Notices

Class of March 2016 part 52

Old 06-28-2017, 07:25 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dangit, KiKi. I had just edited that post you quoted to make it disappear. Didn't think you'd catch up that quick.

No 10,000 post contest. Any more contests will be based on sobriety not post counts, I think. Kinda like my old one with Bobbieka where I let her design me a new avatar when she got to day 146, besting my "old" sobriety length record.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Goodnight BBG!

No BBT for me, but I'm about to watch the season finales of Silicon Valley and Veep. I'm off work tomorrow so might put in an old movie after that. Or play a video game. Or I might just go to bed. Or I might just keep posting in here like a madman. Just in case it's the sleep option--thanks to all of you for keeping me sober one more day.

Last contest update for the day. It's still Applekat in the lead until 1:31 am when our sober neighbor to the north Samantha14 will take over until 1:01 am on Friday, June 30. As I mentioned I'm off work tomorrow so there's probably a decent chance that Sam ends up taking the crown, though I wouldn't completely count Applekat out yet. I'm feeling pretty chatty still. We shall see where the chips fall.

WHEN WILL CASEY GET TO POST #7,000?
CURRENT LEADER IN RED

Bobbieka — June 27, 2017, 9:00 am CST 🏅
Ladybug — June 27, 2017, 8:00 pm CST 🏅
Applekat — June 28, 2017, 5:00 pm CST
Samantha — June 29, 2017, 12:00 pm CST
Purplrks — June 30, 2017, 2:00 pm CST
KiKi — July 2, 2017, 3:31 pm CST
Mish — July 10, 2017, 9:00 pm CST (guest celebrity entry)
Looks like Sam is gonna win!
Old 06-28-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

I couldn't find a shorts-wearing ribbon, MITA. Will this do?

Or perhaps this:

Old 06-28-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Dangit, KiKi. I just edited that post you quoted to make it disappear. Didn't think you'd catch up that quick.

No 10,000 post contest. Any more contests will be based on sobriety not post counts, I think. Kinda like my old one with Bobbieka where I let her design me a new avatar when she got to day 146, besting my "old" sobriety length record.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 06-28-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

WELLLLLL.....Another sober day in the books. I am gonna eat some icecream and watch Netflix. Night Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on winning Casey's contest Sam. ;-)
Old 06-28-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
WELLLLLL.....Another sober day in the books. I am gonna eat some icecream and watch Netflix. Night Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on winning Casey's contest Sam. ;-)
Goodnight Kiki! Ice cream and Netflix is a winning combo.

But Sam ain't won yet. Like I said, I'm feeling chatty right now. Probably the two large cups of coffee I had at that AA meeting.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

So long as we all keep posting..

Had good news. The unit where I live- is about a 10 minute walk from the city centre. Close to everything I have established support networks with- plus the art-g. Stage 2 of this recovery program (there is pre-stage 1- to weed out the unhelpable or do not wantable, stage one _ me, now) has 4 different locales for housing. Same gig- but independent. No staff, free wifi Quitre sought after. I am moving there. I asked my counsellor was this locale because he did some things?',. He then began to waffle Oon about a multi-d approach and everyone deciding, so I cut him off and gave him the yes or no choice. The answer being yes. or supplemented bills. I am moving to the next stage, 2 doors down- same locale. Meaning I do not have to pay anyone to move me- I will do that. I will be there 6-12 months. So the first time in nearly 2 years and 6 moves- I will know where I will be at Xmas. (yay). He also read me his report on me- very detailed- him mentioning stuff going back 30 years. So detailed- very detailed and shows how seriously this program is taken. This report goes to the CEO, who then meets with me and counsellor next week. All good- very formal. So I am nearly happy.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:01 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Re-Member

That's fantastic, Phoenix. Keep doing the next right thing, my friend. Seems to be working so far.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Nearly is pretty awesome, Phoenix.

Now you get chatty. lol

MITA, my best friend since I was 9 was also my biggest drinking buddy. We stopped being friends at the time of my break down. I haven't seen her in almost 3 years. She had her house foreclosed a months or so ago and got 2 dwi's in 6 months. She now has warrants for her arrest because she didn't appear in court. I almost feel guilty. I always kept her on track. I quit drinking and my life is getting so much better and she is spiraling. I get it.

Purple - you rock!! Way to go!!
Old 06-28-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

I kind of want to go to the zoo.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:21 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I thought we were already there, Bobbie.

And now I've got this song stuck in my head:

The monkeys stand for honesty. The giraffes are insincere.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Re-Member

And that's sad about your friend too, Bobbie. I'm sure you've shared that before but didn't remember it. Hope she finds some help. I always try to include the alcoholic who still suffers in my end of night meditation/thought/prayer/whatever you want to call it. Will include her in particular.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:30 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Lol. Me too now.

The zebras are reactionary.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:32 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I think this might be the most recovery-iest animal analogy from that song:

Orangutans are skeptical of changes in their cages.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:36 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

ADDICTION SUCKS- IT CONTROLS PEOPLE WHO OTHERWISE ARE GOOD.

Sad- today our zoo (we have a b-I-g open park zoo as well as the city one),

euthanised a 35 year old Sumartran tiger. He had failing kidneys and was in contsant pain from arthritis.
I will share some symbolic, but highly important news about stuff tomorrow.Nothing life changing, but significant shift in mind set.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Australian tomorrow or American/Canadian tomorrow?
Old 06-28-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Best thing I ever saw at a zoo was this three month old baby hippo at the Denver Zoo who kept running between the legs of all the adult hippos trying so so hard to get one of them to play with him. He was like a very enthusiastic puppy. His effort was in vain. Adult hippos can be very staid.

Second best thing was the gorilla at the Ft. Worth Zoo who gave a spirited version of the ol' Casey salute to random passersby.

Think I'm officially done for the night. Once again, thanks for the recovery. Sweet dreams everyone. Don't let the koalas take over while we're all asleep, Phoenix and Dee and Mish and the dearly missed immri.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

My today is your yesterday. Thus my tomorrow is your today- tomorrow. So tomorrow, today here- is not tomorrow there, more the day after tomorrow (and yes I understand all the time differences- within 30 minutes, but to be accurate would destroy the beautifully crafted theme) - or my tomorrow is your day after tomorrow's yesterday. So yesterday I will share some stuff, tomorrow- today. Okay?
Old 06-28-2017, 09:08 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

BUT..I will share this..I fell so almost happy, that I bought myself a treat. A 6 and a half pound pork roast. Guess what is the main ingredient for anything (except coffee) for the next week?
Old 06-28-2017, 09:15 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
My today is your yesterday. Thus my tomorrow is your today- tomorrow. So tomorrow, today here- is not tomorrow there, more the day after tomorrow (and yes I understand all the time differences- within 30 minutes, but to be accurate would destroy the beautifully crafted theme) - or my tomorrow is your day after tomorrow's yesterday. So yesterday I will share some stuff, tomorrow- today. Okay?
You are the eggman, Phoenix.

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
BUT..I will share this..I fell so almost happy, that I bought myself a treat. A 6 and a half pound pork roast. Guess what is the main ingredient for anything (except coffee) for the next week?
Vegemite?

Congrats on your almost nearly happiness tomorrow today.

I'm really going to bed now.