Notices

Class of March 2016 part 48

Old 05-18-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

(To answer your question FallingLeaves) A little past the two month point here......
Old 05-18-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Checking in on my way home from work. Feeling fine physically but still a little shaken emotionally. Thanks for all the love today....it really means a lot. I am very glad to not be doing this alone. ❤️❤️
Old 05-18-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hey Sam. I understand. It's kind of scary sometimes. Tomorrow will be better than today.

Having a decent day today. Got to the gym for a light workout, now I'm gonna hit the practice range in a bit. I'm off work tomorrow - sometimes the time off is bit of an issue for me, but I need a day off and I won't drink.

Have a good night everyone!
Old 05-18-2017, 04:58 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Just got back from drum therapy ~ still a lot of shyness I have to work through. I've never been good at being put on the spot, or having a lot of attention on me (until I'm drunk - then all of a sudden I'm fearless....) But my teacher pulled up a couple of Audioslave songs for me to practice to, as a tribute to Chris Cornell....

I'm glad I had the opportunity to see him live in concert - twice with Soundgarden and once when he toured with Linkin Park.....I'll never forget when he performed "Hunger Strike" by Temple of the Dog, and Chester from Linkin Park came out & sang it with him. Wow, what a great moment! RIP
Old 05-18-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Alcoholism isn't about how often you drink, or even how much. It's about what happens to you when you drink.
I saw this in another thread and it caught my attention.....
Old 05-18-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

B- I think I will take a raincheck on telling the checkout lady she has pretty eyes. Jail does not suit me. Mind-I do have a new thing I call the ladies (or men) behind the counter and so far it has given a 100% return smile rate,.
At Coles (supermarket chain) I say 'hello Mrs Coles'. At the bank..'hello Ms Westpac' etc.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

It's BBT time friends. Catch ya' at startin' fluid time in the mornin'.

Thanks for keeping me sober today.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Night, BBG! I'm off for a run. Peace out, guys!
Old 05-18-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Had temptation scratching at the door to be let in today;
processed the thought and when I came home I had a good strong cup of tea, and a meal that included onions, horseradish sauce, pickled beets, butter and salt - all those strong tastes and sensations that give me something else to think about.
I'll have a fresh date in a minute too.
And coffee.
With cream.
Satisfying!
Best wishes, everyone xxx
Old 05-18-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Caramel- that is what is in my coffee- salted caramel.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Hi all, just finishing up some Sleepytime tea and then going to call it a night. Have a busy day tomorrow getting ready for our trip. Leaving at 5am Saturday morning so have to have everything ready for hubby to pack the car tomorrow evening. Sigh. I wish I was looking forward to this vacation more, but being around all the booze is going to get old. I guess I can always disappear and come talk to you guys

Sam, hope you're able to sleep well tonight. Things always look better after Day 1's are over. Proud of you for getting right back at it.

Thanks for keeping me sober another day, friends. Love you all.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:10 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Thanks again for today everyone. Your love and support mean everything. Kept busy tonight with some grocery shopping. Now I'm home, in my pjs and eating some chocolate covered raisins. Bed soon and hoping for a good sleep

Bobbie - I will try your challenge but I'm with Purplrks five might be stretching it...lol

LB - we are always here for you. And take it from someone who recently reverted to old habits...it's not worth it

BBG - thanks for sharing your story. Sleep well

MITA - enjoy your day off tomorrow!

PJ - I like your salutations...lol. I can think of a few others but they're probably too inappropriate to share

Hi Caramel! Great job thinking it though tonight.

Welcome fallingleaves! This is an amazing group (but you've probably figured that out by now)

Purplrks - I love Anna's post that you shared. I struggled with that very idea for a long time.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Well off to bed. Love you guys!
Old 05-18-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

"salted caramel" in coffee?
I have no sweet tooth at all, thank goodness!
Very occasionally, like once a year, I might have a few hard candies but always go for the sharp-flavoured ones, lime especially.
I had icecream once last year, for the first time in ten years. Might have dessert once a year at Christmas.
Time for another coffee with cream
Old 05-18-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Purplrks, have you seen the movie "Whiplash". It is excellent - one of the best movies I've seen the past few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2IZyEAOIe4
Old 05-19-2017, 02:48 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Thanks MITA for sharing the link ~ I haven't heard of that movie but I'll have to check it out.

Sending you good vibes for your trip, LB....stay close by if you can. I managed to stay sober for the ABR gig I went to in March & it was eye opening. By the end of the show I noticed other girls who were drunk & sloppy......made me think, That's normally me.....

Well it's Friday I believe. First cuppa startin' fluid in progress!
Old 05-19-2017, 02:49 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Administrator

Been on the sick list for a few days.

Welcome FallingLeaves and welcome back Sam - what happened?

Force yourself out of the house and talking to people Casey - you know it makes sense

hugs and best wishes to everyone else too

D
Old 05-19-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hugs, Dee! Hope you're feeling better!
Old 05-19-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Morning class!

Okay well our summer weather has disappeared and it is COLD again! Should warm up through the day today so all is not lost. Lol.

Dee - hope you're on the mend! As for what happened I don't really know. I did do a lot of the right things - I asked for help, I told on myself, I posted here. But I guess in that last moment the darkness I was feeling overtook everything else. It had been coming for a while and I do feel like I gave a valiant effort but I need to get past the idea that it numbs my pain...because it obviously doesn't. Just makes everything worse. The momentary gratification is not worth the long term feelings of shame and worthlessness. Not sure if any of that makes any sense at all...still working it out in my own head. I have a therapy session on Tuesday to discuss some recent changes to my medication so I am exploring every option.

Morning Purplrks! Happy Friday! Are you off this weekend?

Well I am off to work. I have a dentists appointment tonight as I had a filling fall out a few days ago. Man I hate the dentist. Lol

Have a great day everyone. ❤️❤️
Old 05-19-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

I hope you are on the mend, Dee.
Sam- remember HALTS and triggers over the weekend.
Stay safe LB.
Purp- said a RIP for Chris C. at a lunch time meeting today. Thoughts of mortality. The topic was relapse/busts. I certainly had a lot of experiences to share- and a reminder that material success does not reflect spiritual peace.
Doing a lot of stuff about self esteem and looking at how self perception affects one's view of the world. Ironically based on a doctor by the name of 'Burns'. First found huim when researching the effects of physical burns and depression. Challenfging stuff- if done properly. Today's 'workbook' module looked at how I engaged in various social activities. 300 questions. So intense and challenging when faced without defenc
e mechanisms up.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 200 (permalink)