SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of October 2014 Part 39 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/411880-class-october-2014-part-39-a.html)

Dee74 07-06-2017 06:40 PM

Take care of yourself Leigh :)

D

Briar 07-06-2017 08:09 PM

Thanks for the support, guys. My friend's blood test came back normal, so we have no answers. They are going to try reducing the medication she's on to see if her symptoms are side effects. If that doesn't help in a couple weeks, she'll need an MRI. Two weeks is a long time to wait. She is such a strong, independent person, so this is really hard for her.

Anyway, I watched "The Secret" on Netflix yesterday. It's sort of an inspirational self help documentary type thing. A little cheesy, but good food for thought. It's about being positive and how what you want will come to you if you manifest it by believing in it.

I got myself a gratitude rock, which is part of the whole Secret thing. It's helping me already. Look up gratitude rock on google and youtube, and get one! I'd explain it myself, but my kid is dangling from my neck right now...

Briar 07-06-2017 10:58 PM

I'm back without a kid literally tethering me. The rock thing is that you find a small rock, any old rock or a special one, or really anything you like. Then you keep it with you or someplace where you'll see it every day. Any time you look at it, you think of something you're grateful for. It prompts you to do a gratitude practice that's really simple. After a while, you'll find that just looking at the rock makes you feel happy because you associate it with all the good stuff you've got going on.

I was processing The Secret as I was leaving my friends apartment yesterday after helping her. It was a hard day, so I was trying to be positive, and I thought I'd like to try the gratitude rock idea. I looked down and there, half buried in the dirt, was one of those pretty little glass flat marble type things you put in a fish tank. I picked it up, cleaned it off, and boom! Gratitude rock!

It has already forced me to think positive a few times today when I was in a foul mood. I recommend you give it a try.

SoberLeigh 07-07-2017 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6527619)
Take care of yourself Leigh :)

D

I am, thanks Dee. Getting as much rest as I can and trying to stay hydrated. :)

This is a bad flare-up.

SoberLeigh 07-07-2017 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Briar (Post 6527006)
I hope you feel better soon Leigh. :Flower:

Thanks, Briar :)

SoberLeigh 07-07-2017 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mark1014 (Post 6527465)
Your friend's situation is alarming Briar. Great that you could help her out.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well Leigh. Maybe today was the worst of it.

Speaking of recovering....you'll be doing so next week at this time right phoebe? What a relief it'll be to get that behind you and then start experiencing the beneficial results. I understand the dread though, so a big ol hug for you.

Hopefully today is the worst of it :( :scared:

Thanks, Mark :)

SoberLeigh 07-07-2017 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Conquest (Post 6527608)
So sorry to hear, Leigh! Rest up! :hug:

And you're a beautiful friend, Briar. Sending well wishes for your friend tonight!

JR is running fever so we're all down for the count tonight. Summer colds just stink!

Gnight all :grouphug:

Resting, hydrating and sleeping!!!!!! :hug: to you, Conquest.

SoberLeigh 07-07-2017 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Briar (Post 6527703)
Thanks for the support, guys. My friend's blood test came back normal, so we have no answers. They are going to try reducing the medication she's on to see if her symptoms are side effects. If that doesn't help in a couple weeks, she'll need an MRI. Two weeks is a long time to wait. She is such a strong, independent person, so this is really hard for her.

Anyway, I watched "The Secret" on Netflix yesterday. It's sort of an inspirational self help documentary type thing. A little cheesy, but good food for thought. It's about being positive and how what you want will come to you if you manifest it by believing in it.

I got myself a gratitude rock, which is part of the whole Secret thing. It's helping me already. Look up gratitude rock on google and youtube, and get one! I'd explain it myself, but my kid is dangling from my neck right now...

Prayers continue for your friend, Briar. Normal blood work is a good sign, I think.

Love,the idea of a gratitude rock.

SoberLeigh 07-07-2017 09:57 AM

❤️ Love ❤️ and Peace to the Octsobers

SoberLeigh 07-07-2017 09:57 AM

Back to bed.

I've sipped about a quart of Pedialyte during my SR time :lmao

Arbor 07-07-2017 10:36 AM

Sorry your not feeling well, Leigh. Rest up my friend. :)

Conquest 07-07-2017 11:18 AM

I love it, Briar! And how cool that it happened to show up at just the right moment!

Keep the fluids going, Leigh. We're doing the same here. Jr's Fever seems to have passed but the sniffles had made their way all around the house. Bleh. Pass the tissues

Mark1014 07-07-2017 04:24 PM

Hi all. TGIF and a handful of vitamin C all around.

A nearby thunderstorm has stirred the breeze and cooled things a little making it relatively pleasant out. I may light the tikis and go for a swim before shower time.

Today is my 26th wedding anniversary. Hard to believe. The girls are away visiting family so I've the house to myself again but I don't mind.

I hope the weekend is good to everyone. :)

SoberLeigh 07-07-2017 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mark1014 (Post 6528778)
Hi all. TGIF and a handful of vitamin C all around.

A nearby thunderstorm has stirred the breeze and cooled things a little making it relatively pleasant out. I may light the tikis and go for a swim before shower time.

Today is my 26th wedding anniversary. Hard to believe. The girls are away visiting family so I've the house to myself again but I don't mind.

I hope the weekend is good to everyone. :)

:bbj:

Happy Anniversary,

Mr. & Mrs. Mark

:bbj:

SoberLeigh 07-07-2017 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Conquest (Post 6528483)
I love it, Briar! And how cool that it happened to show up at just the right moment!

Keep the fluids going, Leigh. We're doing the same here. Jr's Fever seems to have passed but the sniffles had made their way all around the house. Bleh. Pass the tissues

Feel better to all the Conquests!!!! :)

SoberLeigh 07-07-2017 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Arbor (Post 6528435)
Sorry your not feeling well, Leigh. Rest up my friend. :)

Thanks, Arbor.

Spent most of the day in bed.

SoberLeigh 07-07-2017 07:33 PM

Goodnight, all.

Back to bed.

Dee74 07-07-2017 07:46 PM

Rest up Leigh - get well soon you too Conquest and family :)
Congratulations Mark :)

Hi Arbor and Briar :wavey:

D

Conquest 07-07-2017 09:00 PM

Happy anniversary Mark and wifey! 26 years is awesome!

And thanks for the well wishes. After some allergy meds, I'm feeling much better and the kiddo seems back to his chipper, chatty self tonight.

Hopefully, everyone is feeling much better tomorrow!

And Briar, I'm on a mission to find a particular rock that my mother gave to me a couple of years ago for that exact purpose. It's here somewhere and definitely needs to come out of hiding.

Gnight all!
:grouphug:

Arbor 07-08-2017 05:09 AM

Yes, Happy Anniversary to Mr. And Mrs. Mark! :c011: