Notices

One Year & Over Part 50

Old 05-11-2017, 10:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all. Sent off the last MRI and as funny as it sounds my lumbar that I thought I'd blown again has healed up again and I am 90% back to normal. I'm tougher than my fears.

Sorry for my absence. It's been a very busy two weeks. I'm fine, and am glad to see my friends here daily even when I'm not needing or giving just living.

Watching orphan black, picking up new car to me tomorrow, selling the deck from the old house, and getting the RV ready for sale now that I can manage washing and waxing it.

Mags thanks for the poem.

Getting ready to dispose of everything we don't need, and I don't know where we might end up. In an excited way. We've lingered here too long, but took care of our familial obligations as we chose to do. I'm proud of my SH for her love expressed by being there for her folks when they needed to talk, and then needing help on the potty. There are women who nurture as easily as I breath. We breathe easily with them, mothers wives and daughters, Sunday we salute you.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nicely said itchy.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Great poem Mags.

Good to see you back Itchy.

Have the best day you can everyone.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:22 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you for the wonderful poem, Mags.

What I like about Fridays at the office is there is typically no drama.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Making slow but steady progress on my big book project. The boss offered me a fun little side project that I can work on during my summer weekends. Can always use the extra cash.

Can't leave early today as I'm the only one in the office, so no POETS day for me.

Have a Fabulous Friday, overs!
Old 05-12-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

IP, gardening can be so soothing - it used to take me back to the days when I was very young and carefree. Digging in the dirt feels so elemental. I hope you find a more satisfying and enjoyable job next.

Mags, love the poem!

Itchy, glad to hear your back is healing up. You sound like you are "life transitioning" in a very positive way.

Andy , how are you doing?

Happy POETS day to all.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Have a good day Overs!
Old 05-12-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Great tribute to all of the Moms out there, Itchy! Glad your back is healing up.

Have a great Friday all!
Old 05-12-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

It's pouring, again, UGH. My garden looks beautiful in the rain though.
So happy it's POETS day!! I'm procrastinating getting going to work....it's so nice and peaceful here! I love having a garden, it's so nice just to look at.
This weekend's project is getting my extra room converted to a studio so I can start painting! I need to figure out a solution for the floor, it's carpeted with a very light coloured carpet. Ideas? I could ask my landlord if I can pull up the carpet but I doubt he'd go for it.....although maybe he would, hmmm. But what do I know about laying flooring?
I really must get going, have a lovely Friday Overs.
Mags love the poem.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

IP, you could get a piece of linoleum flooring to put over the carpet or they also have those kiddie play area foam tiles that snap together...they have those for garage floors, too, so they come in non-daycare colors.

Morning, all. We are leaving today to go back to the stuffy little apartment. We had a dustup with our contractor who didn't communicate with the groundwork guy, so the house project got stalled suddenly...and he and his wife are blaming...us. Because that's our job. #eyeroll

So we fled out here to the beach, which is wonderfully little changed in the 25 years since we were last here. It's been perfect, even with the rain, but we really can't afford it, so back to the city we go.

And heard this morning my father is in the hospital with basically a fractured lower back from a fall last week. He's in good hands and my sister is on it, thankfully.

So STLEs continue. Love to you all.

Aries
Old 05-12-2017, 08:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good afternoon Overs.

To cut a long story very short. I have high blood pressure, I'm pre-diabetic and my cholesterol is at 8. Oh and I may have inherited hypertrophic cardiomyopathy - thickening of the heart muscle.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs

Oh Andy I'm so sorry this has come on top of your wife's cancer.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aries, you just feel so frustrated! It would've been nice if you could've stayed at the beach. Hopefully your new home won't be too long.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

flyby-hi. Finally heading home tomorrow woohoo!
Old 05-12-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Magsie

Brilliant toots, yaaaayyy
Old 05-12-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Andy, of course you have high blood pressure...you're under insane amounts of stress. Adrenaline and cortisol jack up your blood pressure so that you can run away from the saber tooth tiger faster. Hell, I'm going through NOTHING compared to you and I've been afraid to check mine since Thanksgiving.

Also, don't sweat the cholesterol thing too much. There's a ton of controversy out there about cholesterol and what kind and what size and is diet really a factor. It's also a very interesting coincidence that they modified the guidelines just about the same time that the pharmaceutical companies got approval for statin drugs hmmmm?

Are they giving you any suggestions for how to address these results, given what you're dealing with?

Sending you a big hug...don't be too hard on yourself. Some days it's all you can do to chew through the restraints.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Andy - I'm dealing with many of the same things.

Anxiety and stress can be major factors but a simple change in diet, more exercise (and for me a med to lower BP and pulse) have really helped.

D
Old 05-12-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
instant

Dee my musical exploits have wandered. I am no longer in a band but last year I recorded/produced a few songs of a friend of mine. I am in the process of getting a new small recording set up together and mucking about with midi keys and soft synths.

The technology and computer stuff can be difficult to learn and manage- but I am still hoping to get into another band, or maybe a collaboration
Old 05-12-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds great Instant - all the best

D
Old 05-12-2017, 07:51 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Oh Andy, so sorry you have so much to deal with. Like you and Dee, I need to lower my cholesterol. Diet change was pretty easy. No more ice cream and full fat yogurt every single day. I also had to cut back on coffee (grumble, grumble).

IP, I agree that having a garden is great for maintaining sanity. And I know that Venuscat would agree. There was an article recently saying that women, in particular, need "green space" to avoid depression. I have a lovely perennial garden in my backyard.