ) and have 9 people here .
The wedding yesterday afternoon ( 6pm ) was delayed a bit by rain ,....since they had it on the beach .

My daughter , husband, 3 kids just left for some beach about 30 minutes from here,.... while I get a chance to relax here for a couple hours before we all go to some big saltwater aquarium for the afternoon.
It's a nice break ,...since I probably have so much time to myself day to day usually,....and may be easily susceptible to sensory overload more than a young active family on the go .
.... if that makes sense .

Inlanders never tire of the beach apparently . It's probably a small miracle there's any shells left to be found . ,....when I think of it .

Will be driving 8 hours N tomorrow back to South Carolina .

Obo,...Glad to hear you and Mariah are finding your way back here.

So does that mean you will be starting your new job sometime late November Free ?!? ....we have a major holiday here called * Thanksgiving * on the 4th Thursday in November .

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:27 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Congrats on the new job, Free! Hope you're enjoying your family, Top- although I completely understand the sensory overload thing. I go through that every.day.lol.

I had a few rough weeks here recently but I'm not going to give up. Even though I'm facing a lot of challenges, I have more to be thankful for and I don't want to screw that up.

Love my job. Im surprised, actually ... it's a lot of work and some of my kids push the limits every day but I enjoy the challenge and being back in the working world.

Great to see that our class is still alive and well.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

I guessed you must have been away, Tops. Glad to hear you're having such a great time with the family. I've decided to hand in my notice tomorrow, which means I should be able to start my new job in the second week of December (I have to work 8 weeks notice). It feels wonderful just having an end date.

Izzy, sorry to hear you've had a rough time recently. I hope things sort themselves out for you. It's great to see you check in to the team today! I've not played the piano for months - have you been inspired to do so yet?

I've visited my dad today, he's hoping to buy a mobility scooter, to help him outdoors. I'm fearful that he'll start "tinkering" with it and turn it into an 8 cylinder, turbo charged machine and start an old folks racing competition. The country lanes are dangerous enough without having an over-eighties formula one contingency breaking loose.

It's been really mild here, no central heating on yet - just the woodburner in the evening. Perhaps winter won't be so bad after all.

Take care everyone.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello Fools

I'm just putting along here. Things have been crazy but I am keeping my head down.
Did a LOT of physical labor trying to clear out the house here yesterday, I was sore but no major pain and felt the normal aches this morning. I consider that a win!
Also, today marks one year cigarette free!
Old 10-15-2017, 11:14 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Smoke free for a year, that's great stuff UP.
And it's wonderful to hear that your body is getting stronger. You must feel so encouraged by that.

We had some extraordinary thunder and lightning last night, the power must have gone off for a while because the clocks are all flashing 0:00
Luckily I don't need the alarm to wake up. We're expecting some high winds today, but hopefully nothing too disastrous.

Have a great start to the week all.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I have much to be thankful for here too & do t want to screw it up either.
I'm back on the bus here today....have made a call to a friend asking for a return call & some support. At work now, more later.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you posted Izzy & glad you are enjoying teaching.

Congratulations Up on 1 year smoke free....huge accomplishment!

You home from your road trip TS?

Glad you are here & posting Obo.......your not alone....I know the struggle well

Free......was your current supervisor a bit surprised when you gave notice? I bet that was a great feeling!

Well, here I am.........3 years after joining this site, years of battling this. I'm just trying to keep it easy right now.....no drinking, no beating myself up & reaching out for support. re-evaluating what I need to do to take care of myself & live a sober life. Have a good night/day all.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:29 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Well, I actually emailed the letter to her, Mariah. We don't work in the same area, so I couldn't give it to her personally. I did call her last week to let her know about the job, but she might not have expected my notice so soon. I just want to be in my new job before Christmas, and settled in before the new year if possible.

Keeping things easy is definitely the best way forward. I remember asking Dee in 2014, "what do I need to do"?....he said "do anything you like, just don't drink!" It worked for me.
Be easy on yourself, and say no to things that bring you down, and don't feel guilty about it. Make sobriety your first priority.......laser focus. You'll beat this, I have no doubt about that.

I expect I'll have an email back from my boss today, this could be an interesting day!

Take care all.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Well today marks a week sober. Had to bloody fight tooth and nail to get there. I'm in further than I thought. Memoreis, thoughts, images all tempting me to have another crack!

I'm not working at the moement. The school I was with has too many social, drug, bullying and abuse issues. I had to deal with four boys clearly high, then a suicidal 14 year old girl, in one class weeks ago.

Well that hit all of Obo's buttons. I had a go at the welfare officer, the head of year and then the Principal. Several local parents were happy about that. Something needed to be done. But I've over stepped the mark with the teachers. Too much too soon! Need a team to m ake change and I was on my own in that school. A more useless, pathetic, washed up and out of their depth group of teachers could not be found.

I've been going to anger management. It's been of some use. A very experienced therapist who has seen the likes of me before. But I can't help but feel the issues we discuss are all brought about by drinking. Bloody drinking. I still am amazed at the deceptive power it has over me and the depth to which it has entered my consciousness.

Thanks all for the well wishes.

Up sorry to hear of your loss. And a massive congratulations for a year off the smokes.

One day at a time for this little black duck.

I'm grateful for this group and really happy to see a few fools posting and checking in. What a relief to have a few friends in the world who understand.

It's bloody lonely in Australia when you're sober!

Old 10-18-2017, 12:11 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

That school doesn't sound a healthy place to be at all - for the pupils or the staff. What an incredibly difficult situation you were in. I don't think I could have handled that at all.

I'm so glad you're back on track now. Jobs can come and go but sobriety, for me anyway, is for life. I don't mean it's a life sentence, far from it, what I mean is that sobriety enables a healthy and meaningful life, a full life, sobriety is pro life.

Alcohol destroys life, slowly and miserably.

Not that I'm at all biased of course

Anyway, great work on breaking through Obo, it's good to have you back on the bus.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Your all doing great, wherever we are in this journey if we keep coming back here with the hope of what others here have found here.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:07 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I second that Mariah!

I had an email from my manager yesterday, letting me know that she's received my resignation letter. It was actually quite a thoughtful email, with some kind words. I should have something official soon, with a confirmed date for leaving, and also letting me know if I have any annual leave entitlement left (that would be great).

So I'm on work countdown now. I'm crossing off the days and weeks on my diary and calendar. It's so motivating having a finish line ahead.

Hope everyone's day goes well.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:33 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

End of the week coming up.....

I'm in for the Bargain!