SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 236 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/408571-24-hour-recovery-connection-part-236-a.html)

SoberLeigh 04-25-2017 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6429755)
http://www.desiglitters.com/wp-conte...r-Graphics.gif

to you and your husband... :) :hug: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

:)!Suze! :)

SoberLeigh 04-25-2017 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mizzuno (Post 6429761)
24 more please and Thank You.

A bit of a tough day. I have multiple facets in my work. Expectations are quite high with upper management. I can reach some of those expectations and then some are unrealistic.

This morning, a friend mentioned my Birthday. Asked me if I remember the event. Asked twice if I remember. As if I blacked out. I didn't and yes I do remember. I remember that I was not in control of my words. I remember. Even though it was a good time shame covered me like a blanket today. I couldn't shake it. I was trapped in feeling. The flood gates of emotions opened and I was raw for the remaining of my day.

I remember. I know. I understand that Im an alcoholic. I cannot erase this fact.

I know I am growing. These sudden feelings of shame are bound to come. They only helped to solidify that I no longer have to live in a space of not knowing my words or actions. I choose to remember and be in control of my actions now. It's such a relief. Im free of the cycle of destruction tonight. All we have is this moment to make a different decision.

Have a good night all.

((((dear sweet Mizz))). I am so sorry that your day was a tough one. You persevered through the day despite its challenges and did so sober; I am/we are so proud of you.

Each sober day we live and love soon becomes part of our past, a past we can be proud of.

Be proud of today, dear Mizz - a sober day well-lived.

Sending you love.

SoberLeigh 04-25-2017 08:10 PM

Goodnight, dear USA-ers. Sweet dreams.

SoberLeigh 04-25-2017 08:11 PM

Sleep on peacefully, dear UK-ers and Europeans.

See you tomorrow.

SoberLeigh 04-25-2017 08:11 PM

Good morning/afternoon, dear Aussies.

Have a lovely day, dear ones.

Quincy 04-25-2017 08:15 PM

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of exercising my wisdom? Thank you.

Vinificent 04-25-2017 08:19 PM

23:15 EDT and another 24 for me! Here I am pushing the envelope of time again. Every morning I swear to go to sleep early and again every evening I am here until (almost ) the next day...sounds like my drinking days when the morning commitment was destroyed by happy hour. So grateful to no longer be in THAT place.

SoberLeigh 04-25-2017 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Quincy (Post 6429780)
May I please have another 24 hours with a side of exercising my wisdom? Thank you.

Wishing you an intellectual day, Quincy :)

SoberLeigh 04-25-2017 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Vinificent (Post 6429787)
23:15 EDT and another 24 for me! Here I am pushing the envelope of tI'm again. Every morning I swear to go to sleep early and again every evening I am here until (almost ) the next day...sounds like my drinking days when the morning commitment was destroyed by happy hour. So grateful to no longer be in THAT place.

Sounds familiar, Vini. :lmao

It's far past the bewitching hour :)

THAT place was so dreadful, wasn't it????? Why in the world did we hang out there for so long?????

Vinificent 04-25-2017 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6429792)
Sounds familiar, Vini. :lmao

It's far past the bewitching hour :)

THAT place was so dreadful, wasn't it????? Why in the world did we hang out there for so long?????

Yes that place WAS dreadfull dear Leigh! But I will take a tired and groggy morning over a hangover any day 😎

SoberLeigh 04-25-2017 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Vinificent (Post 6429796)
Yes that place WAS dreadfull dear Leigh! But I will take a tired and groggy morning over a hangover any day 😎

Amen!!!!

venuscat 04-25-2017 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mystikaldawn (Post 6428239)
Its only been 25 hours for me, and us here in Newfoundland love our Newfie Screech... But I would love another 24 hours away from it!

Best wishes everyone!

Welcome Mystikaldawn! So very glad you joined us love.
So many hugs and wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow. :hug: ♥

Goat 04-25-2017 08:32 PM

I am the champion :)

https://tvtypes.files.wordpress.com/...mpion-goat.jpg

SoberLeigh 04-25-2017 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Goat (Post 6429805)

So very cute, Goat. :)

venuscat 04-25-2017 08:33 PM

^^^ of what my love? ;) ♥

venuscat 04-25-2017 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6429768)
:)!Suze! :)

Hello darling. :hug: ♥

venuscat 04-25-2017 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mizzuno (Post 6429761)
24 more please and Thank You.

A bit of a tough day. I have multiple facets in my work. Expectations are quite high with upper management. I can reach some of those expectations and then some are unrealistic.

This morning, a friend mentioned my Birthday. Asked me if I remember the event. Asked twice if I remember. As if I blacked out. I didn't and yes I do remember. I remember that I was not in control of my words. I remember. Even though it was a good time shame covered me like a blanket today. I couldn't shake it. I was trapped in feeling. The flood gates of emotions opened and I was raw for the remaining of my day.

I remember. I know. I understand that Im an alcoholic. I cannot erase this fact.

I know I am growing. These sudden feelings of shame are bound to come. They only helped to solidify that I no longer have to live in a space of not knowing my words or actions. I choose to remember and be in control of my actions now. It's such a relief. Im free of the cycle of destruction tonight. All we have is this moment to make a different decision.

Have a good night all.

(((Mizz))) ♥

I know love....I know exactly how that feels.

But, we can choose ~ as you did today ~ to let go of the shame and the pain, because we are not those people anymore.

I am so proud of you, and so proud to be your friend on this journey.
All of us together are truly amazing. :HUG: ♥

SoberLeigh 04-25-2017 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6429810)
Hello darling. :hug: ♥

:wave: and nite-nite,

venuscat 04-25-2017 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by dreamsoffreedom (Post 6428387)
11.29 Here & checking in. Hi All.

Welcome ~ so very glad you joined us.
Sending love and hugs. :hug: ♥

venuscat 04-25-2017 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6429815)
:wave: and nite-nite,

Goodnight and sweet dreams. :hug: ♥