SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 248 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/410096-24-hour-recovery-connection-part-248-a.html)

SoberLeigh 05-24-2017 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by mcflurry (Post 6470608)
@Tink- as others have said try not to worry too much about the blood test.

The liver is extremely resilient and if you can stay sober you should see the function improve very quickly.

The cake looks lovely tonight!

Baby had fun with his baby friends today went for a walk in the buggy- he was good as gold!

He was a bit unhappy after I put him to bed for the night and was sick- thought I had winded him properly after his last bottle but obviously not. Feeling like a bit of a failure :(

Sorry that he is sick, mcflurry.

They pick up EVERYTHING that comes down the pike at this stage, don't they!!!!

Glad that the little guy had friends with his baby friends, tho. :)

SoberLeigh 05-24-2017 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lostmyoffswitch (Post 6470602)
In for 24

:c011:, Lost!!!!

Cknopf82 05-24-2017 02:13 PM

Late check in but I'm here. I find the meds they gave me just make me so sleepy. I woke up at 7 and helped my husband get my daughter ready for school and then fell asleep in a chair until nearly 1. The visual hallucinations are almost gone. The auditory ones are and always have been the worst. Sometimes it can be so loud it is like I have head phones and someone slowly turns up the volume to a painful level. They are now fewer but not gone. I'm sure once the right doctor treats my schizophrenia I'll improve a lot. Friday is the day of my official eval for partial hospital treatment. I'll be out of work for a while. All the phone calls and paperwork for that make me so anxious. I know this will all be worth it, I'm just really overwhelmed right now.

SoberLeigh 05-24-2017 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cknopf82 (Post 6470624)
Late check in but I'm here. I find the meds they gave me just make me so sleepy. I woke up at 7 and helped my husband get my daughter ready for school and then fell asleep in a chair until nearly 1. The visual hallucinations are almost gone. The auditory ones are and always have been the worst. Sometimes it can be so loud it is like I have head phones and someone slowly turns up the volume to a painful level. They are now fewer but not gone. I'm sure once the right doctor treats my schizophrenia I'll improve a lot. Friday is the day of my official eval for partial hospital treatment. I'll be out of work for a while. All the phone calls and paperwork for that make me so anxious. I know this will all be worth it, I'm just really overwhelmed right now.

It's really great to hear that you are already seeing some improvement, dear Ck. :)

So pleased for you, dear one :)

Time2Rise 05-24-2017 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by TinkerB (Post 6469834)
Off to bed... made it through day 1

Well done Tinker.

Time2Rise 05-24-2017 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 (Post 6469907)
^^^Me too jsm! The good people here, my Jannie class and the collective SR wisdom saved my life.

You've piqued my interest Bandi. What is a Jannie class? I googled, but found no answer.

Thanks

SoberLeigh 05-24-2017 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Time2Rise (Post 6470672)
You've piqued my interest Bandi. What is a Jannie class? I googled, but found no answer.

Thanks

I believe that bandi means her Class of January ;)

aussieblue 05-24-2017 02:59 PM

24 more please

7.58 am in Auss.

loving the cooler weather.:scoregood

SoberLeigh 05-24-2017 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by aussieblue (Post 6470678)
24 more please

7.58 am in Auss.

loving the cooler weather.:scoregood

Greetings, dear aussieblue :)

IcedVoVo 05-24-2017 03:01 PM

Thank you Leigh--I am in this tired phase for a good reason. It makes me angry and frustrated that I can't do much but the minimum, but it's part of the healing process. Had a full work-up after Christmas and everything was in normal range except for some extra stuffing--so I just need to go with it. I have full permission to become a slug bug. Couch surfer. Desk jockey. I got a couple of miles of walking in throughout the day, and will do a bit more if I can. If not, I will go to bed. ;)

Congratulations to Delilah!

And 24 more, please

Love

Red

Cknopf82 05-24-2017 03:08 PM

Thanks Leigh :) It is silly but I think the most stressful part of all this is dealing with work and the paperwork and wondering what kind of environment I'm going to come back to. I'm hopeful for my future because I'm taking the time to do this right and focus on me.

SoberLeigh 05-24-2017 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cknopf82 (Post 6470687)
Thanks Leigh :) It is silly but I think the most stressful part of all this is dealing with work and the paperwork and wondering what kind of environment I'm going to come back to. I'm hopeful for my future because I'm taking the time to do this right and focus on me.

Your work will survive. It is so good that you are focusing on YOU!!!!! You are so very much worth it!!!!!!

SoberLeigh 05-24-2017 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper (Post 6470682)
Thank you Leigh--I am in this tired phase for a good reason. It makes me angry and frustrated that I can't do much but the minimum, but it's part of the healing process. Had a full work-up after Christmas and everything was in normal range except for some extra stuffing--so I just need to go with it. I have full permission to become a slug bug. Couch surfer. Desk jockey. I got a couple of miles of walking in throughout the day, and will do a bit more if I can. If not, I will go to bed. ;)

Congratulations to Delilah!

And 24 more, please

Love

Red

You got a couple of miles in. I am impressed, Red!!!! :):c011:

TinkerB 05-24-2017 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6470046)
This is very good to hear, dear Tink. sounds as though you are building a true partnership with your doctor. :c011:

The blood tests will give you a baseline from which to work. No matter they are now, chances are they will improve and improve with sustained sobriety.

Love to you, sweet Tink; so very, very glad that you are back!!!!!!

Thank you so much Leigh... I'm staying close to you all and trying not to stress too much... got to stop Googling all the dreadful possibilities
Day 2 has begun
8.38am in Sunny Bris ❤

SoberLeigh 05-24-2017 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by TinkerB (Post 6470708)
Thank you so much Leigh... I'm staying close to you all and trying not to stress too much... got to stop Googling all the dreadful possibilities
Day 2 has begun
8.38am in Sunny Bris ❤

Welcome to Day 2, dear Tink!!!!!

❤️

TinkerB 05-24-2017 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kris47 (Post 6470115)
Happy to see you back, Tink!

Thanks Kris. Making myself more accountable which is a massive step for me ❤

ForMeForThem 05-24-2017 03:41 PM

24 more please. Just passed the 3 month mark.

TinkerB 05-24-2017 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6469973)
So proud of you baby, and with you every step of the way.
Hope you are asleep by now.
Sending huge hugs. :hug: ♥

Love you dear Suze ❤

SoberLeigh 05-24-2017 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by ForMeForThem (Post 6470713)
24 more please. Just passed the 3 month mark.

That's so wonderful, ForMeForThem!!! :c011:

TinkerB 05-24-2017 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by mcflurry (Post 6470608)
@Tink- as others have said try not to worry too much about the blood test.

The liver is extremely resilient and if you can stay sober you should see the function improve very quickly.

The cake looks lovely tonight!

Baby had fun with his baby friends today went for a walk in the buggy- he was good as gold!

He was a bit unhappy after I put him to bed for the night and was sick- thought I had winded him properly after his last bottle but obviously not. Feeling like a bit of a failure :(

Thank you for the reassurance McFlurry... i recall you have medical insight too
Motherhood is tough at times.. esp the early days and the first... my 3 all had colic early days.. great you have other mums with bulbs to share the struggles... we mums all feel like failures at times ❤