Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 04-10-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Congrats sunshine and bebrave on 30 days. That is so so awesome! I hope to be, I mean I will be there in 6 more days. Also great job to Casey, Jimmy and everybody else who keeps building their sober days.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Bebrave and sunshine72. 30 days! That...is...incredible!!! You guys rock. And thanks Bebrave about the comment about making my body healthier to fight the chronic pain and treatment. I hadn't thought about it that way and that gives me an extra argument against AV.

Frank14 mentioned that it sounds like a little depression is pretty normal during recovery. I would be comforted to learn that because I feel like I am starting to get really depressed. Have any others felt a little or a lot of depression as they recovered? (My GP visit isn't until early May; I'll talk to her about it but was wondering about everyone else's experiences...)

Ciao for now.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by argillaceous View Post
Bebrave and sunshine72. 30 days! That...is...incredible!!! You guys rock. And thanks Bebrave about the comment about making my body healthier to fight the chronic pain and treatment. I hadn't thought about it that way and that gives me an extra argument against AV.

Frank14 mentioned that it sounds like a little depression is pretty normal during recovery. I would be comforted to learn that because I feel like I am starting to get really depressed. Have any others felt a little or a lot of depression as they recovered? (My GP visit isn't until early May; I'll talk to her about it but was wondering about everyone else's experiences...)

Ciao for now.
Hey Arg. I feel a little blah occasionally because I miss my best friend(alcohol). A little blah is part of a non drinkers life too and is a lot better than a hangover...........Jimmy
Old 04-10-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

I still find myself pretty darn tired most days. Not as crazy as the first 3 weeks or so, but still more tired than usual. Though I guess "usual" for the past 21 years was quite abnormal, so normal human life could just include tiredness. I could nap at least twice a day if it were possible.

On the plus side, I can enjoy coffee now without having crazy ass panic attacks.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:08 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Found this thread on Page 4 of "New Posts", thought it deserved to be bumped
4 weeks for me now I think.
Stay close, everyone
Old 04-11-2017, 01:27 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hey guys. Feeling pretty miserable. But hey I'm still breathing.
Congratulations to everyone hitting milestones. You are awesome. Keep up the good work. 23 day for me. Love to all xxxx
Old 04-11-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Administrator

mish - hope tomorrow is better for you

D
Old 04-11-2017, 05:20 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

30 days today!! Congrats to all my other classmates with their milestones x
Old 04-11-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats bimbott

D
Old 04-11-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 12.

Work all day. Blah. But it beats being unemployed.

Congrats on 4 weeks, Caramel!

So happy you checked in, Mish. Sorry you're feeling miserable but just remember a drink ain't the answer for us. Hang tough, my friend!

Huge congrats on 30 days, bimbott!

Hope everyone else checks in soon. Remember we're stronger together.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Checking in on Day 31!

Busy week at work. AV is contained though. Have a good sober day everyone!
Old 04-11-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Quick check in on day 25. Rough day at work triggered some anxiety and feelings of doom. I need to be strong and persevere as drinking is NEVER the solution.

I like what Frank14 says - drinking is not an option because I don't drink anymore.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

No worries JCNY. Sounds like booze is off the table even on the bad days. Good stuff. Checking in then out for the evening fellow Marchers...........Jimmy
Old 04-11-2017, 09:57 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

hi guys just a quick check in, day 26. Feeling easily aggravated so I'm trying not to post too much in case I snap at someone over nothing I know it's a passing mood so nothing to do but ride it out and keep my mouth shut.

Congrats to everyone hitting milestones.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:01 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Lucky day 13 here and good to hear the milestones and positive vibes. I've had zero urges and my AV is apparently away on vacation. I've been here before many times, so I might be feeling depressed because of all the memories of failing 2-3 weeks in. It's sort of like a quarterback who keeps throwing interceptions at critical times and loses his confidence.

I was at the ski lodge this week having a good lunch when Bob Seger's Main Street was playing. It really spooked me because you don't hear that one very often and it brought me back to my drinking days when I'd stay up late listening to that song among others. I guess I'll just have to listen to those songs while I'm sober, since I don't drink anymore.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Day 32. We're missing some people! Check in, let us know how you're doing.

Good job Frank-- you're right, you don't drink any more!

Congrats on 30 days Bimbott!
Old 04-12-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Also lucky #13 for me. I can't say that I haven't had any urges/thoughts of drinking but I haven't had anything overwhelming yet. I keep trying to remind myself what I need to do when those thoughts do come--because they will, they always do. I need to let them out, to ask for help immediately, and to remember they're just thoughts and don't mean I have to actually take the drink.

Off work today. I bought a Nintendo Switch and the new Zelda game after work last night so I'm sure that will be most of my plan for today.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 04-12-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Day 38. Feeling positive; working at this every day. I hope you all have a great day.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Heading home from beach today. Boo! So I've realized how my marriage is stagnant. Our courtship was in a drunken haze and we have had more drinking time than sober time together. So I'm finding myself extremely bored with my life with my husband. Seems he only comes out of his she'll if he had a few brews. I'll have to work on this delima. I talked with him last night. I'm pretty concerned. But we will work it out. He hasn't made the firm commitment to sobriety but goes along with whatever I do. Hmmm... anyway just my thoughts for now...
Old 04-12-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Off work today. I bought a Nintendo Switch and the new Zelda game after work last night so I'm sure that will be most of my plan for today.
I'm so tempted to get the Switch just for Zelda too. I've lately been playing the hell out of Horizon: Zero Dawn on PS4 when I have time.