Old 05-09-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 621 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
Welcome back pinky!
Hi, jsm
Old 05-09-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 622 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitter62 View Post
Hi Pinky! Welcome Back and Bravo to you for starting over. I didn't see anything in your thread that I felt was derogatory. I think folks are trying to help.
I am just over 5 months and when I had weak moments I always posted here and there was someone around to talk me into my senses. I am grateful and thankful to be doing something I never dreamed I could accomplish. You can do it too! It gets easier, it truly does.
Hi 'ya, quitter.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 623 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Hi, jsm
Hi, Leigh! Hope your day is going great!
Old 05-09-2017, 02:21 PM
  # 624 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
Hi, Leigh! Hope your day is going great!
It's been very nice; thanks, jsm.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:21 PM
  # 625 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Goodnight Guys
Goodnite Neoo. Get some good rest tonight.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 626 (permalink)  

Hi 'ya, Kris.

How is your hubby feeling?

Continuing to pray for both of you.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 627 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi guys. Tuesdays nights my girls sleep at their dad's and my partner is at work until 10pm so I'm home alone for a while. It is lovely and peaceful I must admit! Tomorrow I will have achieved 3 weeks of sobriety which I'm very grateful for but I've taken it upon myself to do some reading around SR during my evening alone. In particular I've been reading about kindling, withdrawals and risky time frames in the first year. I guess I needed to reinforce tonight exactly where I am, what I am and keep learning so that I can spot any early relapse kind of thinking straight away. The fear of my last withdrawal won't last forever so this it is important that I never forget what I'm trying to do here and it is quite simple.......saving my life.

Take care everyone
Good for you, Jo. We have to re-acess ourselves from time to time.

"We get a daily reprieve based on our spiritual condition."

It's easier to do the work to stay sober than to look for all that courage it took to get sober.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 628 (permalink)  

Take of yourself, dear Red.

Have lots of fluids today to ward off whatever the sore throat may be signaling.

Sometimes our movements forward occur in tiny fractions of an inch at a time so imperceptible that we don't notice them. Suddenly we realize that we have made true progress.

Have faith; stay the course.

We do this together; lean on us.
Aww, thank you! I was quite moody this morning but there's nothing that needs to be 'fixed' or changed. It passes on its own. That's something I notice about the sober mindset. It's cool to feel all sorts of great, terrible, and normal feelings without having to throw booze at them. I'm a little under the weather, so, yeah, I am a bit kookoo I need to relax tonight. And be patient. You are right. I can't see progress in my life but it's just slow. Sober is always the way. thank you

I like your posts a lot Jo. I am going to do the same--spend more time on my recovery. I too tend to 'forget' after a month or two and don't always recognize when thoughts of escape start up. It really does start well before the relapse. I start thinking I need to run away. When I realize it's not that simple, I consider running away in place! Need time, courage and patience.

Hi Kris! It's lovely to read your posts to everyone, every day. It's been very wonderful on this thread lately--of course, it always is but maybe I am finally slowing down enough to notice? I don't know, I just know you are a positive influence in my life every day--and others as well. Thank you.

And Suze! I hope you're settling in more every day. We're so happy to have you here in the States.

Neo, I was reading back and saw that you bought a domain? That is so exciting. An entrepreneur. I am very happy to hear that and proud of you, friend. I hope to find the courage one day--thank you for the inspiration.

Phoenix! Would you have a joke, please?

24 more please and love to you all. I am so grateful to be up to a couple weeks again.

Red

5:30p
Old 05-09-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 629 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24 hours. Finally finished one of my Buddhist course modules last night. So glad to finish that one as the teacher was not inspiring. Yay, onto the next module which is a heavy duty one about enlightenment for the benefit if all sentient beings. Even Richard Gere says its a major topic. Hehehe...whoo its cold. I really need gloves. My poor fingers freeze on my runs.

Congrats to the milestoners ! Welcome back Pinky ! Together we progress along the sober path !

Another 24 hours of loving kindness, joy and sobriety pls ! Its 8:32am here !
Old 05-09-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 630 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Aww, thank you! I was quite moody this morning but there's nothing that needs to be 'fixed' or changed. It passes on its own. That's something I notice about the sober mindset. It's cool to feel all sorts of great, terrible, and normal feelings without having to throw booze at them. I'm a little under the weather, so, yeah, I am a bit kookoo I need to relax tonight. And be patient. You are right. I can't see progress in my life but it's just slow. Sober is always the way. thank you

I like your posts a lot Jo. I am going to do the same--spend more time on my recovery. I too tend to 'forget' after a month or two and don't always recognize when thoughts of escape start up. It really does start well before the relapse. I start thinking I need to run away. When I realize it's not that simple, I consider running away in place! Need time, courage and patience.

Hi Kris! It's lovely to read your posts to everyone, every day. It's been very wonderful on this thread lately--of course, it always is but maybe I am finally slowing down enough to notice? I don't know, I just know you are a positive influence in my life every day--and others as well. Thank you.

And Suze! I hope you're settling in more every day. We're so happy to have you here in the States.

Neo, I was reading back and saw that you bought a domain? That is so exciting. An entrepreneur. I am very happy to hear that and proud of you, friend. I hope to find the courage one day--thank you for the inspiration.

Phoenix! Would you have a joke, please?

24 more please and love to you all. I am so grateful to be up to a couple weeks again.

Red

5:30p
Love to you, Red.

And, yeah, how about a joke or two, PhoenixJ.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 631 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Checking in for 24 hours. Finally finished one of my Buddhist course modules last night. So glad to finish that one as the teacher was not inspiring. Yay, onto the next module which is a heavy duty one about enlightenment for the benefit if all sentient beings. Even Richard Gere says its a major topic. Hehehe...whoo its cold. I really need gloves. My poor fingers freeze on my runs.

Congrats to the milestoners ! Welcome back Pinky ! Together we progress along the sober path !

Another 24 hours of loving kindness, joy and sobriety pls ! Its 8:32am here !
Hope the next module is more exciting, too, Kaneda.

Love to you
Old 05-09-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 632 (permalink)  

Celebration time!

CONGRATULATIONS to Croutie, Rainy, Sunflower, Timeforchange and Tinker on 1 beautiful week, Site with a fantastic 4 months and Suzie with a strong 1 year and 1 month of sobriety!

Serving up a Strawberry Dream Cake. Lets enjoy all their accomplishments and ODAAT!

Old 05-09-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 633 (permalink)  

Hi 'ya, Kris.

How is your hubby feeling?

Continuing to pray for both of you.
Thanks for asking.

He's sleeping right now. He had a tiring day. The rest should be good for him.

So are you 2 all settled in now?
Old 05-09-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 634 (permalink)  

Sleep is so good - healing!!!!!
Old 05-09-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 635 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Celebration time!

CONGRATULATIONS to Croutie, Rainy, Sunflower, Timeforchange and Tinker on 1 beautiful week, Site with a fantastic 4 months and Suzie with a strong 1 year and 1 month of sobriety!

Serving up a Strawberry Dream Cake. Lets enjoy all their accomplishments and ODAAT!

That's a Dream Cake, beyond a doubt.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:14 PM
  # 636 (permalink)  

Calling it a day here.

Sweet sober Dreams Everyone.......................

Old 05-09-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 637 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Calling it a day here.

Sweet sober Dreams Everyone.......................

Sweet sober dreams to you, Kris.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 638 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread is here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-242-a.html