Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 51

Old 06-22-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Yaaay gilmer!

Yaaay babs!

I just realized I have 4 years, 4 months today! Cool, I'll take it.

Phoenix, ivebever had an aa biscuit, or coffee. The coffee is kinda scary, and dry creamer... I don't trust white powders. White sugar, white flour, anthrax... lol

Hope everyone is doing well! Love to the marchers!
Old 06-22-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Yay, WeHav!
Old 06-22-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hi, WeHav! Congratulations to you, too! Hope all is well!
Old 06-22-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

YAAAAAH WHOOOOO WeHav ! ! ! Hugs !
Babs
Old 06-23-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Congrats, We!!!! That's awesome!

TGIF!!!
Old 06-23-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Good to see you, Duff! When do you have the boys next?

How are your spirits?
Old 06-23-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Great to see you WeHav, and congrats!
Old 06-23-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi Gilmer!

I get the boys in a few hours

My spirits have been so much better this week! I've gotten used to ups & downs but I really feel like I've gotten through the worst of it. I think letting myself go through and feel the process was so helpful. And also using this time to work on finding myself again. Plus I've been incredibly busy with work so it's been a good week. But of course you know I'm thrilled to be getting them home today!

How are you doing??
Old 06-23-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Hit a milestone today, since last September I have lost 50 pounds.

After a few weeks of relatively few overtime hours, we got nailed again the last two weeks. Still not sure if we are working Sunday, if not I'll only have 126 hours the last two weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-23-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Wow, Budd! Good job with the weight! How did you do it? I should lose 20 pounds, too. I keep losing a few and gaining them back. I'm trying to change my attitude toward food.

Hi, Duff. I'm fine. I had a very stressful exam last week, and I've spent all of this week slowly coming alive again.

We were away last weekend. When we came home, we found that power had been out for many hours and everything in the fridge and freezer had gone bad.

Yesterday I steeled myself up like a Sherman tank and went roaring through the supermarket. Between the shopping and the putting away, it took up the whole day.

The good news is that I bought a lot of meat and vegetables for actual cooking. I was in such a catatonic state last week with my test that cooking went by the wayside. We ate a lot of grease and junk with zero nutrition.

I loaded up with spinach today. I'm trying to serve (and eat) healthier food.

This is how I'm trying to change my attitude toward food. You know how people tend to take things for granted and feel a lot less grateful when they get it for nothing? But if they have to invest something of themselves in obtaining it, it becomes a lot more valuable to them.

I know this is true of health. I just found out that my calcium levels are deteriorating (with plenty of supplements). One potential help is weight-bearing exercises: so now I'd better start walking in earnest!

I feel that I take food for granted, too. I grab the simplest, fastest processed food possible to cram into my piehole while I'm sitting and studying. I graze without even thinking about it beyond whether it's salty or sweet.

You know, considering I've been a committed Christian for 35 years, I'm ashamed to admit that I only say grace when other people around me say it and I'll look like a super jerk if I fail to go along.

I just dive right into the food. I always make a joke of it, but I have a feeling that I really need to grow up in this regard.

I obviously take food for granted. Many people starve throughout the world--and I get annoyed if I have to wait ten seconds before my third (or fourth) meal of the day! (I'm preaching to myself here).

I also need to invest more of myself in the food I consume--I plan to take the time and effort to cook nourishing food. That might take an hour. But I will think good and hard before deciding to eat something--it won't be as simple as opening a bag of chips.

That new leaf started yesterday! It's been going on a for a grand total of a day and a half!

Hopefully I'll stay more faithful to my ideals now that I've delivered an impassioned speech!

Seriously, I really need to do at least a little better than I have been.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:27 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Gilmer,

I lost the weight the old fashioned way, diet and exercise. I really started paying attention to the nutrition labels and started to really look at sugar and sodium. I've tried to find better replacement for things I was eating. Fruits and vegetables replaced chips and cookies. Water instead of soda, organic meats instead of processed deli meats.
I read somewhere online that " If it comes in a box, it probably isn't good for you"

Fortunately for me, I don't need a lot of variety. I can find something I like and eat it 6 days a week.

I also make sure that I get at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday. I switch it around between bicycling, yoga and interval training, I don't kill myself at any of them, but I do get my heartbeat up for the time.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:58 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that, Budd.

You took the weight off slowly and sensibly, so it will no doubt stay off.

How are Nature Boy and Aunt Bee?
Old 06-24-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Budd, Gilmer ---really enjoyed your posts. Makes sense.
thanks
Babs
Old 06-25-2017, 01:35 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Exercise and watching what I ate lost my weight, still over 20kg that's been four years now since I lost most of it, what I've lost since has stayed off too. It doesn't mean I can't eat the things I like, just that I need to eat them less often or increase my exercise to accommodate. Mostly I eat salads and either fish or meat, which like Budd I can eat every day very happily.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:53 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

oh lordy --just came back from a walk and holy crap am I out of shape. Anyway, it felt good and tiring at the same time. My mind was happy that I went. Sure does change the attitude.
Babs
Old 06-26-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!

I'm realizing that I spent 9 years living with a narcissist. So now I'm learning all about co-dependancy and how to react/not react to a narcissist. Unfortunately, I'll always have a connection with him through the kids so that will require a certain level of communication which I dread but I'm trying to ignore most of it and letting it go as it's all nonsense (but it's so hard!!!!). When someone tells you something so wrong and incorrect you really want to say no that's not true! But I did that for 9 years and trust me, it gets you absolutely no where but stuck on the crazy train.

I was going to say I hope everyone is having a great summer but Dee and PJ are in winter! So hard to imagine since it's so HOT here in So. Florida.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi guys ! Pretty boring here for a Monday --not sure what I will do today but, I did go through some clothes and have a couple bags to donate so, will drop them off today. Sounds pretty exciting doesn't it?
well, at least I'm sober. and that's good enough for me.
Hugs
Babs
Old 06-26-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Duff, lots of changes for you ... it really will get easier!

Babs, I find I enjoy the quiet "boring" days - that is so much better than the alternative :-)
Old 06-26-2017, 11:15 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Duff it can be hard to let go the emotions you invested into the relationship, frustration and anger being high up there. It will take time and distance to be able to mentally shrug a 'whatever, asshat, I know the truth, and somewhere in your tiny self absorbed brain,you do too.'
The happier you become in your separate life, the easier it will become to let go the frustration. I found working out ( don't you run?) got rid of a lot of my anger at mr t mark one!
Old 06-27-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Toots, I agree with everything you said and distance is already helping. It used to be impossible for me not to respond - hence the constant fighting. Running definitely is my life saver and I've recently discovered yoga - all helpful. Plus am so busy with work at the moment which is a good thing.

It's so helpful to know that you (& Sass) have been through it and have come out so much happier and fulfilled.

Toots, how are your parents doing?