Notices

Class of March 2016 part 48

Old 05-17-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
"Some of the posts here have reminder me of how just important it is to focus on today in sobriety. I cannot change yesterday- it is just a memory. Tomorrow has not happened yet- so apart from a bit of an eye to the future 9paying bills, food -etc) my focus has to remain on the here and now- on today" PJ
Reminds me of something I think I've posted here before. There was an old timer I used to see regularly at the first AA meetings I attended who'd always end his shares with, "If you're standing with one foot in the past and one foot in the future, you're probably just peeing all over today." (Though he used a little more colorful word than "peeing.")
Old 05-17-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Reminds me of something I think I've posted here before. There was an old timer I used to see regularly at the first AA meetings I attended who'd always end his shares with, "If you're standing with one foot in the past and one foot in the future, you're probably just peeing all over today." (Though he used a little more colorful word than "peeing.")
That's pretty freaking funny. That visual though....
Old 05-17-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't checking in awhile ... all is good. Day 24. Been busy trying to get ready for our upcoming vacation. We leave this Saturday for our annual beach trip. While I love the beach and am looking forward to getting away, I am not looking forward to being around alcohol all week. There will be 9 adults/3 kids and most of the adults will be drinking a lot. Last year I snuck it all week. I don't want to be that person this year. Going to focus on feeling good in the mornings and being present and able to enjoy watching the little ones.

I'll try and check in when I can, especially if I start to wobble. So grateful for you all. Love and prayers to everyone here xxx
Old 05-17-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Good thing you're not the person you were a year ago. Enjoy each day. I think you'll come home and really treasure this sober vacation, LB.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:37 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Okay, I told myself I wasn't going to post half of the 500 posts in this thread like I did in the last thread, but you guys are too quiet.

Is everyone doing okay?

I am. I spoke with my son at lunch and then spent 5 minutes in my car crying. Now I feel much better. Amazing how tears can be so cleansing.

We are having taco night tonight at my oldest son's house. It will be a lot of fun.

I am 346 days sober today. That number just kind of jumped out at me like - wow, that's a lot of days.

I started watching The West Wing on Netflix because I'm old. I watched it all before, I really love the writing.

Speaking of writing, I'm thinking about starting a sober blog. My husband suggested it.

Okay, can't think of much else.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
the best time to post, dear ones (and guys) is when I do not want to. Posting helps....
Time zones mean I see this hours later - you ok, Phoenix? xx
Old 05-17-2017, 01:14 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I am doing OK. Some random thoughts of "drink today, start not drinking tomorrow." Just drank a big bottle of Gatorade. Heating up some leftover pizza. Not getting out of my pajamas. If I don't leave the house, I can't buy poison. I know that's not a good longterm plan but it's early days and it'll work for just right now.

Enjoy your tacos and your family time, Bobbie. Congrats on 346. That is a huge number. 347 will be even huger.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Early days suck. But just think, you never ever have to do this again. (insert smiley face - I used your words on you).

No, seriously. White knuckle, eat ice cream, play video games, rant here. That's what got me through my early days. Probably too much ice cream, but hey. You're doing a great job. Your support is invaluable. So, stay in your pj's, leave those trousers in the closet. Or, on the floor, whatever.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Old 05-17-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Re-Member

No ice cream. Not going to the store. Wish they delivered ice cream though.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:53 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
No ice cream. Not going to the store. Wish they delivered ice cream though.
Have ya' tried downloading some Casey?
Old 05-17-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Old 05-17-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

WELL! I am watching...because I am old. Affirming, assertive- take that! statement B. NO words re your son. You know my thoughts on family. All I can offer is shared tears and my sincere prayers. You and your sons deserve them.

My little post when I do not want to- I was trying to offer support to guys who seemed as if they are struggling, but did not want to ne specific just in case is misread their words. Actually slept and whole 4 hours- so parts of me feel human. IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE! (Insert picture of Franky- tried, copyright)

I think someone asked about paperwork from faceless men. Since round 5 with reviewing (insert looked like an alcie to me look) faceless doctor- nothing. Literally hundreds of hours of combined person hours and resources in this. If all countries could only go to war by filling out the paper work, Ramses the Great would still be appealing to god about Moses.
All for now- have to get ready for my counselling session with my son's name sake.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

346 days. Holy cow, that is awesome. Thanks for being here Bobbie, and sharing and contributing and supporting and just being so darn nice.

I'm doing ok, but kind of in the same boat as Casey. That tough week I had a short while ago has been tough to recover from. It was not a little slip or a gentle fall - it was pretty ugly. I've been burying myself in work, which only works so long. My plan includes hitting the gym more and golfing with some non-drinking guys I met.

For tonight, I'm just gonna take an extra shower. Hopefully the squeaky clean outside will help me keep a squeaky clean inside.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Still sober. Still hiding out. Haven't spoken to a single person today except via typing. Only stepped outside long enough to walk twenty steps to take out the trash. Not overwhelmed with cravings today but it's just kinda this low, persistent, background hum.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

go for a walk cw- isolating is not good
Old 05-17-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

I can't thank SR and you all enough for being on this journey with me.....otherwise I probably wouldn't be sober right now.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

It's BBT time friends. See ya' in the mornin'!

Thanks for keeping me sober today!
Old 05-17-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I've been sober since March 2016, is there room for me here?
Old 05-17-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
go for a walk cw- isolating is not good
Yeah, I'm going to make myself get out tomorrow. Well, first off, I have to go to work, but I'm going to hang with the family tomorrow and hit up an AA meeting too.

But isolating got the job done for this one day.

Glad you found us, FallingLeaves, and congrats on your year-plus sobriety. Not all of us have been continually sober since March 16 but we're all still trying. We've got a good group here and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Going to watch an episode of Fargo and crash. While it ain't midnight yet, I'm pretty darn sure I'm going to bed sober tonight. Thanks for the support today.