Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 257

Old 06-16-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good evening everyone. Had a pretty good day. Got my tax return finished and went to a lunch time yoga class. For me that was great on my day off. Although I had a snooze when I got back but I needed it so I'm not beating myself up about it.
Worrying thing is that my mind has been wandering to drink thoughts tonight. I've not had many so far this time and normally 5 minutes and it's over but not tonight. I'm home alone all night and the thought of "just one night off" has been raging. I even pictured going to the shop. So I'm sharing here and recommitting to my 24. Seeing Bobbie's coin is giving me a focus right now. I keep looking at it. It seems so far away for me......like a dream. On Monday I will reach 2 months of sobriety and I truly dont want to throw that away. So I'm going to drink herbal tea and read recovery material. Honestly I've thought about why it has reared its ugly head and I think I'm a little bored..... not hungry, not angry, lonely? maybe a little, not too tired.
Okay that's off my chest and I'm very grateful to have all of you guys again in my little moment of need.
Hugs to anyone who needs one. Jojo ❤❤❤

Great job, Jo, reaching out. It is done 1 day at a time and is definitely within your reach. Do something for you! I like trail hiking, running, but you could shop, do yoga, clean out a cabinet. (that is really cathartic for me).

You got this! You are doing a great job! (and the coin is so shiny! you need one too!)

Hugs.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Thanks Bobbie ❤❤❤
Old 06-16-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

24 MORE!!!!! Checking in!
Old 06-16-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I will take another sober 24 hrs. please.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I don't think I checked in this morning. Another 24, please! (3:24 p.m. MDT)
Old 06-16-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

I left work early, and took a drive a few hours away to the city I lived in for many years. Came to see a friend--decided I needed a change of scenery and was ready to do it sober. It is incredibly hot here--heat index is 110F. I am at a hotel. Had some thoughts of drinking, but somehow I really don't want to. Just passing thoughts--and a quick 'ick'! I want some lemonade or iced tea instead! So excited that I have lost my taste for it! Love that. It's finally getting better.

Jo, hang in there!! I will hit my 2 months next week as well, and sure don't want to start over either. It's going to get easier, and soon sober will feel completely normal. I can't wait! Almost there.

Love to all. Take care dear Kris, I hope you're going to be ok.

RBJ
Old 06-16-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

5:25pm Friday ~ and a sober Friday too! 24 more please
Old 06-16-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Good morning bunch of miracle people.
How are you guys today wishing you a great Friday .
Me I'm at Starbucks having morning coffee and waiting on my sponsor,after going to physiotherapy, went I let go of my sadness and find my sparkle I will let you know guys. But life is good I'm hangover free.

24 more for this alcoholic.

Feeling Good

Having boundaries doesn't complicate life; boundaries simplify life.

—Beyond Codependency

There is a positive aspect to boundary setting. We learn to listen to ourselves and identify what hurt us and what we don't like. But we also learn to identify what feels good.

When we are willing to take some risks and begin actively doing so, we will enhance the quality of our life.

What do we like? What feels good? What brings us pleasure? Whose company do we enjoy? What helps us to feel good in the morning? What's a real treat in our life? What are the small, daily activities that make us feel nurtured and cared for?

What appeals to our emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical self? What actually feels good to us?

We have deprived ourselves too long. There is no need to do that anymore, no need. If it feels good, and the consequences are self-loving and not self-defeating, do it!

Today, I will do for myself those little things that make life more pleasurable. I will not deny myself healthy treats.
Thanks, erfra.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rainypnw View Post
In for another 24. Congrats to all the Milestoners!!!

Day 5 - 9:14 am
Keep on, rainypnw!!!!
Old 06-16-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
I don't really know what's going on with me - when I figure it out, I will share. Thank you for offering to help.
Here for you 24/7/365, dear one.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Thanks, Erfra! I feel like Snoopy doing the happy dance.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Babs1234 View Post
24 more for me ~~
Have a great week=end Everyone ! !
Babs
Wishing a great weekend for you, too, Babs!!!!!
Old 06-16-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
Today has been long and tiring and I'm glad to be relaxing at last.

It's 6.20pm in the UK and I'm all in for another 24.
Have a nice evening, mysti, and a great weekend!!!!!
Old 06-16-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
12:35 in California and checking in for another 24. I am sitting poolside with a book while the kids swim. I have a Leadership conference tonight and tomorrow and decided to stay nearby and make it a little getaway for me and the kids. My oldest will be in charge while I'm at my meeting, and we are right across from the Outlets so they can look around at stuff during the day tomorrow, and swim as well.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday.

❤️Delilah
. Enjoy, Delilah.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone. Had a pretty good day. Got my tax return finished and went to a lunch time yoga class. For me that was great on my day off. Although I had a snooze when I got back but I needed it so I'm not beating myself up about it.
Worrying thing is that my mind has been wandering to drink thoughts tonight. I've not had many so far this time and normally 5 minutes and it's over but not tonight. I'm home alone all night and the thought of "just one night off" has been raging. I even pictured going to the shop. So I'm sharing here and recommitting to my 24. Seeing Bobbie's coin is giving me a focus right now. I keep looking at it. It seems so far away for me......like a dream. On Monday I will reach 2 months of sobriety and I truly dont want to throw that away. So I'm going to drink herbal tea and read recovery material. Honestly I've thought about why it has reared its ugly head and I think I'm a little bored..... not hungry, not angry, lonely? maybe a little, not too tired.
Okay that's off my chest and I'm very grateful to have all of you guys again in my little moment of need.
Glad that you are powering through, jo.

Waking up hangover-free and proud of yourself is going to be extra special tomorrow morning.

Love to you.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Great job, Jo, reaching out. It is done 1 day at a time and is definitely within your reach. Do something for you! I like trail hiking, running, but you could shop, do yoga, clean out a cabinet. (that is really cathartic for me).

You got this! You are doing a great job! (and the coin is so shiny! you need one too!)

Hugs.
, Bobbieka!!!!.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Celebration time!

Sobriety is Our Priority! Awesome Job Everyone! Celebrating a terrific Month is Time2Rise! Celebrating too are OT and our twin celebrants Gilmer and PurpleKnight with 3 years and 7 months of recovery! Way to GO Guys!

Serving up a Fresh Strawberry Lemon Cake!

and Strawberry mint Ice Cream.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

In for another 24hrs!!

. . . all those pics are making me hungry Kris, amazing!!
Old 06-16-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

You are not alone . One night off is going back that hell place that I left behind 4 years ago, at the beginning I thought about it but today I'm grateful not had done it, one moment at the time. " this should too pass"
Old 06-16-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
You are not alone . One night off is going back that hell place that I left behind 4 years ago, at the beginning I thought about it but today I'm grateful not had done it, one moment at the time. " this should too pass"
Wise words, dear erfra.

'Going back' is never an option for us; it takes us to the deadest of ends.