Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 51

Old 08-14-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Hi, WeHav! It's always a pleasure to see you!
Old 08-14-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Toots, sorry you didn't have a vacation without that stress it sounds like you have a grownup 11-year old!

Yup, and an extremely immature 35 year old.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:19 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Have a lovely day to all :-)
Old 08-15-2017, 09:37 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Things are getting weird here, have been working a crazy amount of hours again, so far we have had 1 day off in the last 4weeks. They are trying to start another shift, but because of their habit of not hiring anyone, just keep letting them stay as temp help, nobody is applying.

So we are splitting our shift in to two short staffed shifts, I got the short straw and Starting Sunday night I will be on the overnight shift, from either 9:00 pm or 11:00 pm til 7:30 am, not looking forward to this.

I applied for a different position last week, same hours but a $3 per hour pay raise,. the position is basically doing what I am doing now, just under a different division. I found out today that the 2 positions were awarded to people solely based on seniority. Absolutely nothing about Knowledge, skills or abilities.

I didn't really expect to get the job due to my low standing on the seniority list, but I would have liked a fair shot and an interview

I read that as I will never be able to move up simply because I am #277 out of 295 on the seniority list. So, next time a job opening comes up, I will have to become a serial killer and eliminate those with more seniority than me.

I am going to call the company's Integrity Hotline, and let them know that applying for a promotion there seems to be a waste of time, unless you've been there 10 years or more.

Rant Over!

Now onto a better thing....... Last Saturday I finally broke the 200 pound barrier. I haven't been sub 200 since probably High School. That makes a total of over v65 pounds since last September. Instead of celebrating with a pizza, I went out and bought some nice clothes from a real men's clothing store, the kind of place where you try stuff on and they will alter it for you. Was getting tired of going to the tailors every month! (I'd post a pic of the thinner Budd, but I don't want to get us in trouble again!)

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 08-16-2017, 12:46 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Budd the weight loss is brilliant news, I bet you feel so much better. As to the positions at work, that is so wrong, and extremely short sighted of the company. Unfortunately they are not alone in that kind of thinking.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:24 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Budd, that's great work on the weight loss! Definitely a bummer on promotions policy.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Excellent to hear from you, Budd!

That's a real bummer about your company. Adding unreasonable hours is adding injury to insult! I hope you get a decent break soon.

Congratulations on breaking the "200" barrier!

And LOL about the picture!
Old 08-16-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Way to go Budd---and you feel a whole lot better tooo don't you !
Great Job !
Going out of town with some friends ---It's a girl thing. We are leaving tomorrow and it should be a lot of fun. There will be drinking but, I will be ok and they all know I don't so no pressure there. Like I have said before my hubby drinks every night so, I'm use to being around it.
I'm taking my lap top with me so, I will have that till Friday.
Have a good day you guys.
Babs
Old 08-16-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Have a great time, Babs!

I got my final out of the way. A surprise guest arrived because she's got business in a nearby town.

I figured as long as she was here I'd give her the golden opportunity to proctor my final! I've been studying like a wildwoman since yesterday morning. I had originally planned to take it Sunday, but when I realized I could get the whole thing off my hands sooner, I pounced.

(I hate to wait for stressful things--if I have to face them, I like to face them fast and be done with them!

I think I did well enough; I only missed one question on the objective part (which was auto-graded).

The translation part was really hard this time, so I won't do nearly so well--but I'm sure it will be good enough. Most of the points they take off are half points and even quarter points, so it shouldn't be a disaster.

Now that the obsessive cramming is over, I'm sure I'll be obsessively scanning my e-mail every ten minutes to see if it's graded yet!

Actually, I'm thinking a nap would be good right now...
Old 08-16-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Gilmer
hi Budd

D
Old 08-16-2017, 05:43 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!
Old 08-17-2017, 12:51 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Gilmer I'm just like you would much rather get something over and done with.... Though I have done my share of procrastinating in my time!!! Fingers crossed for your results though I expect as usual it will be a good one.

Enjoy your girlie break Babs.

Well deja vue or what? Last week dad was taken into hospital and mum had a chest infection! As my brother was around, I didn't need to come back from Spain this time, but we have been keeping in constant contact throughout. Mum is improving healthwise, she is able to look after herself, but the situation with my dad is causing some concerns. He was taken in with a urine infection, but a ct scan is showing something on his kidney and he is getting abnormal liver readings. He is in a very confused state which we are putting down to the infection. The doctors are very good, but can't tell us anything because they don't know what is causing his problems.
I am going to go down there on Tuesday with Molly on an open ticket and stay as long as I'm needed. Of course, by then, he might respond to the anti biotics and be home in which case it will be a short trip!
Old 08-17-2017, 01:17 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes for your Mum & Dad, Toots.

D
Old 08-17-2017, 03:10 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Definitely, Toots! I'm glad your brother is close at hand.

I hope your mom gets well soon, and your dad, too: I hope his condition (s) are easily treatable.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Also wishing a speedy recovery for both of your parents, Toots.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Toots, sending healing thoughts for both of your parents!

Babs, enjoy the visit with your friends. Happy to hear you can be around them without drinking. That was the hardest part for me.

Gilmer, good luck with your final. I suspect you'll do well

Hi Duff!
Old 08-17-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Hope all goes well Toots!
Old 08-17-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

I got the grade. I got a B+ on the final and an A as the final grade in the class. Thanks for the good wishes!
Old 08-17-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Gilmer

D
Old 08-17-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Awesome Gilmer!