SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 48 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/409592-class-march-2016-part-48-a.html)

Dee74 05-12-2017 04:04 PM

Class of March 2016 part 48

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-47-a-21.html

D

Ladybug2 05-12-2017 04:11 PM

Hi everyone!

Just checking in on this sober Friday night. Watching Moana with the little bugs. Feeling tired and looking forward to an early bedtime, hopefully.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sober Friday nights are the best and hangover free Saturday mornings are even better :) Much love to all xxx

Bobbieka 05-12-2017 05:01 PM

Hey, LB!

Thanks, Dee.

PhoenixJ 05-12-2017 05:31 PM

Ho B- how were the 'old' people's cards? Jeez- they MUST have been old!
I was reading about how a young lady met up with an internet date. She was in her 20's, he was 97. Could not have coffee 'cos it made him pee and stay up too late- but tried to work his moves on her anyway. Nope.

PhoenixJ 05-12-2017 05:33 PM

Dee- no need for sorryments. Just really careful. The recovery place I am part of- somehow my -mine alone computer has had 2 internet virusey,troll-whatever things freeze it up- so paranoid.

What? What did you say? Your talking about me!!!!! (ha- .ha)

beerbgone 05-12-2017 06:28 PM

Nitey night friends. No BBT tonight so it's an "Everybody Loves Raymond" night. I can fall asleep watchin' that.

Thanks for keeping me sober today. Huggies on ya'!

Upstairs 05-12-2017 06:37 PM

TGIF! Another nice sober Friday night for me. Not across the street tho. I live across from this estate that does wedding receptions there. Lotsa bass tonight. I don't care, I have a loud tv to drown it out. 😀

CaseyW 05-12-2017 11:04 PM

Long, busy night at work. It was local college graduation.

Glad to be home. Glad to be off work tomorrow. Glad to be sober. Zelda for an hour and then long long long sleep hopefully.

beerbgone 05-13-2017 04:50 AM

Good mornin' friends!

http://i64.tinypic.com/1449qg7.jpg

PhoenixJ 05-13-2017 04:59 AM

Evenin' BG

Bobbieka 05-13-2017 05:32 AM

Morning, BBG. Evening, Phoenix.

Ladybug2 05-13-2017 05:47 AM

Morning all! Sweet dreams, PJ!

It is going to pour rain all day and it's cold, yuck. Going to a meeting this morning with my sponsor and then my in-laws are coming over for lunch. I won't drink today!

Have a wonderful weekend, friends.

PhoenixJ 05-13-2017 05:55 AM

not yet, ladyb. 2217 Sat- another 5 hours yet. Hope all are okay.
Hello B- what old timer game are you playing tonight? Have you polished your zimmer frame ready? Pharmacy stockings on? Hot water bottle?

Of the 5 people that have moved to this stage of recovery before me- one has just been checked out for having booze on site, and the other 4 have started drinking again. Sigh- they do not understand how bad this stuff can get. Or if they do- lordy help them. Another guy at the meeting my sponsor and I go to on Sat's- quickly invited himself to a ciggie from my sponsor, did not put in the donation bowl (very small meeting), asked my sponsor for another cigge- then for money. My sponsor gave him some. His is a kinder soul than I. He said the guy asking for money was probably only on this amount of money- I pointed out so was I- but I hold no judgements- once I would have. Respect for all is needed at meetings and was not my business anyway.

CaseyW 05-13-2017 07:22 AM

Morning class. Slept great but not waking up so great so far. Coffee is brewing though.

Off today. Gonna go do a little junk/thrift store shopping in a bit. Then it's laundry at my dad's. I'll take my Nintendo Switch with me and play some Mario Kart with my nephew. He loves me but he loves my video games more.

Not gonna drink today. How about you?

Bobbieka 05-13-2017 07:34 AM

Okay, woke up, went back to sleep. I'm up now. Really. Okay, I'm getting up .

Today's agenda: yard work, run. That's it. Looking forward to a lazy day.

Have a fantastic day everyone. You're my people.

PeacefulRain 05-13-2017 09:42 AM

Hi guys!!

Well hubby works tomorrow so he's making me breakfast while trying to tend to the kids. I am sipping startin fluid watching the food network. Not much is getting accomplished except a whole lot of chuckling on my end. Welcome to my world :lmao I am thoroughly enjoying siting on my butt while someone else does all the work for a change! 💕💕💕

clearlyheaded 05-13-2017 10:27 AM

Morning gang!! Glorious weather this weekend. Plans are to put more of my house back together. And a neighbor friend asked what I was doing for Mother's Day. With no family around and a 10 year old, I said, probably nothing (which I am totally fine with). She invited us over to her Mother's Day family gathering. So sweet. We're going to a plant nursery to pick out flowers (her tradition to kick off summer: Mother's Day flower pots). Really looking forward to that.

Work is still strange. There is a saddness in the office. The diagnosis my boss got is a stage IV cancer. He's my age. Has children DD's age. He is fit, seemingly healthy as can be. He was in and out of work last week with weird symptoms, returned to work Monday. And by Tuesday night was in the hospital with a cancer diagnosis. By Thursday night found out it is stage IV. Life certainly is full of curve balls.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Even it work is in the mix ;)

beerbgone 05-13-2017 11:14 AM

Sam whirr ya' at!!!

Purplrks3647 05-13-2017 11:45 AM

Bobbie ~ yard work and going for a run? That doesn't sound like a lazy day at all!

Wow CH that is scary and sad about your boss.....hopefully he can still recover (?) And I hope you have a good Mother's Day :)

Happy Mother's Day to all mommas! :Flower111

Limited internet connection here so I may not be able to torture you all with videos.....I know how disappointing that must be for you guys! :laughing:

samantha14 05-13-2017 12:17 PM

I'm right here!! Thanks BBG!! Forgot to check in. Making shepherds pie for dinner and dealing with a not-so-good Charlie. She has some medicine though so she should be on the upswing!