Notices

Class of March 2016 part 48

Old 05-24-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Quote from Pinterest: "If you're struggling, you're progressing" ~ Can that be true?
Old 05-24-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

It's TV time friends. Gonna' hug me a pillow and watch some BBT!!!

Thanks for keeping me sober today.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Night, guys.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Quote from Pinterest: "If you're struggling, you're progressing" ~ Can that be true?
Dunno.

Sometimes I've progressed without a struggle, other times I struggled and progressed, and sometimes I just struggled

D
Old 05-24-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

or progressed WITHOUT struggle?
Old 05-25-2017, 12:13 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Morning!! Up early, already had some startin' fluid and on my way to work. Have an overnight employee who needs to leave early for an appointment at the hospital.

Just read through all the posts yesterday and realized that none of them were mine. Hmm....better be careful to not stray too far.

Well I'm going to keep this short. Fingers crossed I can leave work a little early today. Love you guys!
Old 05-25-2017, 01:58 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

that is early for you Sam. Look after yourself
Old 05-25-2017, 02:02 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
or progressed WITHOUT struggle?
It's not an option I've chosen very often - I tend to go the hardest route by nature- but yeah, thats one of the options, PJ

D
Old 05-25-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Haha Dee, I'm the same way....always making things difficult for myself.

Fingers crossed Sam - early in, early out. Hope your day is fabulous.....let's have some tea later!

Speaking of startin' fluid, it's about that time.....today is like a Friday for me...I actually have tomorrow off! Well, it's for a doctor appointment but long overdue....trying not to think about it so I don't get too nervous!

Have a kickass day everyone!
Old 05-25-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Old 05-25-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

I have just started up an intensive writing online thingy over 7 days being run by a best selling author. First exercise was to write for a set time any stuff that comes to mind- nonstop- from a word prompt. Then highlight what stands out and record these in a safe place. I chose a little pocket-book. There was 1 entry- dated a year ago- when I was living in that hell hole. Roughly the same time I began ghosting SR. Perhaps the cathartic agent may have been the post.
I had lent the guy who ran the place $20, telling him it was all I had and he assured next day give back. He then got high and pissed. I asked for the money back the next day and after a tirade of very abusive language told me to get out of his sight because I disgusted him. wAS SOBER QUITE SOME TIME BY THEN- HE CALLED OUT AFTER ME THAT IT WAS A PITY I WAS NOT STILL DRINKING BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE IT EASIER TO EVICT ME TO HOMELESSNESS. got focussed- caps lock. I immediately went back to my roack ridden room- that was leaking that day with containers to collect the water- to make sure the room was clean and my rent was utd. I made sure I avoided him and was frankly humiliated and ashamed. 6 weeks later I moved out and posted here. I never did get back the bond. A very dangerous person- best left. So thankful a year later to be safe and warm. And for SR.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Morning class. Worked way late last night so didn't check back in when I got home. Though, of course, I still found time to play my video game for a little while. I may be addicted.

Work this morning/afternoon. My aunt/uncle are going to be in town this evening so we're having a big-ish family dinner. Kinda weird they're coming in right now as we're going to be going to visit them in Arkansas week after next. Usually only see them once a year and now this will be twice in two weeks. Should be a fun time as long as the topic steers clear of politics. I'm the lone non-lunatic in my immediate family on that front. I don't bother debating them or anything but just listening to that crap can ruin my mindspace. Just makes me sad to see people who I know are very compassionate and caring to each other be so blind to the needs of others. Love my family anyways but it's wearing at times.

Time to get moving. Shower. Coffee. Etc. Have a safe and sober National Eat Spaghetti With a Spoon Day!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Had a great evening with Sophia. I took my parents too. She is just so much fun right now.

Have AA home group tonight. This is my last night of chairing for this month and I am having a friend speak. We have been friends for over 15 years. I coached his daughter from t-ball thru high school. Our families have socialized together forever. He joined AA about 4 or 5 years ago. I watched him transform. I'm really excited to hear his story.

That's it on the Bobbie front.

I hope everyone has an incredible day!!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Was ujst lookin' - b and cw- you were some of the first to welcome me to the sr community. Thnaks. Grown a little i think.....
Old 05-25-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Sam - holy cow, that's the middle of the night, not morning.

Purple - I'm with Dee. Sometimes we're struggling and not progressing. Although, I guess if we can learn from our struggles, that's progress too.

Phoenix - wow. you've come a long way in a short year. Very proud of you, friend.

Casey - have fun with family. Staying away from spaghetti, esp. with a spoon.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

May 25, 2017
– RED NOSE DAY
– NATIONAL BROWN-BAG IT DAY
– NATIONAL TAP DANCE DAY
– TOWEL DAY
– NATIONAL MISSING CHILDREN’S DAY
Old 05-25-2017, 07:59 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers!

Old 05-25-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

In twelfth step work, the third thing is conviction. Prospects must be convinced that they honestly want to stop drinking. They must see and admit that their life is unmanageable. They must face the fact that they must do something about their drinking. They must be absolutely honest with themselves and face themselves as they really are. They must be convinced that they must give up drinking and they must see that their whole life depends on this conviction. Do I care enough about other alcoholics to help them reach this conviction?

Meditation for the Day

There is no limit to what you can accomplish in helping others. Keep that thought always. Never relinquish any work or give up the thought of any accomplishment because it seems beyond your power. God will help you in all good work. Only give it up if you feel that it's not God's will for you. In helping others, think of the tiny seed under the dark, hard ground. There is no certainty that, when it has forced its way up to the surface, sunlight and warmth will greet it. Often a task seems beyond your power, but there is no limit to what you can accomplish with God's help.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may never become discouraged in helping others. I pray that I may always rely on the power of God to help me.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Well I'm back and I'm about to be a complete and utter downer. I feel so lost. I wish I could just disappear. I want to cry and crawl under the blankets with a bottle of wine. I want the world to stop spinning....just for a minute.

That's me posting before I drink like I always wished I had in the past.

Heading home. Sorry to be the downpour on the parade.

Love you guys ❤️❤️
Old 05-25-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Don't do it, Samantha! The moment will pass and you know a drink ain't the answer. It's why you're here in the first place. Stick close, post often, stay hydrated and eat something...you're in my thoughts.