Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 44

Old 05-29-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Magsie

Snoozy, sounds like you had a real busy time!
We've got plumber coming tomorrow (hopefully!) to move radiator from under window onto another wall, so we've been busy scraping wallpaper off, me having lots of sit downs, but I did my bit!

We've had rain today, typical bank holiday weather. X
Old 05-29-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hello, dear ones.

Have a wonderful day/peaceful night.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Old 05-29-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Hi Snoozy, thanks, love. You've been busy indeed! You sound in good spirits, I'm glad to see. How is Shaun? Is the AVO still in place?

Yes, I'm unhappy about my blabber mouth friend. Then my cheating friend too. I've no inclination to be in touch with either, so I'm feeling a bit sad and lonely.
Weekends are the worst, but hey, I've little to complain about. Oh, except that I'm literally getting long in the tooth! I saw my dentist today, and I have gum recession, but he says I won't lose my teeth which is good, just doesn't, nor will look so good.
Miss being busy and creative and I'm putting on weight again due to the lack of activity.

Thinking ahead to my 60th in December. I asked my sister if I could visit at hers in England, as I didn't want to be on my own. Now with her lack of support and selfishness, I don't think I will plan this. Plus her house is freezing in the winter. I'm mad at her for sure. I should just stop trying.

Mags, hope the radiator project goes smoothly. Is that to accommodate your new French doors?

Dee, thinking of you. So much respect for you, you are such a stoic man. Thank you for all you do for us.

Suze, dear one, so glad to see you posting. Much love and support to you.

Lulu, how's it going?

Thinking of you all. We are all in this together.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

A question.

Larry made wine and when he died, I had 600 odd bottles to dispose of. I gave it away to various ppl and kept 100 bottles myself. Of course, I got into trouble with them, would often drink one, then go for a second, bemoaning my lot and thinking what the hell.

A friend has recently moved and returned an unopened bottle of the wine to me, I'd given her a lot. Just presented to me at lunch last week. It is the last ever bottle of Larrys wine in existence. Made in 2004, and probably not drinkable, a red.
I put it in the basement, beside a shirt of Larrys that still smells of him. I don't really want it in the house though. Pouring down the sink sort of seems like sacrilege to Larrys hard work and care and he was a normal drinker, though worried about me and alcohol, and what I would become after he died, he was right to be worried, I'm sad to say.

So, I was thinking of driving out to the cemetery which is a long drive, and pouring it out on the grass beside the grave stone. Nuts? Don't some cultures pour alcohol on graves as a token to the spirits? I just can't throw it down the sink, but can't give it to anyone as its not drinkable likely, but you know, I just don't want the temptation even.
It seems I should have some sort of "ceremony" to dispose of it, daft maybe. I don't know, but I'm irritable atm and just don't want alcohol in the house. Sad that I should feel this way at almost 4 years. Wish my friend has just disposed of it and not told me.
Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
A question.

Larry made wine and when he died, I had 600 odd bottles to dispose of. I gave it away to various ppl and kept 100 bottles myself. Of course, I got into trouble with them, would often drink one, then go for a second, bemoaning my lot and thinking what the hell.

A friend has recently moved and returned an unopened bottle of the wine to me, I'd given her a lot. Just presented to me at lunch last week. It is the last ever bottle of Larrys wine in existence. Made in 2004, and probably not drinkable, a red.
I put it in the basement, beside a shirt of Larrys that still smells of him. I don't really want it in the house though. Pouring down the sink sort of seems like sacrilege to Larrys hard work and care and he was a normal drinker, though worried about me and alcohol, and what I would become after he died, he was right to be worried, I'm sad to say.

So, I was thinking of driving out to the cemetery which is a long drive, and pouring it out on the grass beside the grave stone. Nuts? Don't some cultures pour alcohol on graves as a token to the spirits? I just can't throw it down the sink, but can't give it to anyone as its not drinkable likely, but you know, I just don't want the temptation even.
It seems I should have some sort of "ceremony" to dispose of it, daft maybe. I don't know, but I'm irritable atm and just don't want alcohol in the house. Sad that I should feel this way at almost 4 years. Wish my friend has just disposed of it and not told me.
Any thoughts? Thanks.
I think that that sounds very nice, Leshar.

I feel that Larry would be most pleased that you didn't drink it.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I think that would be a lovely thing to do, Leshar.

Dee, I really hope you are back to 100% soon.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I think that would be a lovely thing to do, Leshar.

Dee, I really hope you are back to 100% soon.
As do I, Dee.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hello, Gilmer!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you, Leigh, Gilmer. I know Larry would not want me to drink this wine now. It's weird to me that I am even thinking this way. I'm not sure when I will go to the cemetery. It's 2 + hours drive each way and there's nothing to do there. It's in a little hamlet. Beautiful cemetery. It's where I will be in time.
Maybe I will think of another plan. I just want to deal with this issue.
Thanks for the support!
Dee, I third that wish for you!
Old 05-29-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

(((((dear Leshar))))
Old 05-29-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi, Leigh!
Old 05-29-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Leshar, maybe you could pour it onto a garden somewhere closer to home.
  # 34 (permalink)  

Glimmers!!!!!!!!!
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Leshar, maybe you could pour it onto a garden somewhere closer to home.
That's a nice idea, too, Gilmer!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2017, 08:33 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Goodnight, good morning, all.

Sleep well, enjoy.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Sobriety

Rocks
Old 05-29-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good night, Leigh.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:47 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Thank you, Leigh, Gilmer. I know Larry would not want me to drink this wine now. It's weird to me that I am even thinking this way. I'm not sure when I will go to the cemetery. It's 2 + hours drive each way and there's nothing to do there. It's in a little hamlet. Beautiful cemetery. It's where I will be in time.
Maybe I will think of another plan. I just want to deal with this issue.
Thanks for the support!
Dee, I third that wish for you!
I love this. I think it's a wonderful idea. I really do and how thoughtful to go and share it with Larry. Utterly brilliant my friend. I love the way you think Leshar.
Let me know when you are going as I will have you both in my thoughts that day.

You're so right , it would be such a shame to throw it down the drain. All his hard work and memories. Make it a good day honey. So poignant. It bought tears to my eyes K xxxx

Back soon, Doc just rang & talking to Shaun, better go listen .... xxxx
Old 05-29-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

(((((((Snooz))))))

Love and prayers.