Notices

Class of May 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 06-11-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
What's going on Weev- are you feeling better now?
I joined the 1 year and under club just to have more interaction- come on over if you'd like.
I hope you are feeling okay...
It's taking me a long time to find my way around site. I'll pop in and say hi when I get internet back.
I drove to the sea and it was sunny and windy and gorgeous. Things aren't perfect but I was thinking the little things I can do will eventually add up to something. I was expecting to stop drinking not having to make big changes despite what everyone has said.
Dog went swimming and learned a new Dig command. Should be able to put his superior hole diggin skills to good use in the garden. Took photos of his paw prints in the sand. That's me doing that, not the dog.
Big hugs
Old 06-11-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you can be back in regular contact soon Weevl

D
Old 06-12-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Sunflowerlife - I'm doing well, thanks for asking after me.
Just catching up on reading the Forum after a few days out of internet access; working my way through the threads
Hope all's well with you.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:51 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Ha, who am I kidding? Myself, apparently.

Originally Posted by BatholithBabe View Post
Wow! Day 19 and I am so at ease with myself. Unbelievable. And I've had a few dangerous turns on the road but have managed to keep the vehicle safe and on track. Thank you, God!

I will remain vigilant however, and remind myself often that no alcohol shall ever pass my lips again. I am too excited to discover new things about myself every day that I will never go back and be shrouded in guilt, grief and sadness ever again!

The real me is so happy I have finally opened the window and let the fresh air in!

Blessings to all!
Ha, I wrote this on a beautiful Sunday morning, right after exercising and writing in my daily journal. I turned around and bought a bottle of wine for Sunday afternoon with hubby. After church you know, feeling all smug and forgiven. LOL. Typical habit behavior. The conversation in my head with my AV was hilarious. Oh well, I did it. Not proud of it. Did nothing I thought it would do, only made me mad at myself. I have done this a gazillion times before. In the next few weeks, over the summer, relatives will be visiting and invites to pot lucks, dinners, etc will become the norm. I'm not really afraid that I will drink and get silly but that I will succomb to just a glass here and there. I don't want it, I don't want it in my precious body.

So.....I refuse to count my days over starting with Day One. So I am now on Day 19 + 3. LOL.

I will concentrate on what I want in my life, instead of what I don't. It's the positive I focus on, not the negative. It's my desires, not my fears. This seems to be working for me, as well as daily affirmation videos I watch while on the treadmill for 30 minutes. And my journal.

Love and peace and joy. Praying for all to find their peace.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do you think you might need a better plan BB?

D
Old 06-14-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Do you think you might need a better plan BB?

D
Well, maybe. What do you suggest?
Old 06-15-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I'll just keep going the way I'm going, thanks.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Ha, I wrote this on a beautiful Sunday morning, right after exercising and writing in my daily journal. I turned around and bought a bottle of wine for Sunday afternoon with hubby. After church you know, feeling all smug and forgiven. LOL. Typical habit behavior. The conversation in my head with my AV was hilarious. Oh well, I did it. Not proud of it. Did nothing I thought it would do, only made me mad at myself. I have done this a gazillion times before. In the next few weeks, over the summer, relatives will be visiting and invites to pot lucks, dinners, etc will become the norm. I'm not really afraid that I will drink and get silly but that I will succomb to just a glass here and there. I don't want it, I don't want it in my precious body.

So.....I refuse to count my days over starting with Day One. So I am now on Day 19 + 3. LOL.

I will concentrate on what I want in my life, instead of what I don't. It's the positive I focus on, not the negative. It's my desires, not my fears. This seems to be working for me, as well as daily affirmation videos I watch while on the treadmill for 30 minutes. And my journal.

Love and peace and joy. Praying for all to find their peace.
I'm sorry to hear that but glad to see you posting again. I hope you can find whatever strength you need to stop the insanity for good! For me I kept repeating the same mistakes until I was finally convinced that the drinking just wasn't worth it, didn't do anything positive for me and the outcome was always going to be the same- a mess. I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to be drunk. I hope you can find that place too. You deserve freedom like the rest of us.

How are you feeling today?
Old 06-16-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hi sober friends- Feeling a bit "off" today- probably just a result of hormones and feeling burnt out as it's the end of the week.

Hubby is home, toddler is sleeping so I might run out to the store to do some returns. It's so much easier than shopping with my son who has been quite the handful lately.

Feeling good and strong in my sobriety despite the old AV popping up a few days this week. I mourn that I will never drink again but I also feel a big heavy sigh of relief every time I remind myself of that fact. "I will never drink again and I will never change my mind." Something about it is so liberating.

Hope to hear from you Weev and Caramel and whoever else is left from our May group. My thoughts are with all of you...
Old 06-16-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Sunflowerlife - always looking in here daily, even if I don't have much to write about.
Wishing you a bright and happy day xx
Old 06-16-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Keep Going

There are four of us. Yey.
Pleased and happy to see you here. Hugs for the lot of you.
I really want to hear that everyone else who posted is all right too.
We all deserve freedom from alcohol.
I believe I was all about getting that next drink and it's taking some real effort not to go there again. Need some major rewiring. Six weeks today and I'm starting to cautiously trust it.
Peaceful evening / night to you all xx
Old 06-16-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, maybe. What do you suggest?
sorry it took me a while to get back to you
I recommend this link as a start:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

Keeping on the way you're going is only good if it's working...if that way leads you back to drinking, you may need more to your plan.

We learn from our mistakes

D
Old 06-16-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Sunflowerlife - always looking in here daily, even if I don't have much to write about.
Wishing you a bright and happy day xx
Thanks for checking in- good to hear from you Caramel
Old 06-16-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
I believe I was all about getting that next drink and it's taking some real effort not to go there again. Need some major rewiring. Six weeks today and I'm starting to cautiously trust it.
Congrats on 6 weeks Weev and it's great to hear that you are trusting the process. The rewiring takes time- I am working on that in so many areas of my life with meditation and hypnosis. It's a lot of work to undo all the damage and decades of negativity and self sabotage but it isn't worth it. Have a great weekend...
Old 06-16-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to all you guys on your milestones - I hope you all have a great weekend

D
Old 06-17-2017, 02:56 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I'm sorry to hear that but glad to see you posting again. I hope you can find whatever strength you need to stop the insanity for good! For me I kept repeating the same mistakes until I was finally convinced that the drinking just wasn't worth it, didn't do anything positive for me and the outcome was always going to be the same- a mess. I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to be drunk. I hope you can find that place too. You deserve freedom like the rest of us.

How are you feeling today?
Hi Sunflower,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I'm done. The blisters from putting my hand on a hot stove are finally seeping into my brain and it's just simply better and pain-free to stay away. I am through the EXIT door and out in the fresh air.

Lots of relatives starting to appear for summer holidays so my shields are up, locked and loaded! I already visualize myself at BBQs, dinners, etc.. drinking root beer, coffee, water and sitting back watching the show.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:04 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
sorry it took me a while to get back to you
I recommend this link as a start:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

Keeping on the way you're going is only good if it's working...if that way leads you back to drinking, you may need more to your plan.

We learn from our mistakes

D
Awesome links and info!!!
Old 06-17-2017, 03:08 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
Hi Weev!

Blessings and congrats to you!

I am doing really well (had my slip up last Sunday) but I know exactly what I did and I know the thought process that led to my slip up and I am ever vigilant. Like Dee says, I want to be sober more than I want to be drunk.

xo
Old 06-17-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

My life is better without alcohol.
I love myself and my life.
I am happy with myself.
I am happy to be alcohol free.
I can fall asleep without alcohol.
I desire to change my life.
I choose to create joy in my life.
I have decided to do what is best for me.
I will make the right choices.
I hate alcohol.
Alcohol is smelly.
I shall choose juice over alcohol.
I can socialize without alcohol.
Alcohol is bad for my health and wealth.
I must be healthy for rest of my life.
Alcohol cannot takeover my life.

PS: My favorite affirmation above is "alcohol is smelly". Will remember that one!
Old 06-17-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Hi Babe!
You sound full of energy and very positive about changes to your life. They all sound like good things to me. We don't want to waste any more life on alcohol.

Thanks for the lovely pic. I used to do a zen meditation on a lotus flower years ago. You've made me think I'll look up my old group, see if they still exist. Maybe it's too early to sit still yet.

It's bloody hot here in UK and I'm acting like a dry drunk. Celts love cold. Fortunately, we only get 3 days like this a year. We had snow on the beach one year in June. By all the gods, may it snow tomorrow!

Love and hugs to you