Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 04-19-2017, 06:27 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

No Xanex last night. Didn't sleep. But feel oddly awake. Never knew the things I have recently found out about Benzos. Take very small dose .5mg. But shouldn't have turned it into a regular occurrence. Same feeling of attachment to the lil pill as to alcohol and that territorial feeling of not wanting to let it go. Anyway, I'm all set to remove 'benzos' completely. I'd be lying if I said I don't like it. Evil Grin... So off to Jazzercise to get this body tone for Key West next month. Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-19-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Just got back from a 5km run (not sure what that equates to in miles). First run in a long time...Must've looked like a right wally doing the weird half dying shuffle jog. But I made it. It can only get easier. Love to all. xxxx Onward sober soldiers xxxx
Old 04-19-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Just got back from a 5km run (not sure what that equates to in miles). First run in a long time...Must've looked like a right wally doing the weird half dying shuffle jog. But I made it. It can only get easier. Love to all. xxxx Onward sober soldiers xxxx
3.1 Miles and what the heck is a right wally? Great job Mish! Just wanted to say Hi!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It's the opposite direction of a left wally. Duh.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Will catch up on the thread and post more later, but just needed to do this quick post for myself. After a half day of the seminar today, I did some grocery shopping and came home.

Was good about not buying any wine, but when putting groceries away, again noticed a bit of rum left in the apartment owner's gallon jug in the fridge. I've seen it every day since getting here six days ago and have had no temptation (that it's not mine helps). Today for some reason it made me more uncomfortable. I moved it to a different part of the fridge and that made it worse so I moved it back, and then sort of lingered on what it might feel like to drink it.

But then I thought my plan, and first thought of my Team Marchers. That little extra moment allowed me to summon up my inner ninja and shut AV down. As an extra precaution I decided I would post here. Somehow just posting here really ups the ante in terms of me not drinking and takes my commitment to not drink to another level.

So, here is my commitment: I will not drink the rum (or beer) he has in the fridge. Don't want it, don't need it. Instead will go work on art or do one of the meditation assignments, and reflect on how nice it is and how much better I feel when I don't drink (full disclosure: will probably first binge on the next episode or so of Netlix's Better Call Saul Season 2...).

Thanks guys.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good job, argi. That rum isn't yours and it's not what you do anymore. Better Call Saul is awesome--much better choice than rum.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Great job on 5K, Mish. It's not how you look, even if you look like a wally, just as long as you're out there doing it!!!

BTW, I was thinking Wally and Beaver, but I don't think that's what you meant!
Old 04-19-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Yes, 5k is fantastic Mish!

Thanks for everybody's support about my biking event vs. my daughter's concert, family first.

Just a quick check in on day 33. Another sober ninja weekend is approaching, can't wait
Old 04-19-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Day 4. I'm rejoicing that I am actually looking forward to each day, to the little tasks at home and to my walks around the neighbourhood. I'd been doing those things out of a sense of duty - but now I really am looking forward to the doing of them. I'm thrilled
Sleeping well, eating well, storing up strategies and happy thoughts for when, not if, a challenge comes.
Ninja on!
Old 04-19-2017, 02:53 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Couldn't resist! We fight back!! Left/Right/Up/Down/Forward/Back
Old 04-19-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

People who see me walking by their house will never know what they're really looking at!
Old 04-19-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Sushi for dinner. It's a chilly dreary night here in the Midwest. Getting ready to make us berry smoothies for a treat.

I have a extended family reunion on Sunday afternoon in a Irish pub (well however close one outside of Ireland can be). I'm already thinking about it and will be strong. Saturday night granddaughter will spend the night, so I'm looking forward to a sober weekend!

Have. A good night Marchers!
Old 04-19-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Good job on working through the urges Agri. It sounds like you have a great opportunity at the meditation seminar. Take full advantage of it, which you seem to be doing very well. Well done!

Loving the Aussie slang Mish and miss it as an Aussie living overseas. A Wally is a friendly term for an idiot. If someone says or does something silly, we say "You're a Wally!" I think it comes from an ad we had on TV years ago about saving water during a long drought. Wally would waste water by watering his lawn and driveway for a long time. The catchphrase was "Don't be a Wally with water!"

Glad you feel at peace with your decision JCNY. Happy riding anyway.

I have a day off today. Yeah! But just found out last night that my little sweet cat, who has feline AIDS, now has been diagnosed with diabetes and will require 2 daily injections. Poor little dear. He won't be cured but we can make his life as happy and comfortable as we can. Bit nervous about doing the injections though, but I'll do anything to make him feel better.
The weather is overcast but we'll still go for a drive in the mountains and try and find a nice restaurant for lunch.
Feeling ok at day 33. I was reading last night and was happy to hear my hubby refer to it as studying. He does listen to me!
Have a great sober day all 😊

Loving the ninja pictures. I would like to imagine my ninja as the cool photo but I feel more like Kung Fu panda!
Old 04-19-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Doing ok

Thanks for the welcome all. I had a bit of trouble yesterday. Strong cravings to smoke weed. Didn't probably mostly because I'd have to call a guy.

I guess I'll learn everyone's names eventually.
Last night ai got some good advice at a meeting... if you aren't grateful for your sobriety you'll lose it. So I made a list of 8 things I'm grateful about this morning and it really did put me in a better mood.

An old religious dude told me to get down on my knees morning and night and ask for my cravings to be removed just as an experiment. So I'm gonna do that also... we can't hurt.

I own a baby (250) Ninja I ride to work sometimes and I Love better call Saul. Seems.like Netflix here hasn't got season 2 up yet but it'll happen.

Stay strong all.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:24 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Gazza, there's also a great daily gratitude thread somewhere here on SR. While I haven't been using it this time, it'd probably be a good idea for me to start getting back in that habit myself.

Found it:

The Gratitude List - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Hope everyone is doing well this evening. Just got done taking a long hot bath with a good book--ok, four good books as I usually have four books going at a time. I'm sick in many many ways besides my alcoholism. Now it's time to play a little Zelda and wait for the new season of Fargo to start in a bit.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
You are working to hard Dee. We are Marchers
Maybe Dee meant me----I'm from Fort February.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
It's the opposite direction of a left wally. Duh.
A right wally is someone who looks totally ridiculous...Which is what I looked like doing my version of running. Just finished another 5kms tonight. Hoping it will counteract the extra weight I'm gaining from eating for Australia since I stopped drinking lol.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post

Couldn't resist! We fight back!! Left/Right/Up/Down/Forward/Back
Love it!! xxxx
Old 04-20-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Day 40. Going in to see sister now in prison. I'll update you all on today's prison story.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:21 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

such a strong community on this thread.