Notices

Family Night still feeling PAWS

Old 04-01-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Family Night still feeling PAWS

So tonight my entire family got together to watch some basketball and chill. It was a pretty fun night for the most part until I realized that I still am suffering significant withdrawal symptoms. I could barely follow any of the conversations I was having and the topics of discussion were so mundane. I am 197 days sober and it seems as if my withdrawal symptoms can still pop up out of nowhere and I am beyond frustrated by them. Brain fog and memory problems. Sounds like a rap album....lol. Anyway, it kinda feels like I'm high all the time, I remember what I'm doing while I'm doing it, but tomorrow i'll retain only fragments.

I think this emoji says it all...
Old 04-01-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
F*** the Zero

Hi changes. I'm in the same place at 213 days sober.
symptoms come and go in varying degrees. they pass but in the moment dealing with them we become desperate for respite.

awareness is key. you are aware that its an adjustment period and that all hope is not gone.
and being aware of that hopefully mans youll be aware that drinking again isn't a solution but a trap
Old 04-01-2017, 11:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Ride it out, guys. It really will end. I also had that strange feeling of being high all the time due to prolonged sobriety. Ironic, really.