Notices

Class of March 2016 part 48

Old 05-14-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Morning! Beautiful day out.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies and mums out there! We don't celebrate here and never have so I'm okay with that. About to hop in the shower and then do some cleaning...fun times.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, and Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!!

CH, sorry to hear about your boss. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to that stuff sometimes. I lost a friend recently to lung cancer - she was younger than me, early 40s, and not a smoker - never. She would light up the room with her smile and personality. A lot of people just scratching their heads.

Sam, hope your pup feels better too.

It's been a bad week for me on the abstinence front. I won't bore you with the details, but sometimes having a drinking spouse gets the better (worse, really) of me. There's the constant availability of it, and the turbulence it creates in my life. While that makes it hard, I can't put it all on her - I am the one who makes the decision to drink, I know that. I am back to day 3 today and feeling pretty good.

PJ, I am going to try that chicory coffee - sounds interesting.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Bushell's Coffee and Chicory essence- complete with a little brown man in a fez hat. Coffee stuff is my latest indulgence. Next shop- cloves and nutmeg, cinnamon already got. Salted caramel is nice too. And of course- coffee with drinking chocolate is nice. Do not add sugar. More latte.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

CH - sorry to hear about your boss ❤️❤️

MITA - glad you're here with us

PJ - coffee is not my thing...about to make some tea soon though

Charlie is a little spunkier today....I guess the meds are kicking in.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Tea- with vanilla.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Morning all. About to head to work. Mother's Day is never a very fun one in the restaurant biz but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude. Going to my dad's after that to have dinner with him, my stepmom, my sister and brother-in-law (or whatever he is as I'm not sure if they're married or not), and my nephew and nieces. Probably an AA meeting after that.

I'm not going to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mommas here and thinking of those who are missing their moms. Spending a quiet day with my little bugs and then having my mom over for dinner. Back to 3 weeks today. Grateful to be sober and present today.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thanks Bobbie! He seems to be on the mend but still won't eat much. I finally got to bed around 6:30 am and the freakin neighbor had to start mowing his lawn right outside my bedroom window at 7:30 😡
Old 05-14-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Old 05-14-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

PR I remember watching something on the History Channel a while back ~ there was a serial killer (I think in Chicago) & they believed he and Jack the Ripper were the same guy. It was crazy!

Stopped by Mom's after work with some Starbucks coffee, a gift certificate to one of her favorite restaurants & a Mother's Day card from the other brat in her life....the cat.

Annnnd, I finally picked up a small extension cord so I can plug in my strand of rattan ball lights.....I have them draped around my shadowbox on the wall
Old 05-14-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Pooped. Work was OK but long. My nephew and nieces at the house were OK but loud. No AA meeting tonight. I'm putting my PJs on and not moving out of bed until the morning.

Thanks for keeping me sober one more day.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:28 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Had a busy, family filled, blessed day. Helping youngest unpack her stuff from school right now.

Have a great evening, guys. Thanks for keeping me sober.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

It's BBT time friends. See ya' at startin' fluid time in the mornin'.

Thanks for keeping me sober today!
Old 05-15-2017, 03:12 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

It is that time, my dears! I'm having coffee at home so I don't have to leave so early.

Slacking again ~ it's been 5 days since I've gone to the gym. I feel like I need to roll myself into work. Better snap outta this quick!

Got more of the boys downloaded onto my iPod, so I'm hoping that makes this Monday a little more bearable.

See you all in a little while!
Old 05-15-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Morning!

Well yesterday was kind of an write off...just hung out and watched the entire season of Riverdale. Lol.

Today really will be cleaning and laundry and a walk to the park with Charlie...it's supposed to get up to around 25 degrees here today so a pretty perfect day.

I have been struggling with a bit of depression rearing its ugly head over the past week or so and just also paying attention to that. Meh

Happy Monday folks. Enjoy the day!
Old 05-15-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Mornin' friends. Sippin' startin' fluid and plannin' my day!

Old 05-15-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Purp and Sam remember that relapse is in stages and begins long before you take a drink. Be cautious!!!
Old 05-15-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Quiet here. Hoping all the mothers had a good day. I did think about my mum and sent a prayer- she had a pretty lonely life. Saw counsellor today- all glowing feedback, but I still find the whole thing draining. Suppose change does not occur overnight. Lunchtime meeting- a young lady said had to drink to come to meeting and could not admit to family went on a massive beinder (100 shots in 100 minutes) on Sunday 9Monday night now) because she would lose custody of her son 9about 7). Who woke her up with toast garnished with fruit for mothers day. Lots of people know her so I hope she finds support and her son is safe. She sat next to me- then saw a block of women and nearly ran to suit with them. Dom/Viol would be my thought. Addiction and those it affects really does suck.

On an weird note (the guy saying this thought it was- in reflection- funny)). He said after getting sober he was told to look after plants first- b4 getting a girlfriend. They kept dying- so he bought cactuses. The first serious g/f was in n/a- an she tried to set fire to him- he said he thought it was foreplay. Hopefully will sleep- the first cold bite of winter here (nothing like snow- but cold) and it is really effecting my burnt bits- feel it more than ever and also sore which causes fatigue. Nana naps. Dressing gown now the fashion choice.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wrote a long message. Stupid website logged me out when I went to post it. Short version--I'm awake, I'm not gonna drink, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I hope a good nights sleep helps PJ. Hugs

Purplrks - I'm right there with you needing to get to the gym. Won't be today but maybe some new workout music is in the cards here too

Morning BBG and Casey

Well just back from a sunshiney walk with Charlie. It helped. Now time to clean and find some food....I'm thinking a veggie omelette.