Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 262

Old 06-27-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Hi, it's me again. Another day done, sober. It's a good day, even though it seems like everything is going south.

Thank you Efra and Leigh and Giving and Kris and everyone for your encouragement. Giving, you will find work soon, I am sure.

I can make a job change. I have a decent job money-wise, and actual work-wise--it is the environment. I can work for a smaller entity, or solo so I can help reverse some blood pressure and insomnia issues . I don't absolutely have to stay in a massive, very noisy open office doing database and server work indefinitely., right. They have databases and servers in other places, or you can work remotely. I need to get ready .

I will stay hopeful and not let a temporary situation get me down. I have lots to focus on that is good.

Thanks again

Red
Get out and go for a walk, a meeting, the zoo or museum. Do something when this feeling hits. Call me.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Hi, it's me again. Another day done, sober. It's a good day, even though it seems like everything is going south.

Thank you Efra and Leigh and Giving and Kris and everyone for your encouragement. Giving, you will find work soon, I am sure.

I can make a job change. I have a decent job money-wise, and actual work-wise--it is the environment. I can work for a smaller entity, or solo so I can help reverse some blood pressure and insomnia issues . I don't absolutely have to stay in a massive, very noisy open office doing database and server work indefinitely., right. They have databases and servers in other places, or you can work remotely. I need to get ready .

I will stay hopeful and not let a temporary situation get me down. I have lots to focus on that is good.

Thanks again

Red
(((Red))) I'm kind of starting to think there's something about this 2 month mark. I've seen a lot of it about me included. I think we're really starting to live life as it is warts and all and it's comes as a bit of an overwhelming shock. Ive had to do some kind of emergency recovery plan work this week as I was lost and upset and actually angry. Also I don't know about you but I'm also having to face myself as a person who's papered over the cracks with wine for 15 years. I'm not keen on her yet but I have to trust that with a plan and with sobriety and with TIME this will improve.
I'm going to tell you something now. I've not really got one true friend. Out there in the real world I mean. I've 2 beautiful daughters, a lovely family and caring boyfriend so I'm very lucky don't get me wrong. But friends? No. The L in HALT at times is an issue for me.
Sorry for rambling I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in this journey. If it was easy we wouldn't be here. Being scared and tired and anxious and confused and angry are all part of the process I think.
You inspire me Red just like many others here I hope you find some way of finding a little more peace soon ❤❤❤
Old 06-27-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Who me?
Yes...to the cookies. ;-)
Old 06-27-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
orangutan

24 please
Old 06-27-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24 hours. A good 24 hours have past with some hard runs and reflections.

I've been reading the posts of late with some folks struggling. FWIW, my personal experience (so far!) is the sober path is a deliberate journey I undertook. Its a long journey that has good, bad and unexpected experiences. A key aspect I have learned is to be patient and have no expectations.
One can plan for the future, reflect on the past but one can only live in the present.

Every day is new.

Every day unfolds with new opportunities.

Let go of expectations. You will be in for some very pleasant surprises

Congrats to all the milestoners. *****, way to go !

Another 24 hours of well being, loving kindness and sobriety pls ! Its 8:36am here !
Old 06-27-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Thanks again

Red
Hi Red, I'm glad you are feeling a little more hopeful. I know making changes isn't easy, but I'm sure it's good to know you have options. Thank you for the encouragement, too. Hugs to you and I mean them sincerely, virtual or not.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
(((Red))) I'm kind of starting to think there's something about this 2 month mark. I've seen a lot of it about me included. I think we're really starting to live life as it is warts and all and it's comes as a bit of an overwhelming shock. Ive had to do some kind of emergency recovery plan work this week as I was lost and upset and actually angry. Also I don't know about you but I'm also having to face myself as a person who's papered over the cracks with wine for 15 years. I'm not keen on her yet but I have to trust that with a plan and with sobriety and with TIME this will improve.
I'm going to tell you something now. I've not really got one true friend. Out there in the real world I mean. I've 2 beautiful daughters, a lovely family and caring boyfriend so I'm very lucky don't get me wrong. But friends? No. The L in HALT at times is an issue for me.
Sorry for rambling I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in this journey. If it was easy we wouldn't be here. Being scared and tired and anxious and confused and angry are all part of the process I think.
You inspire me Red just like many others here I hope you find some way of finding a little more peace soon ❤❤❤
Thanks so much, Jo. That is exactly it. I am shocked at some things I used to numb out, and now the changes I need to make are pretty big. I am all full of fear so really that is the first thing--just be brave enough not to pick up, and start taking steps. Small ones. Am isolated and sick of that so I am going to get closer to people. I found out I am not a loner--not an extrovert but like being around others. Alcohol is the loneliest, saddest thing in reality. Though I told myself I was socializing I was actually much more cut off.

Thank you so much. Please message any time. We are headed for easier times, but have this wonderful group of friends here to help us through. I want to start helping others too. Love sober life too much. A day like this is still better than any day drinking.

xx.

Red
Old 06-27-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Hey Givingup54

I am going through a similar experience to you. I am also in my 50s. Its hard. What I have learnt is to not give up. Persevere, persevere, persevere. It may take a long time but opportunities will arise. Be patient !
Old 06-27-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Celebration time!

Serving a Four Layer Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting for our awesome celebrants today. They are Badger with 3 Terrific Weeks, Neoo with Five Fantastic Months, Venuscat with 2 Beautiful Years and 8 Months and 1new with a Fabuous Four Years and 10 Months!!!! Awesome Job Guys!

and Bananna Ice Cream!

Old 06-27-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

24 please
Love Tink ❤
Old 06-27-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Hey Givingup54

I am going through a similar experience to you. I am also in my 50s. Its hard. What I have learnt is to not give up. Persevere, persevere, persevere. It may take a long time but opportunities will arise. Be patient !
Thank you Kaneda! I appreciate the support so much. I know things will work out when the time is right. I'm sorry to hear you're having a similar experience. Persevere is right, perfect word! Thank you again and I pray things work out for you, too!
Old 06-27-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

24 more please, Dear God.

Sweet Sober Dreams Dear Ones.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Good afternoon, Weev!!!!!
"And Good Evening to you, SoberLeigh", Weev said tentatively - having very little idea where the sunlight went when it left the UK. Australia seems to have it most of the time.
Googling time zones hasn't helped!!!
💜💜💜
Old 06-27-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

I am really down today. I need to stop counting days because I don't have enough. Two months is nothing. It feels like so much longer. There is so much to do--I just feel lost and worried that I won't be able to put my life back together as fast as I need to. I need to find a new job and new friendships--I am alone. It's just one of those days where it feels like too much but I will not drink. I may not see any hope but it's there.
Two months is everything. It is day after day after day sober.
60 days is fantastic.....60 days is a miracle I never ever believed could achieve when I started this journey.

Everything that we have to do and want to do starts here. With this.

As for fast....I know that feeling. I know how scary it can be to see how much there is to do. But you only want to do all of this because of those amazing 60 days that you have worked so hard for.

It will all come....perhaps not in the timeframe that you had in mind, but that's part of the process. Learning to be patient. Learning that it is not all in our hands. But it IS all possible, and it will happen. You need to stay strong and believe.

It's going to be OK.

So much love.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Congratulations, my love, on an amazing 2 years and 8 months of sobriety!

Congrats as well to Badger, Neo and 1new! Y'all are awesome!
Old 06-27-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Get out and go for a walk, a meeting, the zoo or museum. Do something when this feeling hits. Call me.
Thank you Kris. I went right back to work. Not ideal, but I hardly have any time to fret which is probably good. I did a bit of housework and wrote to several sober friends this evening, and just tried to slow down. Things will be much better soon. Maybe I won't have to leave my job, maybe I will. I know I don't have to do it today while I need to work on my sobriety, health and friendships first. I have a couple of months, maybe more to go before I can take on something like that. If I need to take leave to get my health straightened out I will do that.

thank you my friend, Have a great night and I hope your husband is doing better and that you are feeling better. I know it's been hard for you lately and we are here for you, dear Kris!

xx
Red
Old 06-27-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Two months is everything. It is day after day after day sober.
60 days is fantastic.....60 days is a miracle I never ever believed could achieve when I started this journey.

Everything that we have to do and want to do starts here. With this.

As for fast....I know that feeling. I know how scary it can be to see how much there is to do. But you only want to do all of this because of those amazing 60 days that you have worked so hard for.

It will all come....perhaps not in the timeframe that you had in mind, but that's part of the process. Learning to be patient. Learning that it is not all in our hands. But it IS all possible, and it will happen. You need to stay strong and believe.

It's going to be OK.

So much love.
thank you Venus! Crazy hard in the beginning but it's worth it. Just need to be around others more...sober, healthy people. I may avoid my old drinking friend for a while until I am stronger. I think it reminded me of being stuck and sad, and soon I felt that way. She is still drinking a lot, and may quit one day but it's not good for me to be around that any more. Not when I have good friends here and IRL.

Love back, have a great night

Red
Old 06-27-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Dear Giving up,

We will have great lives sober. Jobs will change, relationships change for the better..it's just scary and so slow it's hard to notice. I would like to make some major changes and I am, I just don't see it yet. I started school and a new career as a sober woman in 2007 and was sober 6 years. Slowly, things began to unravel. I got stuck in a less than good environment due to a reorganization--nothing about me but I wasn't able to take action while I was beginning to drink again. Today I am sober and will get back to being able to change my circumstances again. Alcohol always, always kept me stuck with less than I could have sober. Sometimes it was a bad relationship, or a bad job...but there was always that stuck feeling. How wonderful that we are free now and have the means to change. I know other alcoholics are 'functional' or whatever, but I was never one of those. If I could scrape by I was doing great. No more! It will take time but I will make a good life again. I have such wonderful friends to help me, and I can do things for others. It's awesome.

Hugs,

red
Old 06-27-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Efra,

thank you for your beautiful post to me. It is so nice to have this place to come to where people understand the hurt, and the way out of that hurt. I really do need to have more faith, and stop struggling so much. It's hard to slow down but sometimes it's what we need to do.

Sending hugs and many thanks,

Red
Old 06-27-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

8:15 pm and I'm ALL in.
Congratulations to the fabulous Milestoners!!

So many heartfelt and insightful posts to catch up on. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs, peace, strength and love to all....xxxx