Notices

Class of March 2016 part 47

Old 05-01-2017, 11:13 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Thinking of you MITA. That's rough ❤️

Hey Bobbie....my hubby is the same. He can stop and stay stopped for as long as he wants but we have had the conversation that it can be problematic and that it's not a lifestyle he wants to live consistently. Take care of yourself today

BBG - not the coffee maker!! I don't drink coffee but I do use our Kuerig for hot water when I am desperate and typically have a variety of tea steepers around. Speaking of which it feel like a nice afternoon for a cuppa Hot Chocolate tea!!
Old 05-01-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Hugs, MITA. Hope your day passes uneventfully. My husband and daughters started just ignoring me if I was drinking. I would get so frustrated. "I'm not drunk." Yet, was usually the reply. That really used to get me. But it worked.
Haha. That's what I try and do most of the time. She got mad at me once because I was not talking with her. I said, "I'm sorry, but I don't speak drunk". That really pissed her off, and I have to admit I said it with a little bite. But it doesn't really come up anymore
Old 05-01-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I did feel bad after I said it. I know things like that are hurtful and not helpful. I also know I can't really claim any moral high ground when it comes to drinking. Sometimes these things slip out. I'm far from perfect.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:41 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Oh god- is there no peace (just mine- nothing profound). Got to be @ 0400. Woke up @ 0530ish after a nightmare on steroids laced with hell flavour. Actually work up tachy and sweating.

Then knog awoke. Like Ahab stalking the fore 1/4 of the Pequod- click, thump - drag. There are bangs, squeaks, whistles and whines. Even the water sounds aggressive. Oh the outside door just slammed- why? still up there- scrape...
And the snoring- unbelievable. Knog could put Lucas's Industrial Light magic effects company 9for sound) out of business.
No sleep now...
One thing I do know is not to take too much notice of dreams. Brain just plays reruns and gets the images all mixed up.
Take care y'all.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Still, sounds like something my husband would have said to me. Nothing too mean. Just enough to let me know I wasn't getting away with anything.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sorry if I'm not "thanking" every post. I keep getting logged out randomly. But I promise I'm reading!

Work was slow. Cooking an early dinner now and then heading to a 6:30 AA meeting.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Found a new phone charger! Yay ~ so it is back on and I'm home from the "devil exercise" as Sam calls it LOL

Having my phone off today forced me to crack open one of the books I bought a while back....The Dirt by Motley Crue. Each story is told from each band member's point of view. I can tell it's gonna be good. I only got a couple pages read because lunch is only 1/2 hour, but note to self: Don't try reading this one while eating!

Lately I've been having more moments of anxiety that come out of nowhere. Like my Mom has been going to Al-Anon meetings and every once in a while I start wondering How much is she telling these people? Who is she talking to? Does she specify who she is talking about? Total paranoia, I know. I don't want to ask her though. I should just keep doing my thing & try not to worry so damn much....

Oh and I thought of you BBG earlier at Target - looking at dvds I saw they had BBT and I was like "That's what BBG should get so he doesn't have to keep waiting for episodes to come on tv! Just get the whole series!" I'm weird like that.

Anyway, there I go babbling again.......
Old 05-01-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Oh and I thought of you BBG earlier at Target - looking at dvds I saw they had BBT and I was like "That's what BBG should get so he doesn't have to keep waiting for episodes to come on tv! Just get the whole series!" I'm weird like that.
Gotta' get that Purp!!!
Old 05-01-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Well crap.....trying to wean myself from social media but my favorite rock star has joined Instagram! So of course I joined so I can follow him, right? There's an adorable pic of him sitting in a field with a golden retriever....I knew he was a dog person! Ok I know he's married, but we could always clone him, right?!?
Old 05-01-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Getting ready to call it a night.

See you all tomorrow!!
Old 05-01-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Nitey night Sam.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Night Sam.

Purple - you're freaking funny.

See ya BBG.

Casey - I was a little butt hurt that you didn't like one of my bajillion posts. It hurt my feelings. Just kidding!! Have a good evening.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Oh my way to lay down and watch tv. No BBT so I guess it's an "Everybody Loves Raymond" night.

Thanks for keeping me sober today friends!!!
Old 05-01-2017, 07:57 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

So ready to call it a day. It was a really crappy day.

Good night, here's to tomorrow!
Old 05-02-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I finally ended up taking that Myers-Briggs personality test; I believe we were discussing that a while back. Definite INTP here. Makes a lot of sense!

PR I hope you have a fabulous Tuesday to make up for the crappy day yesterday.....

Having some startin' fluid ~ still trying to figure what I want to do with my future, but I think I'm overthinking it, I think.....guess that ton of bricks isn't ready to hit me yet.

Have a rockin' day, friends!
Old 05-02-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Enjoyin' startin' fluid from my new startin' fluid maker. I only bought the one though. I broke my food processor a couple months ago so I got a new one of those instead. Gonna' make ham salad with it today!

Don't know what else is in store for the day but I do hope all of you have a great one!
Old 05-02-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Morning!!

PR - hope your day is better today!

Purplrks - I don't know what I want to be when I grow up either....except independently wealthy....no luck so far

Morning BBG - we are having ham today too!!

Well I have no real plans today....waiting to hear if I might have to go into work for a bit. Fingers crossed I don't.

Be back after I find some highly caffeinated beverage
Old 05-02-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

PR - have a good day - better than crappy.

BBG - glad you got your startin' fluid situation taken care of. Was worried about you for a minute.

Purple - I'm still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. I like Sam's idea of independently wealthy. Let's work on that.

Sam - Hope you didn't have to go to work. Enjoy your day off.

Peace out people!
Old 05-02-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, sorry I've been absent. I've been doing some soul searching. I'm hanging in there though. BARELY but still here. Have a good day. Love u!
Old 05-02-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Hey, Kiki!