Notices

Class of June 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 06-09-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Mary2

Day 7 has come to an end. I already feel like my kids have benefitted from just the week... I mean I was there before but not really.... I'm genuinely interested in their days now and can't wait till they are in from school... and the wee baby is powering through the milestones lol cos I'm constantly interacting with him not willing him to sleep.
He's at his dads tomorrow for the first time. I'm sad about it as he's only small but I need to be fair... my other kids will be here and I've no interest in drinking. Will be fresh as a daisy on Sunday for all the cuddles!
Hope everyone else is fab xxxxxxxxx
Old 06-09-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on wrapping up one week sober, Hez1979!
Old 06-09-2017, 05:23 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Truth, FeelingLost and SoberInStAlbans

Welcome back Milly - does your husband not know what you're trying to do, or does he not understand?

D
Old 06-09-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

FeelingLost how did your day at work go? Sober day! I hope it went well.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

I am a little stunned by the amount of cravings for alcohol I have had tonight. The ridiculous arguments in my head saying it's ok to drink on the weekends. When the strength of these cravings alone is proof that I have a serious problem. I just keep reminding myself that when I woke up this morning I decided that I wouldn't drink today. If I want to drink, I have to decide that tomorrow morning.

It's funny because it's the exact opposite of the deal I have with myself for exercise. I always decide the night before if I will get up early to work out/run. I have to wake at 5 to do so, so if I decided in the morning I would always say no.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Apple, I can totally relate. Something about the weekends gets me too. I'm sitting here watching tv, reading a book on my kindle, just made something small to eat and ignoring the craving I'm feeling. It's Friday night, I usually would always drink. I argue with myself too, one minute I'm fine and good about not drinking, then 10 minutes later I'm again thinking, just something small. But it never is!

I'm so glad you posted your struggle too. Just typing my response helps me again realize what I need to NOT do tonight. Thank you, and it just shows how much our posting here helps each other as well.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:18 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Smile Day 06

It's day 06 for me. last night I had a party. Many of my alcohol buddies were there. I managed to stay without drinking a single sip and without smoking a single puff. I myself feel so proud of me. And also, I felt how easy for me to go to others tables and chit chat with them when I am sober. No alcohol or tobacco smell!
Best Feeling ever
Old 06-09-2017, 08:47 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Smile Starting on Monday. Maybe sunday

Im gunna go for it guys. Many thanks to the wonderful community on here.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

STHATHEMMAD, good job on handling the party. I seriously doubt I would be able to NOT give in.

It's a beginning of day 3 for me, very little to no sleep for 2 nights. Maybe I'll try some exercise to exhaust me to finally sleep a few hours today.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:29 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

wow STHATHEMMAD awesome!! Good for you! Keep that feeling in mind and remember how awesome sobriety feels! I love your post and it makes me feel inspired again to keep going.

Welcome Context, go for it, we're all here with you, stick around and keep posting!

Adrian hope you get some sleep tonight! I've been using ear plugs and a sleeping mask..after the initial few days it got a lot better. Hang in there!
Old 06-09-2017, 10:01 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things went ok STHATHEMMAD = congrats

Do be careful tho....manys the time I negotiated one party sober and thought I was 'cured'...

I think we have to make changes if we want to stay sober...stay vigilant.

welcome CONTEXT
Old 06-09-2017, 11:06 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

day 1 and i got my book so im working this 100% this time x

good going to everyone so far.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome erratic

D
Old 06-09-2017, 11:49 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobergirl33 View Post

Eshgham, the salary in Korea is decent, I will be paid 2.2 million won per month which is about $2000 USD. But they also pay for my apartment and flight and the cost of living is low, so I'm hoping to save a good bit of money over there. Even more when I stay sober hehe

Hope everyone has a great evening!
Making money & experiencing a new culture! Great! I'm sure there will be so many new things to see & do you'll stay busy & have an awesome time - & even better to enjoy it clear minded & sober.

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
day 1 and i got my book so im working this 100% this time x

good going to everyone so far.
Go for it Erratic. Welcome m8.

A little bumpy with the odd pang of regret & loneliness today for me, but overall all is good here. Day 5.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:16 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

14 days 2 weeks. Today Saturday. It's 1215 am lol so still gotta get thru the day when I wake up but positive I will. Happy Sober Saturday all!!!!
Old 06-10-2017, 12:31 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Everyone is doing so well, proud of you all..
I just successfully said no to an offer of wine at my aunties where I never say no there.. cravings were pretty bad but I think a bit of it was due to habit too..but I have pretty much made it through sat night sober.. have a substitute drink - salted lychee flavoured soda, delicious..I would never ever drink soda but I figured the lesser of 2 evils is best..
Keep sober my friends..we can and are doing this...
Old 06-10-2017, 12:45 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Administrator

good on you Red

D
Old 06-10-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks dee and esh x
Im going to my hubby gig this evening and i am going to keep positive that i won't drink there. I am actually looking forward to seeing him with out me drinking the night away and embarrassing myself.
have a great day all x
Old 06-10-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Glad to see so many positive posts!!
Welcome to all of the new junebugs!!!

I am still having tons of cravings and struggling to stick with this but I am!

Cutengayguy..congrats on. 2 weeks. That's awesom!!!!

I was at a bug retirement party last night for work. About 200 people..it was very nice and I was so grateful to be sober. It's crazy to watch how people drink and behave at these events...especially work related. Ironically I was really drunk at this same venue about 13 years ago with many of the same people. Last night was a pleasure. I'm very tired this morning but not hungover!��

Great sober wishes for Saturday xo
Old 06-10-2017, 04:44 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Just on day two of being sober. Was too drunk/hungover to pour out the vodka last night so will be doing that today.

Stay sober and well all! x