Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 262

Old 06-27-2017, 10:46 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
(((Red))) I'm kind of starting to think there's something about this 2 month mark. I've seen a lot of it about me included. I think we're really starting to live life as it is warts and all and it's comes as a bit of an overwhelming shock. Ive had to do some kind of emergency recovery plan work this week as I was lost and upset and actually angry. Also I don't know about you but I'm also having to face myself as a person who's papered over the cracks with wine for 15 years. I'm not keen on her yet but I have to trust that with a plan and with sobriety and with TIME this will improve.
I'm going to tell you something now. I've not really got one true friend. Out there in the real world I mean. I've 2 beautiful daughters, a lovely family and caring boyfriend so I'm very lucky don't get me wrong. But friends? No. The L in HALT at times is an issue for me.
Sorry for rambling I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in this journey. If it was easy we wouldn't be here. Being scared and tired and anxious and confused and angry are all part of the process I think.
You inspire me Red just like many others here I hope you find some way of finding a little more peace soon ❤❤❤
The wonderful thing is you have many wonderful friends here, who truly care about you.❤️
Old 06-27-2017, 10:47 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the motivational messages and pearls of wisdom sprinkled in post after post after post. You guys are amazing.

Felt sad when I woke up. My dad must have visited me in my dream because for the first few seconds after waking, I thought he was still alive. I miss him so much. He was so funny and clever and kind. In lots of ways he was the best person I've ever known. I hate alcohol for taking him away. I wish I'd recovered and found SR sooner so I could have introduced it to him. At least he's free from alcohol now.

Sorry to be so downbeat. It's 6.45am in the UK and I'm going to miss my dad for a few more minutes and then dry my eyes before the kids get up and look forward to another happy and sober day. It's good that my grief and alcohol are no longer friends. It means I welcome my grief when it visits, I stay with it for a while and then I get on with my day. Alcohol used to make it linger because I used my grief as a reason to drink. Sorry this is going on a bit. Just helps so much to write it down.

Congratulations everyone celebrating milestones. Wishing everyone a great day xxx
Old 06-27-2017, 10:48 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Mr

07h47 Toulouse.
In for 24 hours.
Vinny.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:52 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
Hi all,
Just checking in for my next 24. My sweet Ken had a sad day at work today. We've talked so many times about how really, truly grateful we are that we are sober and in recovery. Our parents aging and dying is heartbreaking. It's an emotional experience (s), but thank our HP's we are HERE. You know what I mean? Sigh ....
Hugs to each of you tonight,
Bobbi
Sending lots of love to you and Ken.❤️
Old 06-27-2017, 10:55 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Thanks for all the motivational messages and pearls of wisdom sprinkled in post after post after post. You guys are amazing.

Felt sad when I woke up. My dad must have visited me in my dream because for the first few seconds after waking, I thought he was still alive. I miss him so much. He was so funny and clever and kind. In lots of ways he was the best person I've ever known. I hate alcohol for taking him away. I wish I'd recovered and found SR sooner so I could have introduced it to him. At least he's free from alcohol now.

Sorry to be so downbeat. It's 6.45am in the UK and I'm going to miss my dad for a few more minutes and then dry my eyes before the kids get up and look forward to another happy and sober day. It's good that my grief and alcohol are no longer friends. It means I welcome my grief when it visits, I stay with it for a while and then I get on with my day. Alcohol used to make it linger because I used my grief as a reason to drink. Sorry this is going on a bit. Just helps so much to write it down.

Congratulations everyone celebrating milestones. Wishing everyone a great day xxx
I'm so sorry Kenton, losing a parent is very difficult. I lost my dad when he was 68. He was a wonderful guy, he loved his family, and he worked hard, however, he loved alcohol just as much. He had lots of health issues at the end, but the alcohol was what caused most of them. Try to remember the great things about your dad, and know he is proud of you for your sobriety.

❤️Delilah
Old 06-27-2017, 11:09 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Keep Going

7:04 am in UK
I'm going to use these 24 hours to work on my puny faith.

I miss my father too.
Drinking's not gonna help me with that.

Onwards and upwards to glory guys ❤️
Old 06-27-2017, 11:16 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 06-27-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I'm so sorry Kenton, losing a parent is very difficult. I lost my dad when he was 68. He was a wonderful guy, he loved his family, and he worked hard, however, he loved alcohol just as much. He had lots of health issues at the end, but the alcohol was what caused most of them. Try to remember the great things about your dad, and know he is proud of you for your sobriety.

❤️Delilah
Thanks Delilah, I'm sorry for your loss too.

I love the people here. Thank you xxx
Old 06-27-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Another 24 hours , 7.53am
Old 06-27-2017, 11:58 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Toots in for 24 more please
Old 06-28-2017, 12:20 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Good morning all. 24 hours of sobriety for me please. I'm so grateful for all of you guys thank you for being here ❤❤❤
Old 06-28-2017, 12:51 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
The wonderful thing is you have many wonderful friends here, who truly care about you.❤️
Thank you Delilah that is very true and I am lucky to have you all ❤❤❤
Old 06-28-2017, 02:26 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 06-28-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

24 more please

Thanks
Old 06-28-2017, 03:04 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Yep, I'm In!
Old 06-28-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:27 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

11:33am...24 more please...Love to All
Old 06-28-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post

I can only imagine the pain you are feeling- I'm so sorry you are going through this. Your words about grief and alcohol were beautiful. I hope each passing day brings more strength and healing to you.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

8 weeks

8 weeks ago today I made the most important choice of my life. I beg with all the love in my heart that I never ever go back to that place. The pain, the endless need for MORE,
the madness, the disregard for life and for myself. Never, ever again.

Sending love and positive vibes through the Universe. We are all such lucky people to have committed ourselves to being the best versions of ourselves possible.

I commit to another 24 hours of freedom.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Well done Sunflower with you all the way