Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 31

Old 09-02-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

My thoughts are with you & your Mom Free.
Your right to consider the new job carefully, there are other opportunities available to you!

as you may have guessed, I've been drinking.started before my "vacation" & although it has been pretty controlled & not all the time, I see it's potential to grab hold & just makes me generally unhappy.

Our Beautiful State has some 900 plus wildfires burning, two that are decestating fires & we are suffering badly from the smoke. I was out to water a bit ago & it is sickening to walk outside with temperatures rising again, we see this might go on for awhile & although we're glad we're not under water like our friends in Texas, we will be glad & praying (truly) for the rain to come.

Love to you Fools
Old 09-02-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Hi Mariah, great to see you post today.
I'm sorry to hear about the fires, that must be so frightening. I hope you get rain soon. Definitely a good time to stay sober with your wits about you.

Isn't it weird how alcohol has this way of pretending that it will make us happy, when it actually does the complete opposite. Very much like a psychopathic boyfriend (or girlfriend). The sooner we see through it the less likely we'll be to get hurt (physically, mentally and emotionally). Are you ready to kick that madman in to touch? We'll be right with you every step of the way.

You're right about that job, it doesn't feel like it would be a good move, and I'm actually in the process of applying for another one, closer to home. I'm much more excited about it, but probably less likely to get it, but no matter, I'll apply anyway.

I'm hoping still to go to London on Tuesday to see Eckhart Tolle, despite Mum being so ill. I think she would want me go, and I know it will help me emotionally.

Still having to take one day at a time, it's not really possible to make any plans at the moment.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:31 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

it's been crazy here!

first year as a teacher is more than what I had bargained for but I am still enjoying the job ...

the storm hit a lot of people I know but we are way further inland ... so feeling thankful ...

love to the fools ... in for the bargain !
Old 09-02-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you get rain soon Mariah - I also hope you decide to join us again soon too. There's nothing in drinking worth a damn.

Hi Izzy

D
Old 09-02-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

((( Free )))

Started using some salvage brick that are various sizes for a paver-like border around the shop where the rain falls off the roof's edge and splashes dirt on the lower siding . Legs are pretty sore from only the first two days .

Not much to report down here,..... nice folks checking in to the resort tonight ,.....

We used to have a lady working here years ago who worried herself silly for days on end at the first mention of a storm brewing off the coast of Africa during hurricane season.

Well, don't ya know she has a replacement now ! She's obsessed with "Irma" the last three days.

Have no clue why any hurricane would really effect either of them because they can just pack up their car and evacuate early ,.... right out of their rental apartments !!?

I suspect they may need some excitement ,....maybe take up jogging, or something .

The thunder sounds pretty ominous tonight . A little like the seasonal war games over at the Marine Boot Camp across the Calibogue Sound .
Old 09-02-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post

You're right about that job, it doesn't feel like it would be a good move, and I'm actually in the process of applying for another one, closer to home. I'm much more excited about it, but probably less likely to get it, but no matter, I'll apply anyway.

Sounds pretty darn encouraging Freein !
( closer to home is always a bonus )

Thank goodness you can determine what's what these days .
Old 09-03-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Reclaimed bricks make great paving, Tops. I bet that will look lovely and rustic!

What is happening with this weather?

It's curious that the weather has been a bit odd since Tops stopped using his air conditioning - I think there could be a link!!

I've just picked some carrots for dinner, I'm so impressed with the harvest from my raised beds, I'll definitely do the same next year.

Hope everyone enjoys what's left of the weekend.
(Mariah, just want to echo Dee's suggestion that you join us again soon..)
Old 09-04-2017, 12:21 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Mum passed away over night last night.
It's a very sad time, but also a release for her from the suffering she's endured over such a long time. I can start to remember her as she was, a loving, vibrant and generous soul, loved by so many.

Thank you all for the support you've given me recently, it has helped so much.
Love to you all.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss Free
Old 09-04-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thoughts of Love to you Free
Old 09-04-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Freein, but I'm glad your mums at peace now.

D
Old 09-04-2017, 11:23 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Thank you all, I appreciate your thoughtfulness very much.

It was a tough day yesterday - but Dad and I did manage to sort out quite a lot for Mum. We can't do any more until we've registered her death on Thursday.

I'm travelling to London today to see Eckhart. My brother is coming down to stay with dad over the next 2 days, so he won't be on his own thank goodness.
I have to say, my brother has been amazing over these last few weeks. He's not really what you'd call a "family" person (we hardly see him from one year to the next), but he's really been a great support over these last two or three weeks.
I'm only away for one night, I'll be back tomorrow.
I shall tell you all about my Eckhart experience!

Take care everyone.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

That's good news about your brother coming down ,...and you're still able to see Eckhart tonight ! ,.... safe travels Free ,
Old 09-06-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Back home now. That day went by so quickly, just a blink then I'm back! I would have loved to have stayed longer. What a beautiful soul Eckhart seems to be. He spoke for over 2 hours, and it seemed like just 10 minutes. I'm so glad I went. I stayed in a hotel about 5 minutes walk from the Royal Festival Hall. I had a great view of London from my room - the London Eye, houses of parliament, the Thames, and Big Ben.

I haven't phoned my Dad yet, I need to eat first.

Hope all's well.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Sounds like a wonderful experience in London Free !

There is a building sense of excitement going on around here now ,.... mixed with plenty of doom and gloom scenarios with the big storm heading up this direction .

Kind of wish the last hurricane wasn't quite so fresh in my memory !?

The pavers are looking pretty good anyway .

....thank goodness for sobriety ,.....days of hurricane preparation wouldn't mix very well with a boozy mind .
Old 09-07-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, Tops, I hope it dies down soon. My thoughts are with all those who have already been effected, and I pray it doesn't hit your area too.

I can't imagine how frightening a hurricane must be.
Above else, stay safe.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:28 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Oh goodness ,...things are lookin' a whole lot better !

This latest path shows it splitting Fl. ,....without going back out East to the ocean.
https://twitter.com/NHC_Atlantic/sta...h-florida.html

I'm just N of the Ga./ S.C. state line on the ocean . The forecast shows possible hurricane conditions only Monday . Possible tropical storm conditions Sun. night & Monday night . Sweet !!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2017, 11:20 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

That still sounds troublesome Tops... you're very hardy folk out there!

Hopefully there will be no damage done.
I think I might stop complaining about the weather from now on. Isn't it strange how we Brits have a reputation for "weather complaining" when we seem to have the least extreme weather conditions! It's not very admirable is it?

I'm working from home today, I have so much to catch up on at work and home. It's good to keep busy I suppose.

Take care all.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Be safe TS!

Thinking of you Free
Old 09-08-2017, 05:16 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm sorry for your loss free.

I've been going through a rough time here. My step mother has COPD and breast cancer. She waited until the last minute to get treatment. I'm trying to give her all the support I can, but everyone else here is driving me insane. I am really considering bailing on mom just to get me out of this toxic environment.

I hope you give sobriety another chance Mariah.

Stay safe tops.

Hi Dee and izzy