Class of May 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 07-15-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Been crazy busy with work, but thought I would stop in a say hi
Old 07-15-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rainman1 View Post
Been crazy busy with work, but thought I would stop in a say hi
Hi Rainman- so glad you are feeling better and handling all types of news with grace. I think that's a great step in the right direction.

I am doing well too. Miraculously I have had a pretty good week! Sticking to my diet which always helps my mood and really trying to enjoy these kids while I can. They are chasing each other around the house as I type this. It's almost bath time and then bedtime and I'm on my own tonight but I'm not even stressed about it. Somehow this is getting easier. Maybe it's just me learning to accept it rather than resisting and dreading.

Anyway- hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend. Lots of love to all of you.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Very well said Sun, "accept it rather than resisting or dreading". My grandbaby is here, she is so damn cute. Just another reason to stay sober. :-)
Old 07-16-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Very well said Sun, "accept it rather than resisting or dreading". My grandbaby is here, she is so damn cute. Just another reason to stay sober. :-)
Well, I still ended up yelling my head off at bathtime. Ugh. Really need to work on changing my patterns. They were just being kids- squirting each other with water guns and making a mess (and not listening.) It's the not listening that makes my blood boil. I need to let go of control- that's all it has to be right? The inability to control the situation. One day I will master the art of staying calm.

I slept well last night for a change- only woke up once around 4 I think.
Up at 5:45 and enjoying the peace and the bird noises outside. I should start sitting on the porch in the mornings- would be a nice way to get some outdoor time before it gets too hot.

75 days sober today and very grateful for that.
Hope everyone is having a great Sunday...
Old 07-16-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Hi Sun Hi Rain, Happy Sunday to you!

Went food shopping and there was a woman next to me at the auto tills and she was complaining and couldn't do it and causing stress and it made me think maybe I was like that. A bit of a lesson.

I was so calm this morning. Like a big wide space inside. Hope that's sobriety. Tired again this afternoon. Don't get the chores done. Starting to think about work and that's a biggie.

Keep it up!
Old 07-17-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Hey gang, my mind is just going everywhere. I guess I'm just having a case of poor pitiful me today. I hate this. why can't I just be a normal person.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Administrator

Normal is a cycle on a washing machine rainman - we're all special and unique ....and truth be told, alcoholic or not, we each have a cross to bear...

D
Old 07-18-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Normal is a cycle on a washing machine rainman - we're all special and unique ....and truth be told, alcoholic or not, we each have a cross to bear...

D
I love this Dee, "normal is a cycle on a washing machine." Seriously considering making a bumper sticker out of it!
Old 07-18-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Hey gang, my mind is just going everywhere. I guess I'm just having a case of poor pitiful me today. I hate this. why can't I just be a normal person.
I get these feelings a lot too Rainman and my guess is that there really is no "normal." Even the people we look at and think are normal have their own issues and insecurities.
What are you struggling with exactly? Maybe we can help?

I had another food binge last night. It wasn't as bad as it's been in the past but still it happened. I know it's hormonal so at least there's a reason. Sigh. One day this will all be a past behavior. I got my book and workbook on binge eating- going to start it today.

Hope you have a better day, let us know how you are feeling...
Old 07-18-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Not really sure what I'm struggling with, I guess it's just life. I have no reason to feel like I do, great wife and family, work is driving me crazy but I have a job and the people that know what going on are supporting me. I would love to just go home and lock myself in a room.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:33 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

I have a Sober Time counter on my phone, I just looked at it and the quote of the day is "You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life"
Dee, I've heard you say pretty much the same thing. Tonight I think God sent it to me again. Thank you
Old 07-19-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Today's not ending well. In tears during the meeting. Feeling on the point of tears now.
Could be hormones. Could be the after effects of Step 4. Either way I don't like it.
Yesterday was magic and I don't see what changed today. I don't know enough to stop it going downhill.
I think I'll join you shut away in a room, Rainman.
Thinking of everyone. Who knows what'll happen in the morning.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Hang in there Weev, Monday and Tuesday sucked, for whatever reason last night when I read "You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life''I felt better. Today has been ok. the other thing I thought about was that when I was drinking I had bad days then also, had days that I just wanted to scream , cry, going lock myself away. I guess the way I'm looking at it for myself is that its part of life and some day are going to suck. Back then I really didn't have a place to express /vent my frustrations so at times I used booze as and escape. Today I'm learning other means to vent. Class of May 2017 is one of those places, I'm also learning to communicate with my family more. I know I'm rambling and probably not making any sense to anyone. (in my mind it does LOL)
Old 07-19-2017, 11:14 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Don't worry. It makes sense to me as well.
When I'm going about my day I try to put up a front of being pleasant but I can feel a pressure in my head start to build sometimes and I just want to run away or something. When I have to meet too many people or I'm tired I can behave quite badly then. I feel I've let myself down afterwards because a normal person would have handled it like a reasonable human being. I know jack about other people's needs.
I think emotions are trying to get out from behind the wall I've built.
Ive been behaving this way for a lifetime so I guess change will be slow!!!
More tears this morning. At least I'm being consistent.
Love and hugs to you and yours
Old 07-21-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

How's everyone doing?
Old 07-21-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early recovery is a time of real ups and downs emotionally...but it will get better

I hope everyone has a good weekend
Old 07-21-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

we're watching our grandbaby this weekend so how could it be anything but a good weekend.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Administrator

great stuff rainman

D
Old 07-22-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Keep Going

I'm calm.
I remember Dee you saying don't spend your life sitting on the sofa in sobriety, which is exactly what I have done this afternoon, because the only alternative is to fix up the house.
The Dog has gone into shedding overdrive and drifts of labrador fur are everywhere. He likes it on the sofa too
I'm wasting time til my meeting in an hour.
Today, I haven't once thought "my life is a complete mess" or "I can't do it".
Maybe it's my new HP in AA.
I don't want a drink.
And I hope and pray you lot don't either.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Congratulations on 80 days, Rainman