Notices

Class of June 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 06-08-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just checking in on day 3 (this is tglanon, I had a username change). Things are going pretty good but I've been having weird episodes of anxiety, for example I got super stressed today when buying a pair of shoes. I think this is the withdrawal but I hope it goes away soon!

Welcome to the group hello76. I was where you are just a few days ago. Everything is better when you don't drink. Keep reading and posting, it will help.

Eshgham, the salary in Korea is decent, I will be paid 2.2 million won per month which is about $2000 USD. But they also pay for my apartment and flight and the cost of living is low, so I'm hoping to save a good bit of money over there. Even more when I stay sober hehe

Hope everyone has a great evening!
Old 06-08-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Hi Tamra, love the volunteering thing. It feels so good to give back! Hope you land a legal job soon. Rooting for ya!

Hi Milly, welcome! Keep posting and stick close by! We're all in the same boat here but thankfully we're not sinking!

Hi sobergirl, I totally get the anxiety thing. I've had that as well. I noticed as I am mostly through day 8 that it's subsiding a little. I think it will happen that way for you too.

Today I had to stop by CVS to pick up a graduation card for my nephew. I walked down the liquor aisle (not on purpose) and saw all the bottles, including the ones I used to drink. I had a momentary sorrow feeling, like I was saying goodbye to a friend! Except this is not a friend, this is an enemy. I quickly just walked out of the aisle, but it was just such a weird feeling. Like a breakup of sorts. So bizarre.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:06 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Smile Day 05

Its day 5 for me. Did well so far.
Feeling relaxed. Sleep quality is much better now.
Thank you all.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:58 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Hey guys, just a quick check in before bed on day 3. I slept last night and got some much needed rest, woke up a few times but much better than the night before. Couple of crazy nightmares but I think that happens to some people during this period. Feeling much more clear headed but still really tired. No cravings yet!

Sorry I'm not responding to everyone, today was really busy. My kids and I saw a play tonight and it was nice to be able to focus on the plot and enjoy theatre completely sober.

Welcome to all who joined us, I love the positive energy of this group.

Day four here I come!
Old 06-09-2017, 12:13 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

I'm in, day 2 here. Poor sleep last night, no energy. One minute I'm ok, the next Im going to burst into tears
Old 06-09-2017, 01:06 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its very normal to have that kind of emotional rollercoaster thing Adrian - hang on in there - and welcome to the thread

congrats to everyone on your milestones

D
Old 06-09-2017, 02:33 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

I can't believe I've done it! I've beenbeen thinking about booze all day..but It's friday night, I went to the supermarket tonight where they have wine tastings, my weakness...well I walked straight past like it didnt exist! And....I've been cooking in the kitChen listening to music, while my partner drinks a couple of beers next to me, I even got him a beer and I successfully drunk nothing and had a better time than if I was drinking wine..
Honestly this sober stuff is way better...

Katsmeeyow... well.done on walking straight past the booze section, you rock!

Adrian.. hope you will be ok..it can be a rough ride but hang in there, we are here for ya..
Old 06-09-2017, 02:43 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

i'm on day 2 again and i'm determined i'm not going back to day 1 again, i had an awful time this drinking session, ended up drinking almost 3 bottles of wine in one night and passed out in the middle of the floor for about 3 hours, woke up freezing and then i was throwing up the next time i was awake and felt exhausted
i went to my first aa meeting on wednesday and it was a good experience even though i was really nervous, going to go to one tonight too. hope everyone is doing ok
Old 06-09-2017, 03:08 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you Red, and welcome back TheOwl

D
Old 06-09-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

I'm here and ready!

Thank you for this thread.
It feels good to be a part of so many starting this with me.
I don't even have 24 hours in and today will be the first day of work without sneaking into the bathroom doing bumps of cocaine, or lunchtime without a few beers. It's scary but I really want this.
Have a good day Juney's
Old 06-09-2017, 03:50 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Welcome feelinglost.. great to see ya here, hope ya stick around... one hour at a time, one day at a time..
Old 06-09-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Day 5!!!! Hope everyone is feeling good. Noticed a headache this morning, but different from a drinking headache. I think it's because I have been reading so many blogs and message boards. Ibuprofen took care of that - worth it anyway to have the support!
Old 06-09-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sobriety looks good on you, Junebugs! Keep doing the next right thing.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Unsure

I have attended AA meetings in the past and never felt like I belonged there.. not because I don't think I abuse alcohol, but because I just wasn't relating to any of the stories. For the most part, I have a pretty "together" life. I don't wake up in the morning needing a drink and I would have no withdrawals if I went without. However I am addicted to alcohol and I abuse it...

For me, it's about escape from my anxiety and thoughts. It's about that feeling of complete relief of anything taking over my mind. The problem is, it's so friggin temporary and I never am satisfied. So then what's the point?

It has become such a chore to try and get "there" and the fact is... it doesn't exist! I'm chasing after false contentment. So I have come to realize this yet I stilll keep trying.

My biggest reasons for wanting to quit are mostly health related.. can't lose weight, always tired, my digestion is messed up, I don't sleep good when I've had a bottle of wine, and of course I'm depressed and irritable (side effects). With all these you would think it would be easy? You would think after realizing that it doesn't work anymore like it use to, and that it's more of a job then anything that it would be easy ? So many times I've said "this is it, I don't need to drink anymore, I don't want that **** anymore" then literally the next evening I'm at the grocery store thinking it would be a nice night to have a glass of wine
(Of course that means bottle) and relax. This has been the case for 10 years now.

I don't think anyone would suspect I'm dealing with this that looks in on my life... like I said, I have a nice life. When people say "I need to get sober" what does that mean? I mean, I'm sober right now. I take everything so literal. I see people say they had a 4 month binge .. does that literally mean you were drunk non stop for 4 months? I can't relate to that. I go many days without a drink all the time. Or is it because of the fact that I never go a week without downing a big bottle of wine myself mean that I'm not sober because it's always in my system? I don't know why this matters...

What matters is, I don't want to drink again.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, Truth17. I find it's best today to look at the similarities and not the differences when I'm talking with other alcoholics. Whether you're an everyday drinker or weekends only or one binge a month or whatever else, if you want to stop but find that you can't, then I have something in common with you.

Hope you'll stick around and post often. There's an amazing amount of power in the simple act of one addict talking to another.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:12 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Welcome to the new people. Strength in numbers and we are growing strong. Sober is so much better. Early sobriety for lack of a better term "sucks" but from pain will come wisdom and strength. WE can do this and we deserve this. Stay strong, stay close, stay sober. Peace to all of you. Right on.

Freak
Old 06-09-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

well, I caved in last night and had a drink. no real reason to. hubby refreshed my drink when he got himself a beer (and I did pour that second drink down the drain and go to bed to read instead). still so stupid. back to day one (instead of day 5). and here I am again . . . all anxious. I need to get some things done today, but i'm just spinning my wheels. I'm anxious. honestly this might be at the base of why I drink in the first place. to quell anxiety. it's not even noon and i'm already thinking that a drink with lunch would be a good idea. oye.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Milly - Congratulate yourself for pouring most of it away,
and because of that how much better you feel today . . .
It's Ok for today to be Day 1.

Day 9 for me - not bragging, because I know the weekend
is the most likely time for me to cave . . .
Old 06-09-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

I was on the May thread. Now I am here for the June thread. Trying some new additions. I am trying to learn when I fail, so that I do not need to consider them failures. It's a great day for a day 1.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the new folks!

Day 9 for me too and the weekend is the hardest! I'm alone again tomorrow day and evening and telling myself I am NOT going to drink. I'll keep checking in here because I'm feeling great and I don't want to drink, yet I think about it! I hate that!

So proud of everyone, even if you have to start over, the important thing is you're here. This is a good place to be!! Keep on rocking June peeps!