Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 10

Old 09-06-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Thank you Elke for your lovely kind words of encouragement. You're so lovely ❤❤❤
Old 09-06-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Elke & Jo- Just wanted to pop back in and thank you kind sweet ladies for talking me off the ledge I'm out of immediate danger of drinking with my sobriety intact. Think I will be heading to bed early to stay out of trouble. I don't trust myself at all these days.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

and - seems like a few of these needed in here today xxx
Old 09-07-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

That's all I've got. I'm the comic relief guy, never been good in a crisis. I hope today is a better day for everyone...

...still, it was inspiring to watch real-time support happening here; this website does some pretty awesome work.

Again,

Old 09-07-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Still no money in the work bank. Spoke to the boss today and he is going to call the bank today. Thats good at least he's doing something.
Day off tomorrow. I'll do a bit of work preparing for when I can start paying people again then it's my yoga class at 12.30.
I'm worrying about my liver again. Aches in that area seem to have resurfaced. I just can't face getting it checked. Not right now. Although when will I be ready? Will it confirm my fears or be a relief? I wanted to have 3 months under my belt before I got bloods done (did get to that but drank about a week later). So I really do need to commit to going when I got my 100 days again. Don't ask me why I need to wait it's just a thing I've got going on in my head. I guess I want to have some healing time behind me and be stronger in my sobriety before any potential bad news. Ooh I'm a pessimist aren't I? Just can't believe I've come out of this abuse of my body without issues. But at least 2 good things have changed.
1) I am sober and my resolve is getting stronger. I genuinely want to remain sober more than I want to drink
2) I am vaping instead of smoking. Surely that's good too right?

Trying again to eat better. My bed time snack last night was carrot sticks. Yes carrot sticks! I'm hoping that if I cut down on salty sugary fatty stuff that'll help the old liver too. Plus making sure I don't forget my AD, multivitamin and drink more water.

What do you guys think? Progress? Ugh I don't know I just feel selfish wanting one more miracle that I've not got something really nasty wrong with me........

Oops kind of long post sorry!

Have a great day all and Sim if you get an AV attack come tell on it here ❤❤❤
Old 09-07-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hey Sim, well done, I hope you're proud of yourself for sticking it, well done :-).

Oh Jo, I finished off a piece of lemon cheese cake while reading about your carrot stick. You are good girl!

Check out theliverdoctor.com this is pretty good. I think Milk thistle helps the liver. You can get tablets in health food shops.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

sorry lost my message.... wanted to say
Jo, try reflexology, there are pressure points in your hands and feet. It's very good. You're not selffish at all for wanting to be healthy, you're working hard for it and you deserve it. Try to think positive, you'll be fine.

Hey Arp, do you know where Brits go to 'spend a penny'?
And do you know what forty winks are?

Friday tomorrow, nice and sober for us all X
Old 09-07-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Lemon cheesecake........mmmmmmm!!!!!!
Ooh I bet that's lush!
Just going to try some little changes for now and see how it goes. I'm pretty tired tonight think lights out early instead of being glued to my phone. A good night's sleep is what I think I need.
Night night sweetie pies
Old 09-07-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your fears won;t come to pass jo.

I'm glad to see you here sim
you too Elke Arp and Caramel

d
Old 09-08-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Friday night again! Girls have just gone to their dad's so it's pretty quiet round here!
Had a nice yoga session at lunch time. The aches are still there but I'm okay and keeping to my promise of blood work at 100 days.
Got some money in at work!!!!!! Not the big debtor but enough to keep the wolves away for a week or so. I've got enough work done today so I don't need to do any more until Monday which is great.
Again I'm going to try and resist sugary treats tonight. I think feeding my pleasure receptors every day aren't great new habits so it's herbal tea tonight.
Off to the cinema tomorrow see the new version of Stephen Kings It !!!! Should be good for a laugh!
Hope everyone is well. I'll be hovering around these parts for a bit tonight so if anyone fancies a chat.......
Old 09-08-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

It was a long day for me, 9pm and now I finish, ready to go on the road early tomorrow. Although I'll be working next week, it's a bit like a holiday for me, no food shopping, no cooking, no washing mum is still the best.

Jo, I'm with you on the healthy eating now, you're inspiring me, thank you dear X. I used to love scarry movies, hope you'll enjoy this one Jo, please let me know how it was.

Sim, I can see you online, hope you're ok today, thinking of you sweetheart X

Wishing everyone a great and sober weekend.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Awwww.......nothing beats being looked after by our mums! I hope you have a lovely time Elke!
Yep I'll let you know what the movie is like. The trailors have been creepy enough!
Sounds like an early night for you Elke. Safe travels tomorrow ❤❤❤
Old 09-09-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

No matter where we live, I think I'm safe in wishing you all a good weekend...time zones hurt my little brain...

Jo wrote some words that really resonated with me: feeding my pleasure receptors every day. Hoo boy, that's really becoming an issue here at Chez Arp. At six months sober, I am surely as addicted to sugar and bad carbs as I ever was to alcohol. Throw in pots of strong coffee to wash down all the filtered cigars I chain smoke (a third the price of cigarettes, because taxes), and I'm feeling like the poster child for how not to stay sober.

So I totally get the morbid health concern thing, dear Jo! At 56, I'm looking at obituaries and anticipating my early demise, wondering where my heart attack will occur: on the highway while driving (take innocent people out with me?); in the shower (how long before I'm found with the water still running?) Such happy thoughts running through my head every day...it's really bad karma to obsess over your own death!

Anyway, sorry for the creepy peek inside my warped mind; today I will do something good for me. I might also nap, but I will do one thing that's positive.

At least I don't live in Florida. (Tootiesdad, please check in soon with a weather forecast!)

Peace and love and stuff,
Arp
Old 09-09-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I'm glad I'm not the only one that imagines how I may die I always worry I'll drop dead on the treadmill and it'll keep running (because I never wear the safety shut off lanyard) and by the time i'm found half my face will be worn away.....it'll be a closed casket. My husband said if this ever happens he will start the Simplicity Lanyard Foundation in my memory to help those injured on treadmills and support the families of those who lost their lives due to stupidity....so I'll have a legacy at least.
I've officially decided my family is completely whacked. Eldest son is now at my mom's house again. What in the actual *&^% is going on in these people's heads? It's like living on the planet of "Nothing Makes Sense Anymore". End rant.
Safe travels Elke!
Jo-previews for It look super creepy! Enjoy!
Old 09-10-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Arp I can't claim that as my own I was reading another thread where someone was describing his addictive behaviour with or without alcohol and it really spoke to me. Somehow we can't just seem to "be" without feeding that greedy pleasure seeking part of our brain. Whether it's sugar, caffeine, nicotine, Netflix binges, social media etc etc.......it's the same behaviour. "Treats treats......gimme them!"
So recognising it is one thing. Addressing it is another whole kettle of fish. I am a bit of an all or nothing type (aren't we all?) and part of me thinks "cut it all out" but I know if I do that I'll end up on a fast / binge cycle. So making better decisions bit by bit seems more sensible. Let's see how it goes!
Gosh I didn't realise that we all have a bit of an obsession about our own mortality. My dark thoughts about cirrhosis, cancer etc are pretty strong at the minute. I monitor my bathroom habits like a woman possessed!!!! I mean number 1s and number 2s!!!!! Haha I've overshared I can tell! Of course getting checked out would be the sensible thing but no way not yet. I just couldn't cope with it right now.
So like I said before. Stay off the booze, stay off the fags, take my ADs, up the fruit and veg, keep going to yoga, stick around here and read plenty of good recovery stuff. That's all I've got gang!
Lots of love sweetie pies!
Old 09-10-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Oh and just one last thing. "It" was a bit of a disappointment. Not nearly scary enough! Plus it looks like it'll end up being bled dry for sequal after sequal. Oh well the cake from Costa was yummy!
Old 09-10-2017, 03:24 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Dammit, I figured "It" would be a letdown, that sucks; they just can't make good scary movies anymore. I'm old enough that I saw "Carrie" brand new, in a theater, still in high school; that last jump scene in the cemetery literally took me off my seat!

Sim, I'd like to thank you for giving me a perfect excuse for staying away from treadmills forever...the visual of a worn-off face is priceless, and now firmly embedded in my mind...

As for our bad habits: I do believe small steps are key; I wonder if "fix everything right now" is part of our alkie brain, because I certainly suffer from it, too. My first steps will be quite literal: I need to walk around the block, just once! I no longer have hot and humid weather to use as an excuse; this is actually my favorite time of year. And since I can't buy a treadmill now...

A good and sober Sunday to all my little Mayfly friends! Let's not drink today!
Old 09-10-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll stick with the 80s miniseries for now

Old 09-10-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Ugh Dee! Creepy as......
Yep that version was better!
Old 09-10-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

I second Arp's dammit! Can't tell ya the last really scary movie I saw. Some jackhole in a local town hung a bunch of red balloons all over the place and freaked a lot of people out. It actually made the local news......not much happens here.