Notices

Class of March 2016 part 48

Old 05-15-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning!

It's a brand new week. New opportunities for awesomeness. Going to try and take advantage of that.

Phoenix - that guy sounds like a bit of an a--. The woman's story is sad. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sam - you know the things you need to do. Just a reminder - hit your step goal, yoga, food, wash your face. Do them even when you don't feel like it.

Purple - Same advice. I know sometimes I get in a funk. If I make myself do the right stuff, the right feelings do come. Get to the gym. It's important.

Casey - hugs man. I'm sorry this is a battle for you this time. Keep conquering virtual demons until you've conquered your real ones.

BBG - how did your video go?

MITA - sorry about last week. How are you today?

PR - freakin' neighbors suck. Hope you got some rest and your little guy is better.

CH - Hope work is uneventful today.

LB - Have a fantastic day! Congrats on 3 weeks. Keep walking the walk - you can do it.

Okay - time to work.

Have a fantastic day, fantastic people!!

“To move to a new level in your life, you must break through your comfort zone and do things that are not comfortable.”
Old 05-15-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

B- did you mean to say ********? Is that the word? ********? His brain is alcohol fried. Got up at least 7 times to do lordy knows what. Harmless- sober. There but for the grace of god, go I (If there is a god).
Old 05-15-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Yes. Some people don't quit soon enough. There's a guy in my home group. Sweetest man. He Is about 10 months sober. He had trouble formulating thoughts for months. A bit of trouble reading. It's cool watching him transform as the effects of alcohol leave him. And yes, I was on my way there for sure.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

May 15, 2017
– NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CHIP DAY
– PEACE OFFICERS MEMORIAL DAY
– NATIONAL NYLON STOCKING DAY
Old 05-15-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hmmm. Peace officers and nylon stockings share the same day???
Old 05-15-2017, 09:15 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

don't forget chocolate chips
Old 05-15-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

This is freaking awesome!

Taking Risks

Take a risk. Take a chance.

We do not have to indulge in obviously foolhardy or self-defeating risks, but we can allow ourselves to take positive risks in recovery. We cannot afford to keep ourselves paralyzed.

We do not have to keep ourselves stymied and trapped out of fear of making a mistake or failing. Naturally, we will make mistakes and fail from time to time. That's part of being fully alive. There are no guarantees. If we are waiting for guaranteed courses of action, we may spend much of our life waiting.

We do not have to shame ourselves or accept shame from anyone else, even those in recovery, for making mistakes. The goal of recovery is not to live life perfectly. The goal of recovery is to live, learn our lessons, and make overall progress.

Take a risk. Do not always wait for a guarantee. We don't have to listen to "I told you so." Dust yourself off after a mistake, and then move on to the success.

God, help me begin to take healthy risks. Help me let go of my fear of failure, and help me let go of my fear of success. Help me let go of my fear of fully living my life, and help me start experiencing all parts of this journey.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi All. Doing fine today. Work is keeping me busy, which is good.

Seems like everyone is doing pretty well here. Sorry you lost your post, Casey. That was happening to me a few weeks back. It's frustrating but I try to remember that if it's the worst thing that happens to me, then it's a good day

Catch you guys later.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Lunch time! Just wanted 2 share something funny from this morning on the radio - News about a girl who stole $15,000 worth of Girl Scout cookies and Galvin said "So thats, what, four boxes?"
Old 05-15-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

"The goal of recovery is not to live life perfectly. The goal of recovery is to live, learn our lessons, and make overall progress." I really like this. We may not be perfect but the true goal should be growth. Thanks Bobbie ❤️

Hey MITA!!

Pretty productive day so far. Clean house, worn out pup and tea steeped. Can't complain.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
"The goal of recovery is not to live life perfectly. The goal of recovery is to live, learn our lessons, and make overall progress." I really like this. We may not be perfect but the true goal should be growth. Thanks Bobbie ❤️

Hey MITA!!

Pretty productive day so far. Clean house, worn out pup and tea steeped. Can't complain.
I like that Sam.

Glad you're having a productive day!
Old 05-15-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thoughts/rationalizations were there a little bit ago. Put on my PJs, ordered pizza, waiting for it to be delivered. If I don't leave the house, I can't buy poison, right? Right.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

CaseyW - enjoy your pizza, a happy evening, and a peaceful night's sleep afterwards.
Take care
Old 05-15-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I like your thinking Casey. Wish it was like that here...you can have poison delivered right to your door. Blah
Old 05-15-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Choc chip pizza? Take a risk!!
Old 05-15-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight. Watching a Trump documentary with DH (eye roll) and drinking some Sleepytime Tea....not sure which one will make me sleepier. Lol

Thanks for helping keep me sober today. You guys are awesome!!
Old 05-15-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Didn't drink. Not gonna drink. That's a win. Pizza consumed. Zelda played for the last couple of hours. Going to put on an old movie and try to crash reasonably early. Long day at work tomorrow. Thanks for keeping me sober today.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Sam- interesting choice for a doco. Hope all is well.
Still feeling very fatigued- ...king SORE BITS. but ...I checked outside and it seemed as if the world was about to stop turning because I am feeling like a whiney little shite, so I sent a pm to god telling her to keep on- regardless. Off to a meeting soon.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:49 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Nitey night friends. Thanks for keeping me sober today!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Night, guys.