Notices

Class of March 2016 part 47

Old 04-30-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Thank you for keeping me sober today friends!
Old 04-30-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Just checking in after a busy, but good weekend. 1 week sober, again. I can't help but think how tomorrow would have been 60 days. Trying not to keep beating myself up, but sometimes it's hard. Onwards and upwards, right?

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Love you all xxx
Old 04-30-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

yep - upwards.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:51 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Another night sober and in bed. Today was a very long day and very emotional. Through this all and I'm still sober. How the heck did I get this right for a change? I have reached my breaking point emotionally and mentally and I can't even imagine drinking right now. Or maybe this isn't my breaking point and av is waiting to sneak in. It doesn't matter I'm still preparing myself for it to come and I think I have a good collection of tools to use when it does.

Just curious has anyone heard of an alcoholic getting sober their first time quitting? I think my husband is bs ing himself if he thinks hmitsbthat easy. Be told me nkt everyone is the same. He thinks it's a piece of cake and is cured
Old 05-01-2017, 02:41 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I'm not sure Keets but I guess it's possible(?) Maybe it doesn't have the same effect on him like the rest of us. Or maybe he is bs-ing himself like you said. Either way, it's good to see you working through this. Hugs!

It looks like the charger to my phone is officially clocked out, so I may not be able to check in until I get a new one later. Gonna be a long day! It's ok tho, glad to be here with you guys. Gonna have some cereal & startin' fluid to get the day rollin'

And maybe I do need a new hobby.....but drinking used to be my hobby. Now I'm finally feeling I can be goofy and have fun without it. Uh, oh, I'm back to where I was before I started drinking. 39 going on 13. You all have had plenty of notice ~ it's the rest of the world who should be worried! Sorry, not sorry
Old 05-01-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Keets- all I can say is- I used to say that and it was b-s. Al-anon may be a way of getting some f-f support. Support to you, PJ.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Administrator

I went back to drinking many times because I confused abstinence with control.

I still hope your hubby is done with drinking, Keets but the concept of being cured ? to me it doesn't bode well for that...

D
Old 05-01-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Morning class!!

LB - 60 days minus 1 is 59 days....a very good number

Keets - I'm no expert on alcoholism but I'm pretty sure there's no cure. That being said however I'm sure your husbands path will be one of discovery and growth...just like all of us. Praying for you both.

PJ - hi!!

Purplrks - 39 going on 13....not sure I'd want to be 13 again lol....maybe 25. Glad you're here with us ❤️

Well woke up cranky this morning but going to fix that with a trip to the gym. Funny how exercise, which seems like the devil, actually makes you feel better in the end.

Off to find some startin' fluid. Happy Monday!!
Old 05-01-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good mornin' Marchers. Sippin' startin' fluid gettin' ready for the day. Hope 'everybody had a great weekend.

Keets read my sig file. I think that applies to all alcoholics!
Old 05-01-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Day 8 ... better than Day 1, right? Sam, I'm headed to the gym this morning too to try to help lift my spirits. Hope it works for both of us I didn't sleep well last night and have a busy day ahead. And it's cloudy and dreary out and the house is a mess, again. Meh.

Wishing you all a sober and peaceful day. Will check back later.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Morning Marchers.

I made a mistake on Saturday and cleared my browser history/cookies on my computer and now it's a fight and a half to get logged back in here on SR. Not sure what's going on there.

Already been a busy morning. Now it's time for work. AA meeting or two tonight. Wishing everyone a safe and sober day.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Morning BBG!

Have a great day at work Casey!

LB - did the gym life your spirits? I was ready to go early this morning and my daughter asked me to wait so she could come along...well I waited and waited...and she just cancelled. Blah. Hope the treadmill has some extra positive energy today. On my way now.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Morning, March people!

My husband quit drinking when I went into the hospital. He did it for me. But, that being said, we have discovered he was a problem drinker - not an alcoholic. He has had no problems quitting and staying quit. He is also my biggest supporter - he has read and researched what I have been going through every step of the way. I am lucky. Also, it wasn't like that at first. He thought he could quit, why was it so hard for me...So, you know what's in your heart, you know there is a lot of work to be done. Hopefully, you guys can find a way to work through it together.

Purple - I'm 12 - so we could probably hang out together.

LB - you are doing an awesome job!

Sam - work out for me too, please. I haven't had time.

BBG - Good freaking morning!

Phoenix - you should be asleep, but I know you aren't, so hey.

Casey - I have those log in issues now too. It is frustrating but manageable. I think they are working on it.

AK - hi.

Dee- Have a great day ( because I know you are asleep and will see this when you wake up!)

So - have an awesome day, March people!
Old 05-01-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Well just shucks 'n be darned. My startin' fluid maker has bit the dust!!! Oh well, Didn't need another pot this mornin' anyway.

On my way to Walmart for a new one!!!
Old 05-01-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Holy crap, BBG - that is a problem of epic proportions. Glad you have Walmart.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:11 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Almost had a heart attack Bobbie. LOL.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I have an abundance of coffee pots now. I wanted a French press after the power went out one morning. That seems to be a regular occurrence in our community. My husband got me one for Christmas. When he was gone for 6 week earlier this year he said the coffee pot was gross there so he ordered a French press. Now we have two. Then about a month ago I got my Christmas present from my brother (we draw names every year) and guess what he got me......yup a French press
Old 05-01-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

PR I might just get two so I have a backup. What if this one had died before my first pot!!!
Old 05-01-2017, 10:22 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

BBG, I am truly sorry to hear about your coffee maker. Maybe buy two this time? Just in case? I have a drip maker, a Keurig, a French press and an espresso machine. I am a little bit of a coffee snob.

Keets, I do know a few people who were heavy, problem drinkers that just quit - one and done. I don't know any of them would consider themselves cured. But they've been sober a long time. They are certainly the exception and I think more people get fooled in early sobriety. Good luck with everything.

I feel your pain in general. My wife's drinking has picked up lately. She's been drinking before 10:00am the last 3 or 4 days - including today. I'll be okay, but these are not the fun days.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 05-01-2017, 10:54 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Hugs, MITA. Hope your day passes uneventfully. My husband and daughters started just ignoring me if I was drinking. I would get so frustrated. "I'm not drunk." Yet, was usually the reply. That really used to get me. But it worked.