Notices

Class of March 2016 part 47

Old 04-30-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Morning all!! Slept through my alarm...eek!! Woke up with an hour before work. So must keep this short.

AL - vent as much as you need to...that's why we are here. Praying for you ❤️ Also happy birthday to your little guy!!

Purplrks - maybe I can be a groupie....no musical ability here.

PJ - Kong was pretty good....although a little far fetched as you would guess. I too, am realizing that life is not always bad.....but those old "wine-googles" sure made it seem that way.

MITA - hi!!

Well I am off. It's raining here and that coupled with my late start makes me want to crawl back into bed. Fingers crossed peopling isn't too difficult today. Love you all!! ❤️❤️
Old 04-30-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Sam- how do you 'ing' people?

Interesting- just got diverted, there is a doco on- about the significance of W/Disney on popular contemporary culture. One of his first animated cartoons (which he did by himself- made a loss, still young, no money) was shown in a very small theatre- this was shown with him in the back of an open topped old car- holding a card-b handwritten sign- stating the showing of the cartoon 'at the ISIS theatre'.
Oh the irony.

Was not going to share- but part of putting on big boy pants is to explore emotions and feelings. A few on the threads had reflected such shares help them. Well it helps me a little. Ester- big one family (alcie dad- priest), last week 30 or so years ago- I was married, tomorrow is the date my bro died in same bed I was in the same ICU in- both from booze. I watched him die. I of course am a reincarnate Frankenstein. My other bro- told me on waking up from a coma in that bed- dad was dead. Also found my son's f-b pages 9by accident after trying to find my other bro's)- they are thriving, sent a very quiet hi to them- no contact. Sigh. Lots of flashback and feeling sad. But ther first thing I did when I saw my sons on fb 9the first images I have seen for 3 years) was make a cup of tea, eat toast and paint.

Tomorrow here is May 1, your Mayday.
Again - oh the irony.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Quiet Sunday here. Phoenix, pretty significant dates for you. Sucks you have to go it alone. I still think we need to fix you up. If Knog is out of the question, we'll find someone else. Maybe we should get you on a dating site. That's a great idea! I'll start working on your profile.

DH is moving around. Medicine is kicking in.

Hope you all have a fantastic Sunday!
Old 04-30-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Good morning! Waiting for more startin fluid to brew. I could have slept for another 3 or 4 hours but my wee one has to get up with the chickens and I was up way to late watching Harry Potter. It appears the man flu is in full force.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

B- I was watching a doco on how people meet in virtual worlds- online, and how they use their fantasy avatars to connect. The was I lady- about 230 pounds, 35ish whose avatar was a (honestly0 skanky, sexy 18 year old girl, with big assets. Her focus of passion- his avatar was the male equivalent, in real life about 4 feet high, 30 and lived with his mum, work sleeveless woollen vests and thick glasses. They met in person and got married anyway. I do not think that is one to share with the young.

My avatar? Frankenstein.
Took another leap of risky faith- apllied to do a volunteer role in city , for arts/culture thingy at the city library. Form asked about medical conditions, referees.
Well it is hard to hide the maimed hand- so wrote down what, but not why. Will not share that. As to referees/ Still have 1 friend who talks to me and my weird old sponsor who I call dad- he calls me 'boy'). He is 76 going on 76,638.
Also had to inform bro- the doc as he is my emer contact. He does not really talk to me either. So lots of new stuff and moving out of my comfort zones again.

Hope the family is okay,PR.
Harry Potter??? We have moved on here- every week now until god knows- LORD OF THE RINGS!!! Then of course the next Star Wars release for xmas- do all of those reruns again.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I've never seen any of the lord of the rings and probably never will. I think I've seen 2 of the Star Wars movies. We are definitely a Potter family 😉
Old 04-30-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

PJ - sorry this is such a hard time for you. Keep posting about it...we are here for you

Bobbie - glad hubby is in the move...I guess the Florence Nightingale gig is up

PR - morning!!

So far peopling has been okay. And yes peopling is a word...it's the act of dealing with or having to do with people - a synonym would be something like craziness or stupidity. I
Old 04-30-2017, 09:21 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

PJ - the volunteer opportunity sounds perfect for you. Hoping it all works out ❤️
Old 04-30-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi guys, been super busy with all the stuff going on. Not much has changed yet in my situation. We did have our 10 year anniversary yesterday. We went out to a fancy dinner and talked about what next. That's progress. One thing he said bothered me though and it reminded me how even if he is 2 weeks sober he is still lying to himself about his alcoholism. He said he figured it out about why he drinks . He said a cold beer sounds good when he comes home from work because he works hard. but he realized it was because he was craving the carbonation.
Um no buddy that's not why you drink sigh. Makes me think about how I need to stay sober and worry about myself at the mkment. I can't worry about fixing him or I won't continue to grow and work on myself.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Happy anniversary, Keets. 10 years is a big deal and if you guys make it through this you will be stronger and better. Cute profile pic. I like the color of your hair.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Happy anniversary Keets!

Well on my way home (man it's cold!) and the start of two days off (woot!) Something about waking up sober and hangover free on a day with nothing to do sounds absolutely amazing.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

What's up everyone! I need to catch up on reading posts....but I had a little too much fun making this & wanted to share. Some of my favorite rock stars as Chippendales dancers. OMG you guys!

JibJab.com - Holiday eCards, Christmas eCards, Birthdays, Music Videos, and more

Last edited by Dee74; 04-30-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Lol Purplrks!! Too funny!!

Just got home and making a tea. You guys might get sick of me tonight.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Here's another one OMG which one is better?!?!

JibJab.com - Holiday eCards, Christmas eCards, Birthdays, Music Videos, and more

Last edited by Dee74; 04-30-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Haha! Both are good...I like the first one best!!
Old 04-30-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Purps - please find a new hobby. Fast!! Haha.

Happy anniversary Keets. I like that avatar, too.

Pretty good day so far today. Tonight on Starz is the beginning of their new series American Gods, based on the Neil Gaiman novel. The novel is a great, and pretty quick, read. For those of you up on contemporary music, Gaiman is married to Amanda Palmer of the Dresden Dolls. I'd consider her more of a performance artist than a pure musician - she dabbles in a number of mediums, and was recently part of a poetry reading event at the Lincoln Center.

Hope everyone's Sunday is going well
Old 04-30-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry Purp...I think your jib jabs enter NSFW territory...as many people access SR through the day, at work, we have a worksafe rule here on SR for obvious reasons.

Whoever didn't see them that wants to
can PM you.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 04-30-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Ohhh, I didn't think about that....well, crap! Thanks Dee
Old 04-30-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I was riding the roller coaster of emotions earlier today...happy, sad, grumpy....the full gamut. I ate some good food (and maybe some ice cream) and am now feeling a little more even keeled. Heading to bed soon and hoping to sleep in a little tomorrow. Thanks for being here today...you guys are awesome!!
Old 04-30-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hola all! I was told that we're halfway to Halloween today. Yay!
Happy anniversary Keets!
Oh, and thanks for the reminder about the Starz show MITA, I had been looking forward to that.
Well onward to Monday and another crazy busy workweek. Nighters all!