SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 50 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/410913-class-march-2016-part-50-a.html)

badger257 06-10-2017 03:08 PM

Hello old classmates. Just stopping in to say hello. (And support/assist in the quest of this class reaching the milestone) :)

CaseyW 06-10-2017 03:14 PM

Glad work went well for you, Sam and Purps. I'm praying for the same for me tomorrow.

Pull up a chair and stick around, Badger! The more support, the better for all of us. And once a Marcher, always a Marcher!

Been a lazy day here. Went to the Friends of the Library this morning. Only bought one book but spent eight whole dollars on it. That's pretty rare for me to do lately. But it was a beautiful first edition of the last book in Edmond Morris' amazing series of biographies on Theodore Roosevelt. I had the other two books already so needed to complete the series. Went to my favorite burrito place and got my favorite red steak burrito from there. Been home ever since. Four episodes left of Orange is the New Black. Might finish it tonight. Might not. No hurry.

Dog stopped yapping. Finally. I don't even have any Benadryl or hamburger meat anyways.

Few minor thoughts of drinking crept into my head a little bit ago which is why I logged on here, but I was eating an early dinner in the meantime and that seems to have quieted that pest down for now. Doesn't matter anyways. I don't drink anymore. I'll post in here once a minute and get us to that world record before midnight tonight if that's what it takes to stay sober tonight.

Purplrks3647 06-10-2017 03:29 PM

Good for you, Casey! I had a thought creep in earlier too, as I passed by a bar. I don't know why the idea of sitting in that dark environment seems so inviting sometimes. Then, like I told our buddies on the Sober Bus, I reminded myself of how that salesman in our heads is a big fat liar!!! :vd

samantha14 06-10-2017 04:05 PM

Hey Casey - I had some drinking thoughts earlier too but managed to shut them down pretty easily. I know I don't wanna wake up hung over tomorrow...and the only way to accomplish that is to not drink tonight.

Just threw some laundry in, about to make some tea and put on my pjs. I do love the way the evenings just feel so peaceful when I'm sober.

ManInTheArena 06-10-2017 04:15 PM

Hey Badger. Thanks for checking in!!

Sam, Purps and Casey - we can all have a nice, sober day together. Reading, watching TV, doing laundry - whatever we like.

I got out for short hike this morning, which was nice. Had a little siesta and some late lunch. For some reason, I can't stop thinking about chicken fricassee - maybe make some tomorrow. I won't make a video or anything, like BBG - I'm sure the fricassee police would come and arrest me if they saw it.

Be good - don't drink :)

Purplrks3647 06-10-2017 04:16 PM

Same here, Sam! I just finished laundry & I'm gonna have some Sleepytime Tea in a little while since I'm still pretty wired from all the coffee....

I will also be sending out friend requests to everyone! Don't ask....I just feel like it, that's why!!! :D

CaseyW 06-10-2017 04:28 PM

MITA, according to an old Presley family recipe, first you need some chickens who get out of line to make a good fricassee.

samantha14 06-10-2017 05:09 PM

Hi Badger!!

MITA - your day sounds really nice. :)

PeacefulRain 06-10-2017 05:09 PM

Hey guys! Just got back from a nice little day out with the family. It feels good to finally sit down. 😝

beerbgone 06-10-2017 05:30 PM

Hi Badger!

Had a frozen chicken pot pie for dinner. Pretty doggone good. Not quick though. Takes an hour to cook from frozen.

MITA the food police have threatened to arrest me a few times!!! LOL

CaseyW 06-10-2017 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by beerbgone (Post 6493255)
Had a frozen chicken pot pie for dinner. Pretty doggone good. Not quick though. Takes an hour to cook from frozen. LOL

I'm sure it was tasty, but that doesn't sound like a very exciting cooking video.

I'm back to contemplating going to the store for some Benadryl and hamburger meat. Make my own cooking for dogs video.

samantha14 06-10-2017 05:37 PM

BBG - when I was a kid my dad made the best pot pies...haven't had one in forever!! We had turkey meatballs and green beans...a little boring but yummy!

samantha14 06-10-2017 05:38 PM

Casey maybe you should buy your neighbour a bird....it could be best friends with the dog and keep it company??

KiKi0615 06-10-2017 05:40 PM

Hi guys, I'm home from a full day of softball and sushi making with my daughter. It was fun but I'm exhausted! I still haven't caught up on the posts from the past 2 days but I'm gonna try a little later.

Anyway...I wanted to share something that happened last night when I was on Facebook. I commented on a post of a friend (Natalie) of mine from high school and another guy (Tom) commented on MY post. I don't really know him (Tom) but he was VERY mean to me. I was like "what the heck did I do to YOU Tom??? I don't even know you!"

Anyway...he (Tom) said "I just got a message from a guy (John) you graduated with saying your bat shite crazy and you called him a few months ago & said all kinds of weird stuff!" I was like "Ok...send me the message! I don't believe you! No one would say that about me!" So he (Tom) DID! He (Tom) sent me the message that the guy I graduated with (John) sent to him and sure enough....he (John) said I was bat shite crazy!!! :-(

I started thinking about it and remembered that I was messaging him (John) in February and then called him when I was really drunk & was saying all kinds of crazy stuff! (I really AM crazy when I drink!) Anyway...I hadn't talked to him (John) in 27 years when I called him in February so it WAS weird. :-/

At first I was really angry and hurt that he said that about me & stabbed me in the back but then I got to thinking....You know what??? I WAS bat shite crazy that night! I was WASTED! I can't take it personally because that WASN'T ME! It was the alcohol.

Anyway...it was a real eye opener! When I drink I hate who I become! When I am sober I LIKE who I am. Good lesson for me for sure! And BTW...no one has EVER called me bat shite crazy in my life! I really don't have enemies. But obviously when I drink I AM crazy. Never again!

samantha14 06-10-2017 05:44 PM

I think we are all different and better people sober Kiki. I'm sure we all have stories that we aren't proud of when we were drinking. Good thing we don't drink anymore right?!?

P.S. Youre not bat-**** crazy by the way....just human.

beerbgone 06-10-2017 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 (Post 6493270)
Hi guys, I'm home from a full day of softball and sushi making with my daughter. It was fun but I'm exhausted! I still haven't caught up on the posts from the past 2 days but I'm gonna try a little later.

Anyway...I wanted to share something that happened last night when I was on Facebook. I commented on a post of a friend (Natalie) of mine from high school and another guy (Tom) commented on MY post. I don't really know him (Tom) but he was VERY mean to me. I was like "what the heck did I do to YOU Tom??? I don't even know you!"

Anyway...he (Tom) said "I just got a message from a guy (John) you graduated with saying your bat shite crazy and you called him a few months ago & said all kinds of weird stuff!" I was like "Ok...send me the message! I don't believe you! No one would say that about me!" So he (Tom) DID! He (Tom) sent me the message that the guy I graduated with (John) sent to him and sure enough....he (John) said I was bat shite crazy!!! :-(

I started thinking about it and remembered that I was messaging him (John) in February and then called him when I was really drunk & was saying all kinds of crazy stuff! (I really AM crazy when I drink!) Anyway...I hadn't talked to him (John) in 27 years when I called him in February so it WAS weird. :-/

At first I was really angry and hurt that he said that about me & stabbed me in the back but then I got to thinking....You know what??? I WAS bat shite crazy that night! I was WASTED! I can't take it personally because that WASN'T ME! It was the alcohol.

Anyway...it was a real eye opener! When I drink I hate who I become! When I am sober I LIKE who I am. Good lesson for me for sure! And BTW...no one has EVER called me bat shite crazy in my life! I really don't have enemies. But obviously when I drink I AM crazy. Never again!

Kiki I think it would be a good idea for you to keep a copy of this and reread it whenever your AV starts tryin' to get your attention!

KiKi0615 06-10-2017 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 6491647)
While I've had hundreds/thousands of similar bad, horrible experiences/decisions made while drinking over the years, I have to be honest and say that over the last 2-3 years mainly my drinking has been interminably, soul-suckingly boring. I sit at home alone and drink by myself and just waste hour after hour after hour doing nothing but making plans in my head for all the great, cool things that I'm gonna do with my life. And then instead of doing them, I drink some more and tell myself I'll start all those cool things the next day/week/month. And then I wake up the next day and feel like crap and declare I'm never drinking again. And then in 3 days or a week or 10 days or six months, I drink again. It's an endless, awful, pointless, monotonous grind. And I also know in the back of my mind that once I start drinking, I'm capable of all those horrible, dishonest things that I did for years. It's all out there waiting for me at the bottom of one of those glasses of cheap box wine.

My life is better without alcohol in it. Period.

Boy do I relate to this Casey! Powerful!!! I used to do the same thing except I would sit on a bar stool. Never again!

samantha14 06-10-2017 05:50 PM

Well finishing up my tea and then heading to bed to read for a bit.

Talk to you all tomorrow! Sweet dreams!

beerbgone 06-10-2017 05:51 PM

Nitey night Sam.

1newcreation 06-10-2017 05:54 PM

24 mo