Notices

Class of March 2016 part 46

Old 04-22-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Mini vacay plans have been set in motion....still a couple of months away, but I wanted my trip to have a purpose and hopefully keep me out of trouble. 2 days off at the end of June....couple hours drive from here....time off approved & hotel booked near the beach. What's attracting me to that particular area is a studio where The ABR Band (above mentioned hero drummer) recorded their album. Turns out they have a school there where you can learn all about the process of recording, sound & editing, (maybe I can finally find out what "pro tools" means!) But it's a 6 month program & I just made an appointment to take a tour of their facility while I'm visiting. I'd have to relocate, maybe in a year, and I imagine I would have to be around people, but I can't hide from the world forever. Guy on the phone asked how I heard of them & I mentioned how I'm a fan of Apocalypse Blues Revue....he said what great guys they are

Sorry fort the long windedness....then again you're all probably used to it by now! :
Old 04-22-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

CH that Goat Yoga video was hysterical! I wouldn't even be able to hold any poses without laughing the whole time!
Old 04-22-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Checking in on my way home from work. Have a Sour Watermelon Iced Tea...yumm!

It was a sold out day so super busy...don't know how I ever did this while drinking. Fun guest story of the day...a guest who booked a room with one king bed decided at checkin that he needed two beds in his room. I advised him that we were sold out and didn't have any and he called me a liar and told me he was going to call the police on me because he knew that according to the law hotels have to keep rooms aside and not sell them just in case of emergency. Huh? I handed him the phone and offered to dial for him. Lol

Tonight is just going to be another quiet night. I'm off Monday so tomorrow is finally my Friday...can't come soon enough.

Hope you're all doing well. Love you!! ❤️❤️
Old 04-22-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Purplrks - I laughed when I read your post....you said two days off and vacation...lol. Most people consider a week or ten days a vacation. I think we are cut from the same cloth because two days off...in a row seems like heaven to me. Lol. I hope you enjoy it!!
Old 04-22-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Sam I love the story about handing that guy the phone! You would love my Dad. He used to work at the post office and one lady complained when he gave her the shipping total (tourist mailing a box of shells, btw) she said "I can drive it there myself for cheaper than that!" so he calmly pushed the box back across the counter to her without saying anything, like OK, bye!

No wonder where I got my work personality.....after 27 years he was next in line to become postmaster....he practically gave them the finger while turning down the position, saying "you couldn't pay me enough" then demoted himself 'cause he knew he was retiring soon.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Re-Member

$17 total from two different stores this morning:

Ate some fried chicken for lunch, napped, played some Zelda, and just spent a few hours at my dad's visiting with the family and having an early spaghetti dinner. My 2-year old niece is saying my name more and more clear every time I see her. About to jump in the shower and then head to an AA meeting.

Hope everyone is having a nice, sober weekend!
Old 04-22-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

More Saturday night eye candy for Purps! My boy Vince Carter & the Grizzlies are playing & it's actually televised....I just realized they're in the playoffs! Shows how much I pay attention!
Old 04-22-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Eight episodes of BBT tonight. Gonna' lay down and watch. A little tired so prolly will fall asleep before I see them all.

Thanks for keeping me sober today!!!
Old 04-22-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Family room is done except for vacuuming the walls and ceiling. I figured out how to take apart a sectional sofa, too! I'm going to sleep like a rock tonight.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

I'm coming up on my one year anniversary for my shoulder surgery. The first 6 months or so after surgery were really tough. Physical therapy 3x a week, lots of pain while healing, crap sleep and even some insomnia in the mix. It just dawned on me how much heavy moving I did today and my shoulder feels right as rain. Very, very thankful to be on the other side of that journey. It's not 100% back to normal (still some limitation in range of motion), but it's 95%...and it works just fine for what I need to do (i.e., I'm not an overhead athlete!). Just something that popped in my mind tonight.

Sleep well/have a great day, depending on where you plant your feet.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

BE careful, CH- you still do not have superpowers. BUT good you are healing.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:21 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

I love sharing my life with family and friends on social media but WHAT makes a person think everyone wants to hear about your PMS, heavy period, or that you plan on having sex tonight? Where is it in the Facebook rules that you have to share EVERYTHING????
Old 04-22-2017, 08:23 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

PJ - oh, yes. Not pushing myself beyond reason. No reinjury for me!
Old 04-22-2017, 11:00 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Night guys.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Feelin' great this mornin'. Slept really well last night.

If today is typical though brain fog will hit in an hour or so. I've been having that every day right before I eat breakfast.

I've been researching PAWS. I think that must be what's going on with me.

I would appreciate it if anybody can point me in a direction for how to counteract that. I hate it!!!
Old 04-23-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

BB- for me it is the usual stuff advice- HALTS, see a doc, meetings- counselling. Have you tried mindful meditation?
Old 04-23-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good morning, Marchers!

Work this morning/afternoon. AA meeting at 5 and maybe 8. Zelda. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm not going to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Good morning!

It's been a busy, but good weekend so far. It's a beautiful, spring day here so we're going to plant our garden today. My 7 yo loves helping, but I'm sure my 2 yo will just try to pull everything out that we plant lol.

Wishing you all a nice and sober Sunday. Will check back in later. Love to all!
Old 04-23-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Have a good day smelling the earth lb.
My day just passed (0027 Monday now) was productive and as per usual waves of distress and anxiety came. The more that happens- the more productive I make myself. I blunder about in mindful darkness, but it works. 3 more arty things happening. They evolve- one from the last. A visual journal of my journey. Make an interesting read- put next to the posts here to me in the future. Got counselling, then blood for yearly check up, then meeting, then chasing up faceless women from govt things. Such is life. Been doing a lot of reading- on f-b have joined a few sites that do positive affirmations- to do with recovery. Works a little. Have a good one peoples.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Good morning people!

No plans for today. Been a very lazy, pleasant weekend. I needed this.

LB- can I just say you are pretty impressive? Racking up the days, doing the work - kicking butt. Great job!

CH - I remember you being all anxious about the painting and asking your neighbor. Yet, now you're almost in the other side- great job facing your fears. You rock!

Casey- proud of you for seeing the need to hit the meetings and doing it. Remember to take deep breaths and fill up your soul. You got this.

BBG- no idea about Paws- but I'm very familiar with the brain fog thing. Maybe check with your doctor? You have become the sober king.

PHX- sorry that all of your growth comes with pain. Someone up there must have awesome plans for you! Hang in there. Lots of hugs and support and heartfelt crap like that.

Have an awesome day friends. I'm going to.